Vote site not counting votes

Gryph

Vote site not counting votes

#1 » Post by Gryph » 06 Apr 2018 06:23

Hi, If this isn't appropriate thread plz move with my apologies.
I currently play on the primal server and live in NA and I've been trying to do the voting thing twice a day and it worked fine the first few days (coming back after hiatus aka life bs), now when I go to vote there is at least one site that doesn't count my vote that I've made, currently i can't get Top 100 arena to count my vote! a few days ago it was GTop100, so not matter what I try, re logging account, restarting pc, refreshing blah blah I can't reach the 20pt per day goal and it's really starting to piss me off, I can't tell whats causing it so is there any information that can shed some light on why this is happening? I want to promote the site bc I've enjoyed this server over any of the others that I've tried. You guys have worked hard and I want to do my part to say thanks but this voting racket is a pain when it doesn't work as intended. If its me bc I'm in NA then I can accept the gimp but if its the vote site servers or truewow connections to those servers...I suggest a squirrel let loose in a confined space with the offending party so it doesn't happen again.
Thanks for you hard work, reading this post, and I'll have squirrels on standby jic.
Q
"People shouldn't dwell on the past. It's enough to try your best in all that you're doing now."
-Kitou Aya '1Litre of Tears'

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Vote site not counting votes

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 06 Apr 2018 14:23

I moved you over to gen support since I keep better track of how issues are going over here :)

As for your questions-- do you use an IP masker when you vote? Certain sites are able to ignore such maskings and thus hold true to their "you can only vote once every 12 hours" rules. If you continue swapping IPs you should be able to vote three times on an alternate site if GToP100 isn't granting you vote points.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Gryph

#3 » Post by Gryph » 06 Apr 2018 18:53

No I don't use any sort of IP masker, I'm not a pc tech person so have no idea how to, and beside I feel like that goes against the rules of Truewow and being unfair to other players and wouldn't do it even if i knew how. I shouldn't have to swap IP's just to vote, the system and agreement truewow has with these list sites should work the way it is intended to work and if it isn't then someone needs to be looking into what the cause is, why some people max their vote points everyday while others can't. There is something wrong and its only going to hurt truewow in the long run in their standing if nothing is done or explained why, how and what in the forums so players know whats going on. Thanks for the reply and your time, it just isn't the answer i'm looking for.
Thanks,
Q
"People shouldn't dwell on the past. It's enough to try your best in all that you're doing now."

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 06 Apr 2018 21:09

We don't really have control over what happends at the voting sites.
However, it's always a good recommendation to always find TrueWoW in the list to later on click on it to be redirect back here.

That way you can verify that You did all good.
If the votepoints fails and it gets locked, you can blame them.

Anyways, I just tried myself but doing this "banner click" thing at all times, I recieved all expected vote points.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gryph

#5 » Post by Gryph » 08 Apr 2018 05:20

I just finished going through and voting and all seems to be working, though a bit laggy , probably on my end. It just seems weird that sometimes it works and others it doesn't. There's got to be a contract or something bt TW and these private server lists, it is business after all, so a phone call isn't out of the question. maybe its just me, i don't like to just let things lie if something can be done. just my 2cents though.
Edit: I wasn't intending to imply that TW did have any control over what happens with the vote sites btw, I know that some things are just out of your hands when it comes to third party dealings