Appealing a ban

Andromelech
Former Staff

Re: Appealing a ban

#16 » Post by Andromelech » 20 Feb 2019 23:12

Let's make a long story short and keep away from writing long boring full A4 texts and raising the dead.
1) You where poaching and covertly advertising .
2) We caught you with the hand in the cookie jar ( not only once).
3) We decided upon your punishment and implemented it .
4) Ban is enforced and stays >...
5) The end .
^^ Pretty self explanatory after 5th point , perma bans should also be set as not open to appeals . ( this is however a discuttion for another topic).

meedsterone993

#17 » Post by meedsterone993 » 20 Feb 2019 23:36

I've said all I have to say.
I'm not gonna repeat myself anymore
Samrah | Human Priest | Shadow / Holy
Medahna | Human Mage | Fire / Fire (cause Fire)
Meedo | Undead Priest | Shadow / Disc
Vahna | Human Priest | Holy / Shadow
Luxandria | Human Paladin | Protection / Retribution

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#18 » Post by Dymond » 21 Feb 2019 00:27

After reading the post, seems like he was advertising in a very discreet manor. Breaking the rules but not actually advertising players to join. As for the GMOD, Guild chat, party chat and raid chat is not public.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

meedsterone993

#19 » Post by meedsterone993 » 21 Feb 2019 13:36

Dymond wrote:
21 Feb 2019 00:27
After reading the post, seems like he was advertising in a very discreet manor. Breaking the rules but not actually advertising players to join. As for the GMOD, Guild chat, party chat and raid chat is not public.
I mean, if talking about it is against the rules, then I won't anymore.

meedsterone993

#20 » Post by meedsterone993 » 21 Feb 2019 17:13

This is actually kind of ungrateful.
A little over 1 year ago, as you can see from my previous thread, I'm the one who reshaped the PvE scene on TW from inexistence to what it is now. From separated groups of people on a low population server to a group able to raid consistently under the name of <Hellraisers>. That was before Virdo was even back, I revived the PvE scene under the guild he then returned to lead. I only left because I wasn't a fan of his leadership. When I come back online on TrueWoW, it's to greet old friends, not to try to recruit anybody to anything. If a am to be condemned about casual conversations in which people catch up with me, then so be it. It' just ungrateful cause I have given this server much much more than to let a group of dedicated haters create this witch-hunt to paint me in a bad light.

Justicelight
Donor

#21 » Post by Justicelight » 21 Feb 2019 17:44

meedsterone993 wrote:
21 Feb 2019 17:13
This is actually kind of ungrateful.
A little over 1 year ago, as you can see from my previous thread, I'm the one who reshaped the PvE scene on TW from inexistence to what it is now. From separated groups of people on a low population server to a group able to raid consistently under the name of <Hellraisers>. That was before Virdo was even back, I revived the PvE scene under the guild he then returned to lead. I only left because I wasn't a fan of his leadership. When I come back online on TrueWoW, it's to greet old friends, not to try to recruit anybody to anything. If a am to be condemned about casual conversations in which people catch up with me, then so be it. It' just ungrateful cause I have given this server much much more than to let a group of dedicated haters create this witch-hunt to paint me in a bad light.
Just tell me how this helps this particular topic. Your involvement was for sure appreciated by certain players, but you can't please everyone, and must also show flexibility, which you have shown, but to a certain point.

Please do not derail from the subject itself which is talking about other servers, your last post doesn't mention anything about the issue we got called here in the first place (as part of TW community).

Presenting out of context good deeds won't change the mind of those you want them to read your posts.

My opinion is, either apologize (to anyone, if you consider that is needed) or simply keep it up with the idea you did nothing wrong.

Either way, Staff is the exec body of the server, this is only for consultation with the community, they will mainly decide what to do.

You got my opinion in my first post. But now if we are to assume that you will not be banned, if you decide to come back and play you have limited choice with the raids unless you start to lead on your own. But again, that would initiate again irritation and be subject to interpretation that you are attempting to steal HR players into your own raids.

So what is really that you seek now, here? For the readers to understand you did nothing wrong, for you to come back to playing, for them to see what good deeds you did on the server, or just don't want to be left in TW history as a player who got banned for what was considered to be advertising another server?

Anyhow, I wish you are ok in real life.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

IronSharona
Former Staff

#22 » Post by IronSharona » 21 Feb 2019 18:21

After review of feedback, both posted publicly here and submit privately to staff, we will be keeping this ban in place as originally enforced. The evidence presented, including a good deal of community opinions, feelings, and experiences, are strongly in favor of keeping these bans in effect at this time. We follow the needs and will of the community as the main driver for why we have rules and enforce those rules to the best of our ability. This includes when issues arise that are not explicitly documented or easy to cite definitive proof for, but have far-reaching affects negatively impacting the server and its community as included under the Section 3 heading stating "We also have the right to punish people due to any offense that is not directly listed in the rules."

In summary, we are backing the community's assertion that repealing this ban would negatively impact our server population, whether those effects are through public or private communications, blatant or discreet, advertising or discussion of other private servers.

Thank you to everyone who contributed their thoughts and experiences to this forum.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)