Can't Patch

dragora

Can't Patch

#1 » Post by dragora » 17 Oct 2017 12:06

Hi all. I'm not 100% sure if this has been asked, I did a search but didn't find anything as of yet. So I haven't played in a while, perhaps a few months. I can't log in now as it says a patch is required & tries to download it but then just gives me "Patch Required. Press the restart button below to exit World of Warcraft and download the patch." And then back at the login page just tells me it's failed to apply the patch.

I can't find the patch anywhere, so I thought I'd try to re-download it but the links to the torrents aren't working & I'm having a heck of a time trying to download the zip file.

Have I missed something obvious, is there a way to get around this or am I just being a bit of a thicko? :roll:

Eronox
MVP

Re: Can't Patch

#2 » Post by Eronox » 17 Oct 2017 12:11

If you have the correct client, 3.3.5a (12340), be sure to use wow.exe and login with the username. Not email.
You can see your current game version at bottom left with either client opened.

If you indeed would have an older, or newer, client then you can download the required one from the link below.
https://truewow.org/download

Torrent? Use Magnet, direct is currently broken.
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=9898&start=315#p410560

Sincerely.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

dragora

#3 » Post by dragora » 17 Oct 2017 12:23

Eronox wrote:
17 Oct 2017 12:11
If you have the correct client, 3.3.5a (12340), be sure to use wow.exe and login with the username. Not email.
You can see your current game version at bottom left with either client opened.

If you indeed would have an older, or newer, client then you can download the required one from the link below.
https://truewow.org/download

Torrent? Use Magnet, direct is currently broken.
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=9898&start=315#p410560

Sincerely.

OMG I really am a thicko! :? I had tried logging in with my username, obviously mistyped the password, then just assumed it was the whole email address... which is why it wasn't working.

Thank you so much for the helpful & speedy response!

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 17 Oct 2017 12:24

It's common, the client tries to lure us all into the darkness. :o

Stay true,
Sincerely.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash