Everything back to normal yet?

ZAPSKULL

Everything back to normal yet?

#1 » Post by ZAPSKULL » 28 Jun 2011 11:37

Hi guys,
The past week has been quite tense and it seems that the hacker has stopped messing around with all of our characters, thanks to Roel. However both the Armory and TrueWoW Site remain temporarily closed. Does anyone know when the site and Armory will be back? Because I have a lot of bugged quests I would like to turn in

Thanks for having rid the Hacker(If not momentarily) Roel!

gambler

Re: Everything back to normal yet?

#2 » Post by gambler » 28 Jun 2011 13:15

I don't think we're back to normal, anytime the hacker can strike again, I'm not gonna play unless they say it's 100% safe. Been roll-backed once already, 1 lvl. I suggest you do the same.

Flexall
Donor

#3 » Post by Flexall » 28 Jun 2011 15:09

1 1/2 days of uptime seems pretty stable to me. The way the hacker was attacking the server has been found, that's why the armory and website is down. Everything is stable again. I'm not saying there won't be a rollback anytime soon, I'm saying I don't see one happening in the near future because the hacker has been dealt with.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

gambler

#4 » Post by gambler » 28 Jun 2011 15:21

Kraith said that they will let us know when it's 100% safe to play, so I'm still waiting. I'm tired of rollbakcs. BTW, Kraith said a few days ago that everything seems to be back to normal, NO GUARANTEES though, 10 hours later there was a rollback....so you never know.

Flexall
Donor

#5 » Post by Flexall » 28 Jun 2011 15:24

That was before we knew the exact way the hacker was attacking.
Anyways, I'm playing and lvling up my alts.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

gambler

#6 » Post by gambler » 28 Jun 2011 15:27

So....any status update then? Is that 100% confirmation coming or not?

Flexall
Donor

#7 » Post by Flexall » 28 Jun 2011 15:33

I wouldn't call it 100% until the vulnerabilities in the website are fixed and tested so the hacker can't attack anymore. Without the website and armory up seems pretty stable and I heard no complaints of lost accounts in awhile.

Congratulations!

Mikha1989

#8 » Post by Mikha1989 » 28 Jun 2011 16:20

Is it possible to set a new rollback date? Like setting it for today if everything's normal so far. This way the loss of a possible rollback wont be huge for the ones playing.

bigbangnet

#9 » Post by bigbangnet » 28 Jun 2011 18:03

that would be nice to know. If there was a rollback, what would be the estimated date ? Is its still the 23rd then I wont risk playing again but if its from a couple hours to a 1 - 2 days then it should be better. Or is it like always... before the that little brat started to hack of course which was around a couple of minutes ?

gambler

#10 » Post by gambler » 28 Jun 2011 21:06

Mikha and bigbangnet are both right, good suggestions

ZAPSKULL

#11 » Post by ZAPSKULL » 28 Jun 2011 23:48

I see your point guys. So do we know if the hacker has been dealt with already and like what Milkha said. Is it possible to set a new rollback date?

Asari

#12 » Post by Asari » 29 Jun 2011 04:01

Im sure its possible to set a new date, but that wouldnt be fair for those who lost their accounts, characters, items, gold, etc. Its set to THAT date because that was the last day before any of all this bad stuff started happening.

gambler

#13 » Post by gambler » 29 Jun 2011 10:20

So that means if the hacker takes a month break after which he starts hacking again, we'll go back to 23rd of June? lol. I'm waiting for that 100% safe confirmation, I don't know if it's coming or not, I think we need a status update.

Mikha1989

#14 » Post by Mikha1989 » 29 Jun 2011 14:04

Asari, since the last rollback has undone everything the hacker has made, and after THAT date nothing else has happened, I don't see the problem on setting a new safe date closer to today!

gambler

#15 » Post by gambler » 29 Jun 2011 15:11

The point is that they should let us know if we can play or not, they're probably not confirming that it's safe because if there will be another rollback, people will start accusing. Even if it's not safe to play, or not 100% safe, they should tell us...that's what I've been waiting for since the last rollback.