Main page Info

bigbangnet

Main page Info

#1 » Post by bigbangnet » 03 Jul 2011 23:14

Uhh could you guys add to the main page that the server is working...just the website is offline. If I put myself in a non intellectual redneck nose picking point of view, I would think the whole server is offline.

Just a tought ?!!

Cover25

Re: Main page Info

#2 » Post by Cover25 » 04 Jul 2011 02:26

bigbangnet wrote:Uhh could you guys add to the main page that the server is working...just the website is offline. If I put myself in a non intellectual redneck nose picking point of view, I would think the whole server is offline.

Just a tought ?!!
Good sir i love Your sterotypes. I must say it really shows how Wise you are good sir.

EDIT: Hey why dont we put a step by step guide about how to start the wow client?

1. Start your comp. Oh wait rednecks dont have computers because Of how stupid they are and their fingers are in their noses all the time to even type so theres no point right?. :/ Damn shame, Thank you for showing me the real world.

Felnight

#3 » Post by Felnight » 04 Jul 2011 05:58

I kinda thought the whole "Redirecting you to the forums' would be enough to show the server is online...not to mention, new players can not make accounts regardless....so anybody who plays here would already know whats going on...

bigbangnet

#4 » Post by bigbangnet » 07 Jul 2011 02:32

Cover25 wrote:
bigbangnet wrote:Uhh could you guys add to the main page that the server is working...just the website is offline. If I put myself in a non intellectual redneck nose picking point of view, I would think the whole server is offline.

Just a tought ?!!
Good sir i love Your sterotypes. I must say it really shows how Wise you are good sir.

EDIT: Hey why dont we put a step by step guide about how to start the wow client?

1. Start your comp. Oh wait rednecks dont have computers because Of how stupid they are and their fingers are in their noses all the time to even type so theres no point right?. :/ Damn shame, Thank you for showing me the real world.
My answer tried to use humor. Your reply was about being either rude or sarcasitc. In any way, its insulting. I was just trying to help by making sure the info on the server was displayed correctly. For example it wasnt dead and still online.

Only by redirecting a website you don't show the server is online. You only tell the "website" is online. Nothing is shown from the server. Doesnt mean the forum is active that the server is too.

Quixoticrogue
Donor

#5 » Post by Quixoticrogue » 09 Jul 2011 18:08

jeepers MODS, go easy on the guy.

why do you have to belittle him/her?

re: 'My answer tried to use humor. Your reply was about being either rude or sarcasitc.'
ImageAnyone got a light?

Intervention
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Intervention » 10 Jul 2011 08:15

Dude what are you on about?
The right side of the website gives you the realm status, including 'Online' in green text or it can say 'Offline' in red text. Plus people online, etc. etc.

As for ingame, i mean really, a global announce saying the website is back online? Useless.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Sunshine

#7 » Post by Sunshine » 10 Jul 2011 13:43

Intervention wrote:Dude what are you on about?
The right side of the website gives you the realm status, including 'Online' in green text or it can say 'Offline' in red text. Plus people online, etc. etc.

As for ingame, i mean really, a global announce saying the website is back online? Useless.
You might wanna check the date on wich this topic in made. :)

bigbangnet

#8 » Post by bigbangnet » 14 Jul 2011 03:28

Thats the funny part of those guys replies lol. I don't wanna be rude but "some" answers are totally way off track LMAO.

For example Intervention tells me theres enough info on the main site. The info he missed is for a very long time the main page of this website was offline. Only black text on a white background saying the website is offline. A big general message without any further details. Soon afterwards, the website got back up but that was later after the incident.

A redirection to a forum doesn't mean the wow server is still active. A forum stays a forum. Lots of people know that. I'm no expert in communication but the next time something like this happens, give more details on the status of the wow server, main website, character tools, forums and all those things. That way you wont lose people...or lose less I guess.

Flexall
Donor

#9 » Post by Flexall » 14 Jul 2011 04:37

Wow I didn't know hunters had a rezz spell :shock:

This topic really should be locked, the website is back online and everything is working fine
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Cover25

#10 » Post by Cover25 » 15 Jul 2011 17:15

Done. And we have a mass res nab l2Hunter =D