Is RDF queue bugged?

ewriick

Is RDF queue bugged?

#1 » Post by ewriick » 05 Feb 2018 15:22

Almost everyday, people in /world say that rhc/rdf queue is bugged, and they make premade instead. I would like to hear from the staff if this is true since I personally don't think it is.

They conclude that it is bugged when someone says healer is missing and another says tank is missing (or similar). I blame this on low refresh rate or people not requeueing when queue is reset. This isn't a huge problem, during low pop times a group queuing can be incompatible with solo players, though, increasing waiting time.

Regent
Tester

Re: Is RDF queue bugged?

#2 » Post by Regent » 05 Feb 2018 17:02

https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=6821
It's been reported since the 27th of November, 2017 (though it's been bugged longer than that).

You're supposed to be able to do RHC an unlimited amount of times.
However, due to the bug in the report above, it's limiting players to 16 runs max in day, per character.

After doing some runs, people end up with IDs from 5 man heroics.
Those IDs are either supposed to be ignored by the RDF system when you queue
OR you're not supposed to get an ID at all from 5 man heroics when doing them through RDF.
(Either solution works since it results in the same outcome of unlimited RHCs).
It used to work fine on the old core (with the ID ignore solution) but the new core took that away.

Example 1:
You queue for RHC -> FOS heroic pops -> You kill 1 boss in FOS hc -> You now have an ID -> You go on and finish FOS hc.
You queue again -> FOS heroic won't pop now because you have an ID.
This means you only have 15 other possible dungeon choices that can pop up.
This also means that someone who doesn't have a FOS hc ID won't be in the same queue as you unless you both don't have an ID for ANOTHER dungeon.
What is SUPPOSED to happen is that the system shouldn't give you an ID at all or the ID you have should get ignored so FOS has a chance of popping up again.

Example 2:
I queue for RHC as a healer (and I'm the only healer in queue). I have an ID for EVERYTHING except Culling of Stratholme. The other 4 guys in queue have no IDs at all and the 5 of us are the only ones in queue.
Guess what dungeon will pop up? COS.
And what'll keep popping up despite kicking and re-queuing afterward? That's right - COS.
Unless another healer with no ids (or less IDs than me) queues, this will be the situation.

I was crazy enough to try and test this myself by purposely locking myself out for everything.
The result was as expected. After I had 16 IDs (since 16 dungeons), I couldn't queue for RHC at all. Nada. Zip. Period.
My only choice was to relog to another character to be able to continue queuing.

This issue is causing the queue to be split among different people with different IDs and thus, it's influencing how the system is handling dungeon queues. Priority ends up going to people with the least amount of IDs.
And another minor bug that I saw lately was that people are not being returned to the front of the queue when someone doesn't accept (due to being AFK) or declines the queue invite when it pops up.
So someone who queues after you can actually end up getting into RHC before you if they just leave queue and re-queue (even if you both have no IDs + no hourly reset was involved) but you're sitting there after being returned to the queue due to someone declining. Seen it happen several dozen times now.

I said this here too: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38847#p419856 but my words fell on deaf ears and nothing was done about it (nor the report).

Regards.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Is RDF queue bugged?

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 25 Mar 2018 15:47

Bugtracker has activity on this issue and it is being looked into by a developer. Hopefully a resolution will come soon for the bug itself, but the purpose of this support thread has been achieved. We're working on it! Thank you for the report and information. As this it more of an in-game bug report than a player issue, there have been no updates in 7 days, and it's being looked into: I'm moving this to resolved
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)