Transfer Issues

Nymesis
Donor

Re: Transfer Issues

#16 » Post by Nymesis » 04 Feb 2018 19:45

It apparently won't let me choose anything.

On Blood Elf it says: Could not change race for character.
For Troll, Undead, Tauren or Orc it says: You must choose a new race from your current faction.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

KohiiKaiju

#17 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 04 Feb 2018 22:54

Open a ticket in game and, in it, please specify which race/gender and name you are trying to pick.

Eronox
MVP

#18 » Post by Eronox » 04 Feb 2018 23:21

Looks like it's a transfer issue, a mystical ghost name issue, the character cannot be found yet is there.
I told Nymesis to contact Nuko about it since it was his transfer approval.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nymesis
Donor

#19 » Post by Nymesis » 07 Feb 2018 01:02

I wanted to get a follow up posted here.

KohiKaiju fixed the name/race issue, so thats taken care of. But I am currently experiencing several other issues.

There is a problem with some missing items I tried to mail to another character. Initially there were 22 items lost, but most of them were already found and returned by Kohi - however, there are still 4 things missing:

20x Indestructible Potions
16x Runic Healing Potions
1x Drums of Forgotten Kings
1x X-51 Nether-Rocket

I can take a screenshot of my old deathknight to confirm I had them, or do a screenshare thru skype with one of you if that would help in their recovery. I returned everything else I had mailed and reorganized my bags exactly as they were, with the exception of a few items that got used up before I realized anything else had gone missing. Mostly I'm concerned about the missing rocket mount, it was intended to be a gift for my niece here when she gets to Outlands.

I am also missing the tradeskill ability buttons in my spell book for both Blacksmithing and Cooking, and the Runeforging button is there, but doesn't work. First Aid opens, but the recipe list is missing all training past heavy runecloth level. Smelting is missing everything. If I talk to the cooking or blacksmithing trainers, it looks like I am missing all the recipe training for both of them (its all activated in green for purchase tho), and they also offer the basic Apprenticeship skill. I considered getting the apprenticeship to see if that would get me the ability buttons, but am concerned it may reset the skills back to zero.

The riding trainer lists me as missing "Expert Riding" 150 level, even tho my skill level is at 300, and I am now also missing Cold Weather Flying.

I am missing the Northrend flightpaths - Outlands and vanilla areas seem to all be there tho.

Last issue I've noticed so far is that I am color-coded as a warrior in chats, instead of a deathknight.

I do have a ticket open in game for some of these issues, mainly the missing items. Kohi mentioned earlier in the ticket process that some issues might be resolved once the Tuesday server reset was done, but I am assuming thats already passed since its now Wednesday realm time and all these issues are still present.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Nymesis
Donor

#20 » Post by Nymesis » 07 Feb 2018 23:10

I've been informed you were able to confirm the X-51 Nether-Rocket, which is great! But the one sent to my mail is a Bind on Pickup version I was not even aware existed - but if I'd had a BoP one it wouldn't have been lost in the mail to begin with since it couldn't have been mailed anywhere lol. My deathknight has had the mount on her Pet/Mount list for some time - the Bind on Equip/Use one I brought with me is the type I need returned to me please.

The chat problem has cleared up, I now show up in red as a Deathknight should, instead of Warrior brown.

Also my Runeforging ability is working now, but I still don't have a Blacksmithing or Cooking button. and the other issues I listed in my previous post still remain.

Nymesis
Donor

#21 » Post by Nymesis » 09 Feb 2018 03:29

So the correct Rocket has been returned to me (thank you Kohii) - but I am still missing:

20x Indestructible Potions (transferred with 60 total)
16x Runic Healing Potions (transferred with 76 total)
1x Drums of Forgotten Kings

My Cooking and Blacksmithing tradeskills are still bugged and non-functional as I do not have the activation spell/button to open them with, plus both seem to be missing all recipes (can't be certain since I can't open them, but trainers show full list available for purchase). First Aid is still missing Northrend/Outlands bandages.

Still missing Northrend Flightpaths.

Still missing Cold Weather Flight and Expert level riding skill.

An update on whats going on with this would be appreciated since Kohii told me to stop making tickets in game.
Last edited by Nymesis on 11 Feb 2018 03:06, edited 2 times in total.

