Tabard restore

Beli

Tabard restore

#1 » Post by Beli » 14 Sep 2011 20:49

I've must have accidentally deleted the tabard awarded by Brutally dedicated achievment. Any luck restoring it ? It's just a tabard after all :)

Nexxus

Re: Tabard restore

#2 » Post by Nexxus » 15 Sep 2011 01:28

lol mate, they wont give ya tabard i am 10000000% sure :shock:
How you made that error :S Anyways that was epic tabard and it would ask you if you are sure to delete it so idk how y did that @_@

Sry but i wish you best of luck ;)

Beli

#3 » Post by Beli » 15 Sep 2011 02:26

To be honest I have no idea...I wanted to equip it and couldn't find it anymore.

Don't see the big problem in restoring it..I know we normally can't get items we lost, but this item doesn't have any stats nor does it improve me in any way except making me look more awesome. Plus all other items in game which are lost can be aquired again, but there is no way to get this one.

Maybe remove this ach so I can get it again? But that sounds like a lot more work then just restoring the item.

Intervention
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Intervention » 15 Sep 2011 04:58

You deleted it. So it was voluntary. So no, it won't be restored.. :)
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Tia

#5 » Post by Tia » 15 Sep 2011 12:10

Hm, can't we really restore items granted by achievements that prove the owner had them?

OkweL

#6 » Post by OkweL » 15 Sep 2011 12:29

@Tia, you are great ^_^

If I would write that, then there would be another flame war that I know rules, and that no single item is refunded, but this time it's YOU that picked that problem into discussion. You just saw one of examples when staff is going too STRICTLY with "rules".

Cover25

#7 » Post by Cover25 » 15 Sep 2011 12:31

Tia wrote:Hm, can't we really restore items granted by achievements that prove the owner had them?
I think we only refund them if the player lost it due to a bug and such, Not deleting it.

narcissa

#8 » Post by narcissa » 15 Sep 2011 12:42

well, afaik, items get lost just like that, one day i had the black war bear next day i don't. I didn't report it because i don't really care, but stuff like this happen.

Beli

#9 » Post by Beli » 15 Sep 2011 13:00

Like I said..I'm not sure if I deleted it or not, the only thing I know is that I wanted to equip it yesterday and couldn't find it anymore.

I know about your policy about not refunding items, but since this server is blizzlike they do return items that can't be obtain again.

Intervention
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Intervention » 15 Sep 2011 13:19

Tia wrote:Hm, can't we really restore items granted by achievements that prove the owner had them?
Yeah i never got items like that back. The player deleted the item themselves, it was not a bug or anything. I always give items back or achievements or whatever if it is because of a bug..

If you delete your weapon on retail and you say 'Oh can i have it back' they say 'tough luck buddy you deleted it yourself' and then they say 'we will look into it and let you know if anything comes up'. They sent me an email a few days later wit their policy of items and whether it is refunded and blah blah. In other words, they sent me 300 words worth of 'No'. Personal experience.

The only thing with this is as mentioned....

1) Can't be refunded by the player like other items
2) Do we have proof whether the player deleted it or it was just randomly lost due to a bug?

I'm all into customer satisfaction but saying "Yes" to one thing can open up the option to saying 'Yes' to everything and this can cause some issues...

Think of it this way. If we said everyone who was unaware was allowed to get an item back etc. and we'd then do it, then what stops players from always saying they're unaware? Good customer service is not providing each and every exception that we're asked. Good customer service can, and will, require us to say no from time to time.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Beli

#11 » Post by Beli » 15 Sep 2011 13:35

Intervention wrote: Yeah i never got items like that back. The player deleted the item themselves, it was not a bug or anything. I always give items back or achievements or whatever if it is because of a bug..
I'm not really sure if I deleted it or not, but since I don't have it anymore I'm guessing I did. I could''ve just said its lost cause of the bug, but I'm not here to scam you.
Intervention wrote: If you delete your weapon on retail and you say 'Oh can i have it back' they say 'tough luck buddy you deleted it yourself' and then they say 'we will look into it and let you know if anything comes up'. They sent me an email a few days later wit their policy of items and whether it is refunded and blah blah. In other words, they sent me 300 words worth of 'No'. Personal experience..
Yeah but that's a different scenario cause you can get the same weapon again, while in this case there is no way to get the tabard back. From what I know from retail, they restore items in that situations. Why not have the same rule here since we are proudly a true wow (blizzlike) server?

Intervention
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Intervention » 15 Sep 2011 14:47

True they restore certain items for you such as BOA items that are not refundable. In this case, your item is not refundable so i guess that holds up. A valid point. I'm still not 100% sure on giving the items back if they are just deleted it but i guess items that are not refundable can be an exception i am happy with that.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Beli

#13 » Post by Beli » 15 Sep 2011 14:52

So which steps do I need to take now in order to get the tabard back since you say you are not 100% sure?

Roel
Founder

#14 » Post by Roel » 15 Sep 2011 16:14

Refund it if you want, I personally wouldn't do it because I have better things to do...

Beli

#15 » Post by Beli » 15 Sep 2011 16:17

That's why you have gms :)
So Intervention, would you be kind enough to refund it ?