OSX Lion download the game

arpi

OSX Lion download the game

#1 » Post by arpi » 17 Aug 2011 03:07

Hello,

I recently registered on truewow, but using the connection guide in this forum for macs, i was unable to install the game. Mainly because i'm using OSX Lion, and the installer is a PPC installer, it doesn't run on Lion.

Upon searching the web for complete game for mac (not the 4.0+ versions) i found the ITRWow torrent, got the game, changed the realmlist to truewow, the game still saying that i need a patch (same is happening with the itrwow realms also).

I played wow before ( on the blizzard servers, and ~4yrs ago on private ones) so I know how to path the game to the right version, delete cache, wtf, etc folders and set the realm list. The only problem is now that i cannot find a game installer (besides the official blizzard one, which is 4.0+) that will install the game under OSX Lion.

Thank you.

OkweL

Re: OSX Lion download the game

#2 » Post by OkweL » 17 Aug 2011 13:48

I tryied to search trough google but apparently many search results (mainly on different forums) have been deleted, and after checking cached version it all ended with, either upgrade to Cata and play on retail or downgrade your OsX to Leo.

However I have found some basic guide with download links. I cannot guarantee in any way that those links are working or safe, but I guess you have no choice if you want to stay on Lion.

And since Molten have been linked few times in the past, direct link:
http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=51436

PS. 1 hint found on the Blizzards forum (last post):
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2878398837
Maybe installing from wotlk will go?

arpi

Re: OSX Lion download the game

#3 » Post by arpi » 18 Aug 2011 01:11

ok i managed to install the game and login to the server. Ty for the help.