Nymesis
Donor

#22 » Post by Nymesis » 11 Feb 2018 02:58

Well guess I'm making another ticket after all. If some of this stuff is just the way its sposed to be, then please let me know - like the missing northrend flight paths. I feel reasonably certain I shouldn't be missing my tradeskill buttons though, items, or my flight training.

KohiiKaiju

#23 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 11 Feb 2018 18:17

No one told you to not make tickets. Answering the same question twice in two places just isn't the most enjoyable. We'd appreciate it if you did one or the other. Check your PMs, I've answered some of your questions there.

Nuko
Former Staff

#24 » Post by Nuko » 13 Feb 2018 02:38

This is really odd. A few people have reported the same error message for the race change, yet whenever I try out the same transfer to my account, it doesn't happen (including your character).

Anyway, name/race changes are handled by the server core not the transfer system. All it does is flag your character for a race change at next login.

Flight paths are NOT transferred and never have been. As for professions, only the skill rank is transferred nothing else, also how it's always been. That is to say you'll need to re-visit your profession trainer and re-learn recipes/skills.

To quote our information:
Nuko wrote: For copy transfers we transfer:

Items: equipped, in bags and in bank
Gold, Gems and Glyphs
Reputations, (most) Achievements and Quests
Weapon and profession skill values

Anything that is not explicitly mentioned here won't be transferred and won't be compensated for. Some items may be substituted or removed.
Nuko - In the event of malfunction, please insert tea.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Nymesis
Donor

#25 » Post by Nymesis » 13 Feb 2018 09:37

Thanx for clearing some of that up for me Nuko - I haven't been able to find the page with transfer info on it since about the time another GM informed me the rules had been changed recently - so I had no idea what to expect or how things should be now. I had refrained from repurchasing the skills because I was afraid my skill levels would get wiped back to zero, however, I have repurchased them and they seems to be in working order now. I've been avoiding doing anything with the DK since the transfer because I didn't want to cause even more issues with getting the problems I'd already encountered fixed.

It was mentioned that I should have received some extra gold for training, and I recall getting a fund in the mail on my hunter with her transfer over a year ago - however, I did not receive this with the DK. Is this an error or just how it is now?

I'm sorry if it is irritating for you guys to have an issue reported in 2 places - its not been my intent to make things difficult for you - but there is a serious limit to what can be posted in the in-game help tickets and there were far too many issues to fit into 1 ticket. I included in my tickets multiple times the names of my alternate characters for contact - if I'd been contacted just once in person, perhaps a great deal of this could have been resolved far earlier in this process without the need for so many tickets in game and/or this thread. And perhaps minus the aspersions on my personal character as well.

At any rate I do appreciate the help I've gotten in getting the DK transferred and functional - even if she isn't working at 100% yet.

Nymesis
Donor

#26 » Post by Nymesis » 18 Feb 2018 07:33

Hi.

So I'm still having problems with my deathknight.

I still can't reliably send mail to other characters with her - sometimes they go thru, sometimes they don't and just appear back in her bags like I never sent them. I haven't lost anything to the nethery void yet this week, but I'm afraid to keep trying because I don't want that to happen again either - especially since I didn't get everything returned that disappeared the last time it happened. She does seem to receive mail fine, though I haven't sent her much yet as I'm worried things might just disappear from her bags if I collect it.

I can't access the gem slot on her bracers, it just won't open - her other items gem slots are accessible, but I haven't actually tried replacing the gems yet due to the mail issues - I don't want to lose the raw gems trying to mail them to my JC to have them cut. The gem slot on her bracer is from the blacksmithing "Socket Bracer" skill and maybe that has something to do with whats causing the bug - once I can actually get her some new gems, I may try just redoing the socket and see if that fixes the issue, if its not resolved by then.

I've also discovered she has lost all but one of her keys from her keyring bag - she had a lot of skeleton keys, every kind - now all she has is the violet hold key.

I still haven't heard anything on whether or not she should have received some gold for retraining expenses, I'd appreciate a reply on that one since that gets very pricey, very fast - and I've already paid for it twice before, and now again makes a 3rd time - thats a heck of a lot of gold :)

I played her for a few hours a couple days ago and ran around Northrend recollecting some flightpaths, mining some ore, and tracking down elders - she is now missing most the flightpaths and elders I took her to (though my flightpath addon remembers her being there), along with most of the ore she collected. She does seem to have retained the rep quests I worked on in Dragonblight and I believe the Love is in the Air quest chain is also where I left off on it.

