Can't login

dber

Can't login

#1 » Post by dber » 29 Apr 2018 06:40

I can't login in the game. When trying to login, the game says ¨The information you have entered is not valid, Please check...¨

Some considerations:
1. My realmlist.wtf is correct (as: set realmlist login.truewow.org) and it is in "World of Warcraft Main Folder/Data/enGB/realmlist.wtf"
2. My patch version is 3.3.5a (12340)
3. My account is linked as it appears on this truewow page, and its characters are in the armory.
4. I try to login with my linked account name, not with my email (when trying to login with the e-mail, it says ¨downloading update¨, which I must cancel).
5. I did not login after 3 years without playing

What should I do?
Might it be because of the enGB version? (instead of enUS, I assume other client languages should work on the same version)
I checked previous posts and are related to the first consideration, I checked that out and the file seems to be correct

Ravenseeker
Former Staff

Re: Can't login

#2 » Post by Ravenseeker » 29 Apr 2018 12:29

Are you using the wow.exe to launch the game?.
Using the launcher may cause the game to attempt to grab an update from retail, and in case you have started that process, you may need a fresh 3.3.5a client.

Seveno5
Donor

#3 » Post by Seveno5 » 29 Apr 2018 13:20

Please check your realmlist.wtf again.

I believe the mistake is made there.

It should be set to logon, instead of login. Fully: set realmlist logon.truewow.org

IronSharona
Former Staff

#4 » Post by IronSharona » 29 Apr 2018 15:18

Just to make sure the bases are covered, are you absolutely sure you're entering the correct password? Your forum password and in-game password can be completely different.You can change or reset your in-game password through the Account Manager.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

dber

#5 » Post by dber » 29 Apr 2018 19:33

Solved it!
There were 2 mistakes:

First:
Seveno5 wrote:
29 Apr 2018 13:20
Please check your realmlist.wtf again.

I believe the mistake is made there.

It should be set to logon, instead of login. Fully: set realmlist logon.truewow.org
Second: (after trying several passwords I could get the old one, but just in case that happens again I resetted it to be the forum one)
IronSharona wrote:
29 Apr 2018 15:18
Just to make sure the bases are covered, are you absolutely sure you're entering the correct password? Your forum password and in-game password can be completely different.You can change or reset your in-game password through the Account Manager.
Thank you all :), hope this server never ends.

We should tell the webmaster to change the "Realmlist: login.truewow.org" to "Realmlist: logon.truewow.org" in the right pannel of the main TrueWoW page "https://truewow.org/"

KohiiKaiju

#6 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 29 Apr 2018 20:14

Glad to hear it! Thanks for catching that issue with the homepage.

Locking as resolved.