Transfer Request from Retail Problem (x2)

lawdemon

Transfer Request from Retail Problem (x2)

#1 » Post by lawdemon » 11 Nov 2017 00:12

Hey Ironsharona,

I tried to transfer a toon from my retail account (Harrypawter) and my brother tried to transfer a character from his retail account (Xaariandes). I think I sent you the correct links, but it's been a few days and nothing.

I'm only writing because I just saw a world announcement that says all pending character transfers have been processed. Obviously we did something wrong, because neither character has transferred.

Can you please tell me what we're doing wrong so I can fix it?

Thanks!

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Transfer Request from Retail Problem (x2)

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 11 Nov 2017 00:29

A few things can cause form submission to fail.

1) If you don't have a registered game account. I see that's not the case for you though.
2) If you have either overfilled or underfilled a field (if you have an extremely long image URL, or forget to fill out a value in every single box)
3) If you forget to check the "Accept Terms" box
4) Website error. Nothing you can do about this one other than resubmit again.

Hopefully you can confirm each of these things and resubmit.
Feel free to resubmit now (if possible) and I can let you know if I get the application!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

lawdemon

#3 » Post by lawdemon » 11 Nov 2017 00:40

I'll work on them now, should take 5 to 10 minutes

lawdemon

#4 » Post by lawdemon » 11 Nov 2017 01:02

Apparently it ate my last post. I've just resubmitted both requests. Am I supposed to get a white screen when I submit the transfer and then click YES?

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 11 Nov 2017 01:05

You should get a page that gives you a confirmation your submission was successful. I'm not sure about the white yes part. I know that your application has not yet come in, though.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

lawdemon

#6 » Post by lawdemon » 11 Nov 2017 01:11

It asks me if I am sure I want to submit, and that I won't be able to edit my submission once sent. I click on YES and all I get is a white screen. I never get a confirmation. I'll try again, but this is my 4th time.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#7 » Post by IronSharona » 11 Nov 2017 01:34

If all you see after is a white screen it's definitely failing to submit... I'm not sure what else to ask you to check at that point other than trying to use an alternate web browser? We've received other submissions from players in the last three or so hours so I don't think it's a universal failure in the system. I can see in your account history you requested some transfers a couple of months back, but anything recently has been unsuccessful.

lawdemon

#8 » Post by lawdemon » 12 Nov 2017 05:56

I used Firefox instead of chrome, and I got a submission confirmed screen I've never seen before. Hopefully you have them now. I'll wait and see if this one got through.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#9 » Post by IronSharona » 12 Nov 2017 15:39

Yes! I see you pending now!
Sorry that was so much work and frustration for you.

I'll be running all transfers very soon but we've got quite a few in queue so it could take an hour or two. You'll get a forum PM once I've reviewed it and when the entire queue is clear I'll make an in game announcement for anyone playing and not checking forums.