Lag with Addons

Leidenfrost

Lag with Addons

#1 » Post by Leidenfrost » 14 Nov 2019 18:20

I just made an aura in powerauras and suddenly I'm experiencing tremendous amounts of lag. First it was with abilities, an example being I was unable to use Bloodrage or Berserker Rage on my warrior, or able to get on my mount. I walked to the apothecarium in undercity to talk to an NPC about a quest, and when I got there, none of the NPCs were appearing. I attempted to log out but that option wasn't responding either, so I simply manually closed the game and re-launched it. At that point I was still experiencing a bit of latency but all of the NPCs were there and everything looked otherwise normal.
This time I have a fresh client and only addons installed directly from truewow.org.
I have no idea if the two occurrences (making the aura and starting to lag) had anything to do with eachother or if they just happened to coincide.

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Lag with Addons

#2 » Post by Axis » 14 Nov 2019 19:12

Post split from the other Lag / Connectivity issues thread as it doesn't belong there.
Are you able to reproduce this issue on the fresh client with 0 addons running?
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Doctor_J
Developer

#3 » Post by Doctor_J » 14 Nov 2019 20:57

There are several addons which cause players to lag in raids the culprits are usually data-broker addons or addons that share data with other players also running same addons in raids. I proved years ago that certain addons did this but can’t remember which wasn’t major addons but some addons can share a lot of sub channel data and if a lot of players are using can be a lot of data been bounced backwards and forwards between players I will try and find original post I replied to but did prove this was case before.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#4 » Post by Axis » 23 Dec 2019 19:36

Archived due to no response.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.