Axis, the nicest person

Gerfalx

Axis, the nicest person

#1 » Post by Gerfalx » 14 Jul 2020 02:38

Axis, I've got an advice for you -- if you're nice you're much more likely to receive co-operation. On the other hand, starting the conversation in a threatening tone is not very wise.

As you probably know, I later explained to Dymond what I was doing in that area in Arathi Highlands. You would get that information as well if you were a little bit nicer.
https://imgur.com/mu6PwG9

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Axis, the nicest person

#2 » Post by Axis » 14 Jul 2020 02:47

This isn't the first time you made our anti-cheat channel go haywire with hack pings.
Last time, two GMs responded to verify whether said pings legitimate or false positives.
This time, it was the same two GMs as well as myself.

During our investigation, we couldn't at all replicate what you did.
This raised several eyebrows among us, which further added to our suspicions of your activity in the area.
We have every right to detain and question you when you relog another character, appear in the same spot, approach us, target us while we're trying to reproduce the issue and then attempt to teleport out once we spotted you.

It is in your best interest to cooperate by giving us a direct, honest answer when you're questioned by a GM.
You decided not to, despite me asking you multiple times, so I removed you from the area.
The screenshot clearly shows that I asked you politely at first, before being more firm with you.
Even so, the tone with which I ask is irrelevant - you're the one being investigated for suspected illegal activity, not us.
You could have simply told me what you told Dymond.
You didn't.

The fact that you were in a raid group was already known to us (we can see it on our end).
It has no bearing on you being in the same location where you triggered more than two dozen hack pings on two separate occasions.

Furthermore, don't expect us to be rosy about it when we question you and you decide to evade.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#3 » Post by Dymond » 14 Jul 2020 03:47

This did make the second occasion that we received multiple warnings from your character, all in the same area. I did attempted to recreate the warning with no avail. Your character flagged 270 warnings in fact. Now you see how this would seem and why we were all suspicious.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Knewklear
Donor

#4 » Post by Knewklear » 14 Jul 2020 17:03

It's like being pulled over by a police officer. Just do as you're told and once everything is said and done, then you can begin asking questions of your own or even seek legal help. If you try to counter any of what is being asked of you the time, you're only going to make the situation worse.

And like Axis mentioned, you REALLY make yourself look like even more of a target when you don't answer their questions directly and truthfully.

Gerfalx

#5 » Post by Gerfalx » 14 Jul 2020 23:13

Do you understand that I didn't know that I triggered your anti-cheat alarms?
From my perspective it looked this way: I'm in a regular game area, not secret and not forbidden, and I'm not doing anything wrong (actually not doing anything special at all) and you right away talk to me as to a perpetrator. When I asked, "What's wrong in being here?", I meant I didn't understand what you were asking me about.

Axis, do you know what benefit of the doubt is?

>> This isn't the first time you made our anti-cheat channel go haywire with hack pings.

What was previous time? When I in a totally legitimate way got on top of n-shaped structure near the bridge at Bloodhoof Village, Mulgore?

>> approach us, target us while we're trying to reproduce the issue and then attempt to teleport out once we spotted you

That one is hilarious. What actually happened: when Bluer asked for more ppl for the weekly, I logged in this character and asked to be invited. Then I saw you (Axis) and Nymatik from afar. I was curious what you were doing there. I approached you and stood nearby for a moment. Both of you did not move. I thought that nothing intersting was going on there, and decided to move to Naxx since our raid group was almost complete.
Do you really think that I'm so stupid as to try to teleport away right in front of you, if I have done something wrong? If I did I would submerge and swim away underwater, without even approaching you two. Of course, I don't think that these actions really would have hidden me from the searching eye of GMs, but they could have at least been classified as "hiding". My actual actions couldn't.

>> The screenshot clearly shows that I asked you politely at first, before being more firm with you.

You said,
< What brings you here?
< You're in an investigation area.
< I suggest you answer quickly.

That's not more or less polite than anything you said in the conversation. Same level of politeness.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#6 » Post by Dymond » 15 Jul 2020 00:25

Ok, there is something triggering our system, again even today we were spammed with an additional 30 alerts of our anti cheat system. There is no need to become hostile. Gonna lock and move this thread.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Axis
Senior Game Master

#7 » Post by Axis » 15 Jul 2020 00:27

Bloodhoof was the first time you triggered hack pings, long ago.
Completely unrelated to this. And I subjected you to full checks back then as well.

The second time was a few days ago in Arathi. Yesterday, it happened again.
You've once again triggered alarms today (just a minute before I started writing this post).
That makes at least 4 separate times that we've had to verify a spam of hack pings because of you (3 of them just for Arathi).

1. Considering the extensive amount of time we have spent fine tuning our system to prevent most false positives.
2. The fact that you managed to trigger a tried and tested system on at least three separate occasions now, just for that area, with nearly 300 warnings (270-280 if I don't include today's incident).
3. The fact that 3 different GMs could not reproduce this, nor figure out how you managed to accomplish this (despite duplicating your actions).

Any player is beyond the benefit of a doubt at that point. They either cooperate or they're handled as we see fit.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that this is open for debate.
The way we handle any suspected player isn't up for discussion nor subject to input.
Your willingness to openly contradict us with a narrative to suit your own purposes is also bordering on challenging authority.

If you have a problem with me, or any other GM, I suggest you take it up with the Administrators.
We've got a job to do and we intend to do it.

End of discussion.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.