Trying to recover scammed and banned ID.

kaos_cre8r

Trying to recover scammed and banned ID.

#1 » Post by kaos_cre8r » 08 Jun 2019 15:31

I used to have a main Warrior named Gidius (which i changed it to "Fackmyrolls" later) 5-6 years ago (it was my first character in WoW). I used to regularly vote on truewow site and was one of the top voters for few months. I also used to make pug raids regularly in those time and farmed SM on it. There used to be many friends of me back then, some of whom still plays today and remembers me. There was this one friend who used to talk with me a lot and sometimes raid with me on one of his toons (cant remember that guy's toon name). So after i farmed SM, the guy asked me to share him my in game ID pass for PvP. At first i thought of not doing it, but then i thought my in game user ID and pass are different than forum ID pass (which i cant remember the old password, although i remember the username) and he was months old friend so I shared him my in game ID pass (which now I think was the biggest mistake made my me). He used to PvP when i used to be offline like he told me. He did politely use my ID for around 2 weeks so I thought there was nothing to be scared of. But after those weeks i tried logging in and the pass was shown to be as wrong. I thought i put it up wrong so i tried again and then thought server might be shut down for a while. But then i tried logging in my alt ID and it logged in. So i knew then that something went wrong. I instantly called all my friends (whom i introduced to WoW) to log in and message him about what will happen if this issue is prolonged and kindly return my ID pass and forum account (yea forum account password was changed by him). He put all my friends toon in ignore list and whichever toons i used to wisp it to him. Since it was midnight when it happened, the very next day i took this issue to Rohit who was my real-life friend and LAN mate. Firstly rohit abused me as to why i shared my ID and pass with some random online guy, but then he told me he could try talking to all the GMs since he knew them really well. My alt was a toon in Divinity and was friend with Rohankhanna so i talked with him too, but he said GMs cant help me in this matter since it was partially my fault (which i agreed upon). The next day Rohit told me getting the char back was almost impossible but he could get a ban on that ID which i presume he did get it banned for several months back in the day. I told him to get it banned since it was my loved toon and i couldnt see it in someone else's hands. I raided for around 1 year on my alt in Divinity but i always felt sad for my main toon and eventually i left WoW because of tutions and colleges.

I logged in on my DK after 5 years since I am a bit free now and saw that both factions could interact now. Trooy (one of my online friends who still logs in) recognized me instantly, since i told him i raid in both horde and alliance and knew my toon's name, and asked me in wisp "Gidius" and i was happy hearing that name as well as knowing that atleast some1 remembers me 5 years later. Then we had a talk and he told me that my old ID was once more logged in the last year and it kept asking in world "anyone for PvP" and trooy confronted him that it was his friend's ID that guy logged off and never logged in. Trooy told me that I should talk with GM for my old toon and might be able to help me get it back. So i had a bit of conversation with Andriuss who asked me about my username which i remembered and i told him right away. The only problem was i couldnt remember my old gmail account since its 7 years old and i've made hundreds of new IDs within those time for various purposes but I am pretty sure it was something with (atharvam and some random numbers) and Andriuss told me that i should open a topic to seek help.
I understand it was partially my mistake but i would be extremely happy if i can get the positive result. I understand that I shouldn't have done something that shitty and I regretted for a long time even after I was forced out of WoW.
Thank you for your patience.

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Trying to recover scammed and banned ID.

#2 » Post by Axis » 08 Jun 2019 16:56

Greetings,

I appreciate you writing up the background / past history of your account.
However, as you said yourself, you decided to share your account with that person.
I wish I could tell you there's a happy ending to this story but, unfortunately, the rules must be upheld.
kaos_cre8r wrote: So after i farmed SM, the guy asked me to share him my in game ID pass for PvP. At first i thought of not doing it, but then i thought my in game user ID and pass are different than forum ID pass (which i cant remember the old password, although i remember the username) and he was months old friend so I shared him my in game ID pass (which now I think was the biggest mistake made my me).
You are correct. That was your biggest mistake.

Our rules clearly state that we won't be held responsible for any harm that occurs to your account if you decide to share it:
Section 1, rule 3 wrote: 3. Sharing your account with someone else is not recommended and we strongly suggest you to not give out your personal information to anyone. We cannot and will not be held responsible for your actions or any harm caused to your account(s) if your choice goes awry.
Furthermore, the account you wish to recover is currently permabanned for account trading / selling:
Section 2, Rule 7 wrote:
7. Perform or advertise an account trade.

kaos_cre8r wrote: I understand it was partially my mistake but i would be extremely happy if i can get the positive result. I understand that I shouldn't have done something that shitty and I regretted for a long time even after I was forced out of WoW.
I hate to be blunt here, but there is no positive outcome for this situation.
Yes, you shouldn't have done this. The damage is done.

Request denied.
Regards,
TrueWoW Staff.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Heihachi
Developer

Re: Trying to recover scammed and banned ID.

#3 » Post by Heihachi » 08 Jun 2019 17:05

I agree. Our rules are there for a reason and Axis took the words right out of my mouth.