Autobroadcast Going Nuts?

reaperjc89

Autobroadcast Going Nuts?

#1 » Post by reaperjc89 » 01 Jul 2012 02:41

I was playing talking to some guildies when all of a sudden autobroadcast went insane and started just going none stop i cant see any guild chat and i cant see anything from whispers or anything like that...any ideas whats going on and how i can fix it?
Roll With The Reefers!

Alexandros

Re: Autobroadcast Going Nuts?

#2 » Post by Alexandros » 01 Jul 2012 02:43

It just stopped

reaperjc89

#3 » Post by reaperjc89 » 01 Jul 2012 02:45

ok i thought it was something i did and i kinda freaked out but ty sir!
Roll With The Reefers!

Alexandros

#4 » Post by Alexandros » 01 Jul 2012 02:52

Anyway if it ever happens again you go to your chat box, then right click on "General", select "Settings" and a config window will appear. Go to the "Other" category and then in the "Other" column you'll see "System Messages" enabled. Disable it for you to stop seeing the autobroadcasts spam. Be aware that disabling "System Messages" will also stop you from seeing any GM announcement, arena announcements and character info through chat. So pay attention to /world channel because you will know through there what is the condition of the autobroadcasts, if they say that the spam stopped, you better enable system messages again or you might miss important announcements.
Last edited by Guest on 01 Jul 2012 02:56, edited 1 time in total.

Flexall
Donor

#5 » Post by Flexall » 01 Jul 2012 02:55

Well the best thing wouldn't be to disable system messages, just wait it out. The spamming doesn't happen long at all, it will just spam long enough to "catch-up" with the current time. The solution is wait it out not disable system messages.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Phaedra

#6 » Post by Phaedra » 01 Jul 2012 03:40

I just wish there was some way to disable the arena queue announcer. I really don't care that a 2v2 arena team named "HOLY PALLADIN AND DEATH KNIGHT" just entered, then exited, then entered again, you know? Sigh...

Intervention
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Intervention » 01 Jul 2012 04:43

Well you can do that as above which is explained by Alex. But as he said, there's some implications.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Phaedra

#8 » Post by Phaedra » 01 Jul 2012 04:52

Oh, yes, that much I knew, but I was referring to just SOLELY the arena queue announcer. I don't mind the occasional "Be sure to check out our forums" and so forth, and I definitely like being informed when a friend or guildie logs on, but do we really need page after page of "KILLROXXXXORRZZZZ joined" "Booger- Sniffer the Cannibal exited" "KILLROXXXXORRZZZZ exited" "My Little Pwney exited" scrolling across the chat screen? I mean, can't we have this available for the people who want it without having it a permanent part of the auto-announce?

I know, beating a dead horse. This has been brought up in numerous threads before. Just venting my frustration and annoyance.

Sigh...Oh well.

[EDIT: You may have "Booger-Sniffer the Cannibal" as your arena team name if you want, but I'll expect the usual author's compensation of 7% in royalties for every victory. :mrgreen: ]

Flexall
Donor

#9 » Post by Flexall » 01 Jul 2012 06:01

We can turn off the arena que announces but then there would be less arenas. Let's just face it, most teams don't even join arena que if there isn't teams joining already. I could only imagine how much worse it would be if there was no announce for it at all. Back when we had a 700+ population it would have been fine to turn it off but right now it should stay on.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Drago

#10 » Post by Drago » 01 Jul 2012 10:28

I hope we are not going back to (FORGET IT!) :)
Last edited by Drago on 01 Jul 2012 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Intervention
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Intervention » 01 Jul 2012 17:24

No sir never again
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Drago

#12 » Post by Drago » 01 Jul 2012 18:28

:lol: What I went through back then, and still stayed lol. Rerolling 3 times 8 levels sucks :D
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Cover25

#13 » Post by Cover25 » 01 Jul 2012 20:46

Dragonor wrote::lol: What I went through back then, and still stayed lol. Rerolling 3 times 8 levels sucks :D
Maybe you should take that video down. It's not a good sign for people who might come across it interested in joining the server.

Drago

#14 » Post by Drago » 01 Jul 2012 20:47

Well yeah, but it's such a good memory Q_Q, I'll just make it private then.
ImageImage