For Roel, ICC 10 Achievement Bug

Mmeko

For Roel, ICC 10 Achievement Bug

#1 » Post by Mmeko » 22 Oct 2011 14:18

So, here is the issue we talked about on the "Realm first Lich king kill" topic made by Bluebell in the offtopic section.

3 of the 10 persons who managed to kill the Lich King (Meko, Uknowme and Ctrlaltdel) didn't get any achievement because of a bug. We didn't get it because we were thrown down the edge by the valkyr and, even if we got ressed by Terenas we died right after accepting.
We already posted many SS's on the other topic, but I'll post some of them back here

http://imageshack.us/f/26/wowscrnshot102111002152.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/87/lichkingw.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/90 ... 00712.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/lichking2.jpg/
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5646/prooftb.jpg

Thanks for your patience reading this, personally I don't really care about achievement and title, but I'm looking forward and I'd really love being able to do the instance in heroic mode in the next days

Roel
Founder

Re: For Roel, ICC 10 Achievement Bug

#2 » Post by Roel » 22 Oct 2011 14:33

The achievements won't be given...

Arockalypse
Donor

#3 » Post by Arockalypse » 22 Oct 2011 14:46

omg thats so unfair :S
we all know they were there
they deserve it ...
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Ctrlaltdel

#4 » Post by Ctrlaltdel » 22 Oct 2011 14:50

Roel wrote:The achievements won't be given...

i really don't give a flying fuck what you do after reading this.

myself Meko and Uknowme went through nearly SIX FUCKING HOURS of hell and countless wipes only to be screwed out of not only our achievements and titles but our ability to even enter icc10 hc mode and THIS is what you say after all teh proff we've provided?

YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF AND DIE IN A FIRE YOU SON OF A BITCH

Spectrum

#5 » Post by Spectrum » 22 Oct 2011 14:54

Oh wow, seriously? Any little respect I had left for this person is completely gone...

Roel you need to stop acting like a kid and do the right thing. I know this means that you'll have to give the achievements to any other players who also encounter this bug in the future, but if it's too much of a hassle for you (which it isn't really) then LK should never had been opened in the first place...
Last edited by Guest on 22 Oct 2011 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

Mmeko

#6 » Post by Mmeko » 22 Oct 2011 14:55

Ctrlaltdel wrote:

i really don't give a flying f** what you do after reading this.

myself Meko and Uknowme went through nearly SIX F** HOURS of hell and countless wipes only to be screwed out of not only our achievements and titles but our ability to even enter icc10 hc mode and THIS is what you say after all teh proff we've provided?

YOU CAN GO F** YOURSELF AND DIE IN A FIRE YOU SON OF A BITCH
Guess that won't help :lol:

Ok Roel, this means I'll have to wait and i'll go do heroic next week then, hoping the Valkyr won't choose me again.

To anyone who's trying ICC10 again in the next weeks, wait before celebrating! You'll have to kill LK at least 2 times before getting the chance to do heroic, since it's impossible to avoid having at least 2 ppl get thrown down the edge (because of another bug)

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 22 Oct 2011 15:04

Apparently people don't understand that LK is opened for testing only. This bug will get fixed just like any other bug.

Necrosis

#8 » Post by Necrosis » 22 Oct 2011 15:07

ICC
Posted by: Roel| 06-10-2011
ALL ICC bosses are now opened on ALL difficulty modes except for gunship. The Lich King might have some bugs left especially on heroic but I believe only in disadvantage to players and will probably get fixed soon. Report any important bugs at the forum, if a boss needs to be closed because he was too "easy" due to a bug then all gear that dropped will be deleted from the inventory of the players.

Your post from homepage and not a single word mentioned that LK is opened for testing...

I bet now you're gonna say the whole server is for testing purpose right :D?

Mmeko

#9 » Post by Mmeko » 22 Oct 2011 15:14

Roel wrote:Apparently people don't understand that LK is opened for testing only. This bug will get fixed just like any other bug.
Isn't the WHOLE server for testing purposes only? Why do we even have a quest completer then...

Spectrum

#10 » Post by Spectrum » 22 Oct 2011 15:15

Roel wrote:Apparently people don't understand that LK is opened for testing only. This bug will get fixed just like any other bug.
Can't believe you motivated that with "testing purposes"... We know what the real matter here is... Would alliance have gotten the same treatment if they were the ones to down the Lich King? We can't know, but it REALLY makes you wonder...

Prite

#11 » Post by Prite » 22 Oct 2011 15:15

But why not give what's their right? it's u're not providing them any favour, u'ld just be giving what they deserve from killing LK, and they're even the first to do so. Put yourself in their shoes... it would be painfull to see all their hard work go to nothing
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Nuke

#12 » Post by Nuke » 22 Oct 2011 15:15

Very good job on crewing your own server. A lot of people left it already and i can see a lot of people will leave. Also as an owner you shouldn't really act like that, sorry. I would already leave it but can't leave my friends from my previous server so ... i'm really sorry i started playing here... what's the point opening these bosses if they don't work properly anyway, so ye i agree with Spectrum in this case. Well maybe i'm wrong but that's what i think ...

No ofense but i smell some favoritism to 1 faction here only ... sorry if i am mistaken, but it's to much obvious you know. I'm not the only one who thinks this anyway.

Ctrl: that really won't help. i suggest you guys regroup again - it should be easier since u got some xp from it.

Mmeko

#13 » Post by Mmeko » 22 Oct 2011 15:28

lol, let's not turn this into a HordeVSRoel fight. His server-his rules. I only find hilarious the way GMs and the owner always have a different opinion about the most important matters regarding the server.

Roel
Founder

#14 » Post by Roel » 22 Oct 2011 15:32

I don't know what you're making such a big deal about, it's just an achievement. Personally I would really like to help you and give the achievement but I can't help everyone who will also have this problem in the future.

Btw favorism to ally just makes me laugh. At the new realm I just played some BGs as horde because I heard ally was winning a lot. Allies also killed LK afaik and I didn't give them any achievement.

But just tell me if you know how to fix this particular LK bug.

Mmeko

#15 » Post by Mmeko » 22 Oct 2011 15:41

Roel wrote:I don't know what you're making such a big deal about, it's just an achievement. Personally I would really like to help you and give the achievement but I can't help everyone who will also have this problem in the future.

Btw favorism to ally just makes me laugh. At the new realm I just played some BGs as horde because I heard ally was winning a lot. Allies also killed LK afaik and I didn't give them any achievement.

But just tell me if you know how to fix this particular LK bug.
1) It's not just an achievement (I don't care about achievements and never even do the event ones), It's the chance to go do HEROIC ICC;
2) I agree with the fact that ppl blaming you of favouring allies is only a huge joke when you have several friends in the horde players (at least some of the mods afaik) and play horde on the instant80 realm;
3) No. We're realm first. No one ever killed LK before
Last edited by Mmeko on 22 Oct 2011 15:44, edited 3 times in total.