Arena opponent portraits.

chickenbutt
Donor

Arena opponent portraits.

#1 » Post by chickenbutt » 10 Oct 2012 19:06

The arena opponent portraits on the right side of the screen when you're in an arena match (in this case 2v2) show 3 names instead of 2. It shows my partner and the other 2 opponents. This interferes with my gladius addon causing it to show my team partner as the first opponent, meanwhile the second one is nowhere. Sometimes the arena opponents names haven't even shown up AT ALL on the right side of the screen.

Gladius is NOT what's causing this, I had it turned off one game and it still showed three names on the right side (standard blizzard ui).

I'm very sure at least 90% of the PvPers on this server use Gladius, so this isn't a fix to overlook. Please don't overlook this bug as it renders a lot of PvPers including myself CRIPPLED and unable to do arena.
You can argue and say "You don't need addons to PvP, that's for noobs." but I digress. Gladius is an almost crucial addon for all arena play and this should definitely be recognized as a problem.

Thank you.

:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: Arena opponent portraits.

#2 » Post by Kindzadza » 10 Oct 2012 22:12

Yea,I've noticed this today..It's really annoying and I had to hide the box before the match every game.

Might be something related with the arena,because the Gladius just uses the information of the opponents.The problem appears in the default box from the client..We' were playing 3vs3 and I had 1 of my partners at the default box + my opponents.

Boxis
Donor

#3 » Post by Boxis » 10 Oct 2012 22:20

yep,gladius is not doing this,tryed with and without it as well in skirmish/rated..all I know is that it happens randomly,sometimes its working fine,sometimes you have 5 enemy pannels in 3v3 lol.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Kindzadza » 10 Oct 2012 22:23

Afaik nothing was modified with the arena recently (manually),so it may be something from the core.I can't browse the Trinity hub now,but tommorow I will unless someone has intel on this. :P

Shlavenzo
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Shlavenzo » 11 Oct 2012 01:38

It happens with me in a worse way , Gladius shows only 1 enemy+my partner , so 1 enemy is missing from the panel

Intervention
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Intervention » 11 Oct 2012 01:42

Happens for me too shlavenzo.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Cover25

#7 » Post by Cover25 » 11 Oct 2012 01:43

Well, you all have it easy then. With my spartanUI their at the bottom of my screen, under my action bars :>

Gorecleave

#8 » Post by Gorecleave » 11 Oct 2012 03:56

I NEED MY GLADUIS 1500 ARENA IS SO HARD WITHOUT IT. I CANT WIN WITHOUT MY ADDONS. NOOOOO

Mortifier

#9 » Post by Mortifier » 11 Oct 2012 04:06

OMG Y I CANT CLICK FOCUS??? PLS SAY ME??? I CLICK GLADIUS BUT FOCUS IS MY PARTNER???? PLSSS SAY ME HOW FIX :D

get over it noobs, if you cant play without addons you might aswell try guild wars 2 i heard its very friendly towards people that cant utilize their hands for more than 5 keybinds.
why dont you just try a focus mouseover macro? its really simple to make....

Gorecleave

#10 » Post by Gorecleave » 11 Oct 2012 04:12

Kindzadza wrote:Yea,I've noticed this today..It's really annoying and I had to hide the box before the match every game.

Might be something related with the arena,because the Gladius just uses the information of the opponents.The problem appears in the default box from the client..We' were playing 3vs3 and I had 1 of my partners at the default box + my opponents.
"I dont use focus bash. i prefer to tab to my target then interrupt then tab back" quote from kindz when we did 3v3 LOL what a bad. so mort i dont think kindz would be able to make that focus target mouse over macro LOL

Intervention
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Intervention » 11 Oct 2012 04:14

You two are so arrogant it actually makes me laugh how sad you both are.

"Oh inter oh my glad title man oh my god all my hard work er ah oh uh, all that vsing people on private servers for 2k rating oh ma gawd er or interr arm pen and my gear mannn all my gear, the raid is me i am the raid i am pvp"

get over it...

It is cute how you two tag along. Who's holding who's withdrawn pocket? Gore holding Mort's or perhaps the other way around?

Mortifier you're banned again, congrats. No i didn't ban you for the above post, as stupid as it was but just overall.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Mortifier

#12 » Post by Mortifier » 11 Oct 2012 04:20

MACRO WHAT IS???
I CLICK PALADIN IN ARENA THEN CLICK FRAME THEN CLICK SET FOCUS IS BEST!! :D

its not arrogance if you make fun of people who refuse to work on themselves

inter that made me giggle

BOW BEFORE MY MIGHT!! I AM PVP!!! I AM DEATH!!!

i got banned like 3 weeks ago for showing mysterygamer and arockalypse my penis....

Intervention
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Intervention » 11 Oct 2012 04:23

You would be that sad to do that....
Chicken, Fried Chicken

narcissa

#14 » Post by narcissa » 11 Oct 2012 09:42

Mortifier wrote:its not arrogance if you make fun of people who refuse to work on themselves
lol'd.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Kindzadza » 11 Oct 2012 10:59

Gorecleave wrote:"I dont use focus bash. i prefer to tab to my target then interrupt then tab back" quote from kindz when we did 3v3 LOL what a bad. so mort i dont think kindz would be able to make that focus target mouse over macro LOL
And I was still doing more damage than you and probably more interupts.Hm?