Fear causing druid to fall through the world

undertow92182

Fear causing druid to fall through the world

#1 » Post by undertow92182 » 23 Feb 2018 11:45

When I am playing my druid and am in either cat or bear form and I get feared I seem to run through the ground, fall through the world, then respawn at the entrance to Hellfire Peninsula. It happened 4 times so it wasn't just a fluke. I used /reload after the second time and it didn't help.

Joh0239

Re: Fear causing druid to fall through the world

#2 » Post by Joh0239 » 23 Feb 2018 12:49

This is not only for druids this is for every fear pathing in the game. This happens a lot in bg's especially if the ground isn't flat.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Dreadnought101

#3 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 23 Feb 2018 23:03

this has been a problem with mage blinks as well (and warrior charge? I dont play one but feel the issue may be related)

Its been a problem for a month now, and archimonde in mt hyjal will be a disaster if this issue isnt fixed soon.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

undertow92182

#4 » Post by undertow92182 » 07 Mar 2018 11:54

Can we get some sort of an update on this? Is anyone else still having this issue?

KohiiKaiju

#5 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 07 Mar 2018 12:11

I'm not sure if Dreadnaught meant something specific, but this has been an issue since...ever. The issue, if I understand it correctly, comes from the terrain. Uneven terrain or places with multiple levels in the z-axis can be problem spots with Charge, Blink, and Fears. Typically it is fairly limited in locations (I remember Nefarian's room in BWL was one) and I haven't noticed an issue with it in most TBC instanced content yet - mostly open world areas. Fixing it would probably require massive work on all ground textures/models/whatever throughout the entirety of Azeroth. If I'm understanding it correctly, then, don't hold your breath. I'm not on the dev team and my coding experience is limited to "Hello World" in Java, so don't take my word as gospel.

I can't remember the last time I fell through terrain, so I have to think the issue is *not* widespread, so if you do fall through in an area, recognize it may be one of these problem spots and either avoid it or do your best to interrupt fears or avoid charging or blinking in that spot.

Joh0239

#6 » Post by Joh0239 » 07 Mar 2018 15:05

I would say before the new core that this problem was almost non-existant so I think this have been done before?

But as kohiikaiju said, this would be insane amount of work to fix everywhere, not really worth it. I would say that this could be done in bg's (maybe arenas if it's an issue, haven't experienced it there though) since it's not really that important anywhere except bg's.

Could be said it's important for some classes in raids aswell, like mages blink away from Blistering cold, and damage overall but it can easily be avoided by just normal running.

Maybe furthers away from the main topic. Dunno if they mean something else than this issue in general. But this is my opinion.
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortex - MM
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

natnat123
Former Staff

#7 » Post by natnat123 » 07 Mar 2018 15:14

this issue has been around since the start of wow private servers. however, on here the issue was pretty rare for a while and at some point about a month, maybe 2 months ago. it got alot worse. mainly for mages blink. anyway, a recent fix has been applied which i have tested on the public test realm before hand and and i never fell through the world during testing. in certain areas, it will still happen. its very hard to fix the issue 100%. but it should be better now. the fix should be on the live realm now

Joh0239

#8 » Post by Joh0239 » 07 Mar 2018 15:32

I would say that the fear/charge pathing is a lot better. It still happens sometimes but it have always done that. Been some time now when I got feared through ground.

But I would still say the blink bug is still there, yesterday the bug appeared in dalaran sewers (duels), Arena (undercity one) bg's (all of them) and sindy platform. There was a server restart today though, so the fix maybe got applied today?
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortex - MM
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Eronox
MVP

#9 » Post by Eronox » 07 Mar 2018 15:40

It's possible we need a new extract of maps, have to go through latest trinitycore updates to check that.
We stopped core merge with them since 2 months ago to put an end to all these incoming bugs, so that's a plus.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

natnat123
Former Staff

#10 » Post by natnat123 » 07 Mar 2018 15:59

I updated my trinitycore last night and the vmaps are acting up again. So probably do need new ones

IronSharona
Former Staff

#11 » Post by IronSharona » 25 Mar 2018 15:44

No updates have been added in over a week and it does appear than any issues mentioned are server-side and will need to be fixed by admins. Going to tentatively label as resolved.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)