Banned Account / Email Reset problem

jetshack2

Banned Account / Email Reset problem

#1 » Post by jetshack2 » 27 Sep 2017 00:21

I think this is the right place to post this.

I went to login today and received notice that my account has been banned.

I don't think I've done anything untoward. I play maybe a couple of hours a week. My 5 year old plays more than I do. He likes to run around on a hunter, jump a whole bunch, and fly places. He wouldn't respond if he was talked to... he can't read (much).

So I went to login here but couldn't remember my password. So I tried to have it reset. I had the reset sent twice. The message never showed up in my mailbox. I checked the spam folders and everywhere else as well but never received a message from truewow or primalwow.

So I created another account here to post this.

Can I have my account unbanned? Was there a specific reason it was banned? If it's something my little boy is doing I'll let him know not to do whatever it is. I just have no idea what it could be.

this is being posted under jetshack2 but the account in question is just jetshack.

Thanks

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Banned Account / Email Reset problem

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 27 Sep 2017 01:02

Fear not, it seems this is only an IP ban because of a number of failed login attempts to the game account! These bans typically only last 15 minutes or so, so you should already be able to log in game again if you know the password.

To reset the forum account password, be sure you're using this link. And try using the system one more time. It's very rare, but I have seen situations where the email failed the first two times out of three.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

jetshack2

Re: Banned Account / Email Reset problem

#3 » Post by jetshack2 » 27 Sep 2017 01:16

Right on. Thanks.

So after taking to my little boy he said he might have tried to login before asking me to.

So no "trolls" for him today.