Gurubashi Arena Grandmaster Quest

Arthfael

Gurubashi Arena Grandmaster Quest

#1 » Post by Arthfael » 01 Jul 2011 00:34

Hi to all and my first post here in the forum. I am new to this server and have been levelling / gearing a 19 Twink warrior ' Arthfael ' to the point every item except two are on the best in slot list and it was time to get the Arena Grandmaster trinket...

Unknown to me the quest is bugged. If you collected all the Arena Trinkets first and then take the quest it works but if you like I did simply took the quest on getting the first trinket the chest never has one in it after that...

I went back to the chest and looted it so many times I should have had dozens of trinkets ! Yet not one was in the chest after the first one.

Asking around as to why this was happening another player successfully collecting the trinkets told me of the bug. We even went to the Arena together I opened the chest ... no trinket ... he opened the same chest and got one proving the bug problem.

I made tickets asking if this quest can be rolled back so i could collect the trinkets first as it's not in the quest list so cant be abandoned. A GM has confirmed it cant be rolled back and the quest is bugged.

So here I am asking for help and advice... I need to complete this quest as without the Grandmaster trinket my twink will be seriously disadvantaged compares to similarly geared twinks. I have put far too much time , gold and effort getting all the gear so far to abandon this toon and roll a new one.

The quest does work if the 12 trinkets are handed in, so is there any way either the trinkets be obtained to hand in the quest or a GM / Admin complete the quest so I can finish my twinks gear ?

Yours help and assistance would be greatly appreciated....

Arthfael
Last edited by Guest on 03 Jul 2011 01:58, edited 1 time in total.

Cover25

Re: Gurubashi Arena Grandmaster Quest

#2 » Post by Cover25 » 01 Jul 2011 00:38

You bugged yourself, Iv Never seen a GM help with this quest ever, But you Dont NEED this trink nor anything you just want it. At this time you have a Slim to no Chance of getting help due to the current Condition of the server, Even after i doubt you will get helped with this as its just to much work. (Heard from another mod)

My Only Suggestion would be To reroll and Collect the 12 Trinks and Then accept and turn in the quest. You are No Different from the Hundreds of other twinks this happened to, and Little if None Got support with this.

Arachne

#3 » Post by Arachne » 01 Jul 2011 01:17

Cover25 wrote:You bugged yourself, Iv Never seen a GM help with this quest ever, But you Dont NEED this trink nor anything you just want it. At this time you have a Slim to no Chance of getting help due to the current Condition of the server, Even after i doubt you will get helped with this as its just to much work. (Heard from another mod)

My Only Suggestion would be To reroll and Collect the 12 Trinks and Then accept and turn in the quest. You are No Different from the Hundreds of other twinks this happened to, and Little if None Got support with this.
Unfortunately I would have to disagree with this statement Cover. Understandably the server has been through a really tough time these past weeks, and most if not all players on the server appreciate the effort the game masters, moderators and Roel himself have put in to maintain the server and get it up and running again. But, from what i have read, and from what Arthfael has told me personally in game, it seems that you've been dismissing this problem too readily. Just because maybe the staff of TrueWow is too busy right now doesn't mean you should dismiss his problem like nothing. This seems to be more of a matter of principle. Arthfael is not asking for a "FREE" item or a "FREE" quest completion. He has personally done the required work for this trinket I don't understand why because of a simple mistake he is not allowed to access it. You saw he just wants it and doesn't need the item; well then with this type of logic why should anymore content be released in game? Players don't "need" the content/items, they just want them. The same logic applies here! Anyways i know the staff is reluctant to just "give" players things (items, achievements etc.) because it's not in the spirit of being Blizzlike. Well helping players IS being Blizzlike. I know you guys are busy right now and he's not asking for immediate help. He just wants someone willing to talk to him about this and not immediately deny him (like a certain someone already did...). Hearing it's "too much work" or that apparently 100's of other twinks have this problem doesn't seem like much of a reason to not a help a player in need does it? Especially when I haven't seen a forum post about this yet, until Arthfael's. Maybe Arthfael can send in a ticket whenever he loots a chest and after 11 times give him the trinket? Just a little suggestion? :) Thanks for you time

Felnight

#4 » Post by Felnight » 01 Jul 2011 01:35

I suggest letting a GM actually answer this. By normal standards they do not in any way give items. If anything maybe the quest can be removed from the character. Then he has the ability to get the trinkets again. nothing lost nothing gained. Except the GM's time it takes him to remove it. Its up to a GM either way. Though With the title of this thread, now anyone will be able to tell the quest is bugged, and the GM's answer when its posted will be available for all to see. Sort of a warning to other people that its bugged and if they take the quest, they may not be helped in the future.
Just be patiant and dont spam this topic requesting help. Im sure your request/question will be answered soon by someone who can actually fix this for you.

