Family PvP issue.

Xetheron

Family PvP issue.

#1 » Post by Xetheron » 07 Jan 2018 03:48

So my sister, her husband, my two boys and myself were doing some low level pvp in the Warsong Gulch. After a couple of games my youngest son and brother and law were summoned by a GM and told they were breaking a rule somehow. Oddly enough the two that were summoned were not even playing in the same location. To my knowledge multiple people playing on the same IP is allowed. I assumed that multiboxing is not allowed, but that was not what was happening here. To be clear my two sons and I were on one IP, and my sister and her husband were on another.

Do we need to ask to play on the same IP and if so, how does that work if I have a dynamic IP from my provider?

We want to follow whatever rules there are, but I see no reason why some family members should be unable to play together at the same location. Any help or clarification would be great!

Thank you for your time.

KohiiKaiju

Re: Family PvP issue.

#2 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 07 Jan 2018 04:07

There are, of course, no rules about families playing together.

However, when I saw you queuing with multiple characters for battle grounds I made several comments in world chat, to which no one replied. I bounced around all four characters and none were moving that I could see. When you all entered Warsong Gulch, I again checked and saw one side's players moving while the other side was standing still.

While you certainly feel like you were doing nothing wrong, you unfortunately looked *exaclty* like players which are abusing multiple accounts to pop PVP queues. I'm sorry if I read this incorrectly, but perhaps in the future you can recognize this and respond so that we don't incorrectly punish you.

As all I did was add a deserter queue to your players, you do not have to worry about any censures on your accounts. If you would like to PVP and the deserter debuffs have not disappeared, you may submit a ticket and we will remove it. However, I will reiterate that if I see multiple players from the same IP queuing and half of those apparently AFK in the BG, I will likely come to the same conclusion.

I hope in the future we can both work to avoid any misunderstandings.

Andromelech
Former Staff

Re: Family PvP issue.

#3 » Post by Andromelech » 12 Jan 2018 09:40

Issue was adressed.
Locking and moving.