Transfer Issues

Nymesis
Donor

Transfer Issues

#1 » Post by Nymesis » 22 Jan 2018 21:48

What is going on with transfer requests? Prior to placing the transfer request for my old DK, I spoke with GM's in game and was advised I had to delete the DK I had made and been working on here. Once I cleared her inventory and deleted her (as instructed), I put in the transfer request a few weeks ago and it was rejected. I was told it looked like I already requested 3 full character copy transfers - I haven't, I had one transfer request and it wasn't a full copy. Multiple people play from my home and you needed proof we were separate people. Now that we have proven we are different people, you rejected my request again and I don't understand why or what is going on. My brother transferred his main 2 characters a couple of months ago, he received full copies. I transferred my hunter over a year ago, but did not receive a full copy of her at all, I got a level 80 hunter with some PVP startup gear and lost everything my old hunter had. That was very disheartening for me when it happened, but at the time I thought I had just misunderstood what your system meant by "Full Character Copy" - I was new to your server and wanted away from the bad things happening on my old server, so I just went about trying to rebuild. A year and a half later I am still trying to rebuild and my hunter on this server is still not caught up to my old hunter. On top of this, you guys are giving me some serious headaches trying to get my old DK moved, I've lost my new DK, and I can't get a straight answer on if anything could be done about my hunter(s). I am getting very frustrated. Whats going on here?
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Eronox
MVP

Re: Transfer Issues

#2 » Post by Eronox » 22 Jan 2018 22:17

Sorry for having you troubled.

Please let us know which game masters you took conversation with as they will most likely have the best response.
If your transfer request is not handled within 72 hours then you are safe to resubmit it.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nymesis
Donor

#3 » Post by Nymesis » 23 Jan 2018 02:11

Yesterday I was working with IronSharona. I don't remember who it was I talked to last month. The rejection notice I received earlier today doesn't have a name on it, it just says "Transfer System"
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 23 Jan 2018 12:47

The transfer system went under maintenance mode for a update regarding it all,
this is why your PM is signed under a non-human profile.

IronSharona will surely come to support you through this thread as soon as possible.
Apologizes for the inconviences, Nymesis.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 23 Jan 2018 14:33

Yes, we have just recently updated the transfer system. Along with the new transfer system will come some new rules, however, and it seems the timing of the swap was made too quickly to allow us to publish those rules before some older pending transfers were processed using them, without prior warning. I hope to get those new rules and some general info about changes player may notice from our new system up soon but I am away on business and on a bit of a delay as a result.

It was not I who rejected your application. In fact I tried to run it immediately but I was receiving a very non-specific error from the old transfer system. I requested the transfer be ported to the new system first to see if the error would be resolved but as I had gone to sleep before that was complete, I wasn't able to reserve your request to ensure others knew I was working on it, so it was handled improperly entirely by accident.

We've had much debate over the Hunter issue but it seems that we would be willing to allow this exchange (we would need to remove the original Hunter) as a way of compensating new allowances in Wrath realm transfers. Doing so will, however, use up all remaining transfers for your account. But the choice is yours! I have not yet played with the new transfer system enough to know if there is a way to request a specific GM process it, but if there is feel free to add my name and I know what to do for your account. If you can't find a way, feel free to ask Nuko, our developer of the mighty fine new system, and he might have a trick up his sleeve for you to use.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Nymesis
Donor

#6 » Post by Nymesis » 24 Jan 2018 20:54

So if I understand correctly, you are telling me I have the choice of either having my hunter fixed, or getting my DK transferred, but not both?

I'm not sure I agree thats fair, considering I placed the original request for my DK's transfer nearly a month ago, long before your 'changes' were made, and even the 2nd request was also made before your changes, which hadn't been announced yet either. My hunters original transfer was also requested under these same old rules, I simply didn't know it was mishandled when it happened. I'm hoping this isn't the case, but I feel singled out here. I realize it took us some time to sort out the account issues, but my brother is a workaholic and isn't able to be online very much, while I myself suffer from a disability that often keeps from being online as well. I don't feel I should be penalized for things which are beyond my control.

At any rate, I await your decision and further instructions.

Nuko
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Nuko » 25 Jan 2018 00:25

Hi Nymesis,

I think I can tell you what happened. I remember IronSharona confirming with you that you had multiple people on the same IP address, just before we launched the new system. Unfortunately this information never got entered into the new system and another staff member came along and rejected your request, not knowing the context.

This is largely my fault as I forgot to make sure your request was assigned to IronSharona. Please accept my apologies for this.

I shall re-open your DK request and assign it to IronSharona so that she can do what she knows she has to do when she gets back.

As for your hunter, from looking at our records you received a template character (ie not a 1:1 copy) for your hunter back in March 2016. This is in-line with what the rules were at the time, which stated that we would not perform 1:1 copies from servers with custom content. That is to say, you received the correct character.

IronSharona has made an exception for you saying that she is willing to re-do that transfer as a 1:1 (as we do now accept 1:1 transfers from wow-mania), but in exchange you'd have to forfeit your ability to request any more transfers and delete the hunter you currently have.

I hope this clears things up for you.
Nuko - In the event of malfunction, please insert tea.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Nymesis
Donor

#8 » Post by Nymesis » 25 Jan 2018 02:28

I see - I appreciate you taking the time to look into it and give me a better explanation for your reasons. I am not aware of any custom content on my old server, other than they can fly in Azeroth, but ok - I also quit playing there once I moved here.

If thats the ruling then thats the ruling - my new hunter is still behind my old, but it would take more work to rebuild a new DK at this point than to keep going with the hunter I have been working on here, so please continue with the transfer for my DK.

Again - thanks for your help.

Nymesis
Donor

#9 » Post by Nymesis » 30 Jan 2018 00:35

Hi its me again. I don't know if IronSharona just hasn't been available or if the transfer is stuck in limbo somewhere or what, but... Its been several days and the transfer is still sitting in the system. I'd really like it taken care of so I can safely remove the old files and be done with the old server, and you know - play my DK here :)

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 03 Feb 2018 01:54

Is this solved?

- J.R Cash

Nuko
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Nuko » 04 Feb 2018 01:47

Yes IronSharona is rather tied up right now. Your request is just sitting there assigned to her. I'll take it over and get it done now instead then.
Nuko - In the event of malfunction, please insert tea.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Nymesis
Donor

#12 » Post by Nymesis » 04 Feb 2018 09:59

Thank you very much for taking care of the transfer, I really appreciate it.

I seem to be having a little trouble finishing setting up her name and race tho. Its set to only allow horde choices, which is fine, but it won't allow me to pick orc. It keeps saying I must select a different race from my faction. Orc is best for a DK, so I'd prefer she remained one. I haven't tried selecting a different race to see if it'll go thru or not, but if it does I'd then be stuck with that. What should I do please?

Eronox
MVP

#13 » Post by Eronox » 04 Feb 2018 11:06

Try relog / change your hair style back and fourth.
We can make you Alliance if you wish aswell.

- J.R Cash

Nymesis
Donor

#14 » Post by Nymesis » 04 Feb 2018 11:35

I did try that, also tried switching races around then back to orc.

Is it ok if I just pick another race and you guys could enable a race change again afterwards? As is it keeps insisting I must pick a new race and cannot remain Orc.

Eronox
MVP

#15 » Post by Eronox » 04 Feb 2018 14:35

That's doable yes. Open a ticket afterwards.

- J.R Cash