Powdered

#5 » Post by Powdered » 01 Jul 2011 02:47

the first quest cant be removed but.....
if a GM not a mod was to add the second quest to him then he could loot the chest as normal
Ask before you steal signature's (AXXO)

Kraith
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Kraith » 01 Jul 2011 03:34

I answered this ticket. Here's the thing, I don't think it's possible to solve this problem anyway. Once you complete a quest, there is no way for us to "uncomplete" it. The only thing we could try is adding the quest again (which I don't think would change the loot table of the chest anyway), but that would contradict:
GM Rules wrote:5. Dont .quest add any quests to other only if it's about important class quests. So don't add missing quest which can not be obtained due bugs.
In my experience, not many twinks here have the Grand Master trinket due to this bug. It definitely isn't "required" here anyway. If I have some extra time, I'll do some testing, but it's lower priority for me.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Arthfael

#7 » Post by Arthfael » 01 Jul 2011 03:43

The NPC is there waiting with a ? over his head for the trinkets to be handed in...

If I had collected the trinkets first, accepted the quest then handed the 12 trinkets in it works ... other people have completed it.

All I need to complete it is the remaining 11 trinkets and it will work. I have looted the chest often enough that had the quest not been bugged I'd have dozens of the trinkets by now !

Is there anyway I can obtain the 11 remaining arena trinkets in order to hand in this quest ?

appreciate all your replies....

Arthfael

Kraith
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Kraith » 01 Jul 2011 07:06

We don't give out items or quests. So it would appear no.

Powdered

#9 » Post by Powdered » 01 Jul 2011 07:11

Kraith wrote:I answered this ticket. Here's the thing, I don't think it's possible to solve this problem anyway. Once you complete a quest, there is no way for us to "uncomplete" it. The only thing we could try is adding the quest again (which I don't think would change the loot table of the chest anyway), but that would contradict:
GM Rules wrote:5. Dont .quest add any quests to other only if it's about important class quests. So don't add missing quest which can not be obtained due bugs.
In my experience, not many twinks here have the Grand Master trinket due to this bug. It definitely isn't "required" here anyway. If I have some extra time, I'll do some testing, but it's lower priority for me.
if you add the second quest to his log he will be able to loot the chest as normal
Ask before you steal signature's (AXXO)

Arthfael

#10 » Post by Arthfael » 01 Jul 2011 13:27

Guys, thanks for the replies and suggestions. There must be a solution to this as it's so unfair. It's not like it's a quest that's bugged and cannot be done by anyone that I am asking to be completed.

In this case ... the quest actually works ... as long as your aware it has a bug that stops you collecting trinkets as soon as you accept it. Just collect all 12 trinkets first then accept the quest and hand them in ! It's a quest completable by anyone ... as long as you know about the bug beforehand !

Being new to this private server my only fault was I didn't know this and took the quest after the first trinket as you would any normal quest.

So if your a regular here and know the issue you can do this quest no problem but if your new and don't know you can never complete the quest....

How unfair is that ?

All I am asking is for a solution to be found , either rollback, quest completion or items. Whatever will make this work.

My only fault was not being aware of this bug ...

Arthfael

Maistra

Re: Gurubashi Arena Grandmaster QuestS

#11 » Post by Maistra » 01 Jul 2011 15:53

Sry that my reply wont help you but can you pls link me that quest or the trinket pls thx :)

Kraith
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Kraith » 01 Jul 2011 18:55

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Kindzadza » 01 Jul 2011 19:19

LOL @ Kraith :D

Blackberry

#14 » Post by Blackberry » 01 Jul 2011 23:53

@Kraith

wtf how did u do that XD./
im gonna spam somuch links like that to my friends on messenger ;o

Flexall
Donor

#15 » Post by Flexall » 02 Jul 2011 01:03

Blackberry wrote:@Kraith

wtf how did u do that XD./
im gonna spam somuch links like that to my friends on messenger ;o
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=let+me+google+that+for+you
How Ironic..
Anyways, that's how you do it

Back on topic, just make another character. It won't take you that long to get back up to lvl 19 again. I remade one at lvl 19 with over 1,500 HKs but the trinket was well worth it.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.