All of this results in my being quite leery of trying to play her for the time being. When half of what I do gets undone, and with things being so bugged on her, it makes it seem not worthwhile. I have injuries to both arms, playing is literally painful the entire time I am on, and gets worse the longer I stay on - it really limits how much I can do. Which means I don't generally like to focus my time doing things that result in wasted efforts - it does not mean that I don't want to play her. But I do like to feel I'm actually accomplishing something when I'm on. I'm not telling you this for sympathy, but to explain my reasons for not being on her much. I do like my DK and I want to work on her - I have every intent of playing her frequently once things are working properly on her.

KohiiKaiju

#27 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 18 Feb 2018 15:48

Nymesis wrote:
18 Feb 2018 07:33
Hi.

So I'm still having problems with my deathknight.

I still can't reliably send mail to other characters with her - sometimes they go thru, sometimes they don't and just appear back in her bags like I never sent them. I haven't lost anything to the nethery void yet this week, but I'm afraid to keep trying because I don't want that to happen again either - especially since I didn't get everything returned that disappeared the last time it happened. She does seem to receive mail fine, though I haven't sent her much yet as I'm worried things might just disappear from her bags if I collect it.

I can't access the gem slot on her bracers, it just won't open - her other items gem slots are accessible, but I haven't actually tried replacing the gems yet due to the mail issues - I don't want to lose the raw gems trying to mail them to my JC to have them cut. The gem slot on her bracer is from the blacksmithing "Socket Bracer" skill and maybe that has something to do with whats causing the bug - once I can actually get her some new gems, I may try just redoing the socket and see if that fixes the issue, if its not resolved by then.

I've also discovered she has lost all but one of her keys from her keyring bag - she had a lot of skeleton keys, every kind - now all she has is the violet hold key.

I still haven't heard anything on whether or not she should have received some gold for retraining expenses, I'd appreciate a reply on that one since that gets very pricey, very fast - and I've already paid for it twice before, and now again makes a 3rd time - thats a heck of a lot of gold :)

I played her for a few hours a couple days ago and ran around Northrend recollecting some flightpaths, mining some ore, and tracking down elders - she is now missing most the flightpaths and elders I took her to (though my flightpath addon remembers her being there), along with most of the ore she collected. She does seem to have retained the rep quests I worked on in Dragonblight and I believe the Love is in the Air quest chain is also where I left off on it.

All of this results in my being quite leery of trying to play her for the time being. When half of what I do gets undone, and with things being so bugged on her, it makes it seem not worthwhile. I have injuries to both arms, playing is literally painful the entire time I am on, and gets worse the longer I stay on - it really limits how much I can do. Which means I don't generally like to focus my time doing things that result in wasted efforts - it does not mean that I don't want to play her. But I do like to feel I'm actually accomplishing something when I'm on. I'm not telling you this for sympathy, but to explain my reasons for not being on her much. I do like my DK and I want to work on her - I have every intent of playing her frequently once things are working properly on her.
Check your PMs.

Nymesis
Donor

#28 » Post by Nymesis » 20 Feb 2018 02:55

I've renamed her - do we need to wait for a server reset/reboot before proceeding with naming her back?

Nymesis
Donor

#29 » Post by Nymesis » 25 Feb 2018 19:37

The name change and the change back to Nymesis have gone thru and so far I've not experienced any further issues like before. I am going to have to put a hold on the project for the next couple of weeks tho, as I won't be able to get online and keep testing things for probably at least that long. I'm having surgery in the morning on my dominant arm and shoulder to try to repair some of the damage to my right arm - hopefully it will be working better afterwards than it is now. They weren't able to give me a solid idea of what the recovery time will be, so I could only be gone a few days or it could be a month before I can really play again. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this so you all are not thinking my disappearance means I've dropped the project - I'll be back! :D

And please relay my thanks to the Coffee Monster for all the work in getting my DK functional.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#30 » Post by IronSharona » 25 Mar 2018 15:41

It's been a month now. Are there still more updates you wish to work through here, Nymesis? I can see you haven't been active in the last month but I'll keep this open for at least another week before moving to resolved. We can always reopen it if necessary later.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)