character transfer questions

warcraftpriest

character transfer questions

#1 » Post by warcraftpriest » 16 Aug 2017 19:47

Dear Primal Wow,

I have a few questions regarding the Predefined Template Character Transfer transfer rules for Primal WoW. The reason I am asking is because I want to make sure that I am understanding these rules.
  • I would like to know if character transfers can be made from retail to Primal WoW? Yes or No?
According to the information for the Predefined Template Character Transfer https://truewow.org/transfer it says and I quote,
  • Character must be at minimum level 60 from non-retail sources. Minimum level is 90 if it is from retail.
Has this rule changed?
  • Anything that is not mentioned will NOT be transferred or compensated
Can you please elaborate on what this means?
  • You will be able to customize your character's appearance, race, gender, and name on first login.
Will this still be an option?

According to your retail transfer rules (viewtopic.php?f=92&t=34343) , that information was last updated on March 2016 and again on December 2016. Has any of that information changed?

Before I consider asking for a transfer, I want to make sure that I have properly completed it.

Thank you for your time

Xenitron

Re: character transfer questions

#2 » Post by Xenitron » 16 Aug 2017 20:39

Transfer rules are pretty clear, everything that it states will be done.If you have any issues you can ask GM who handles transfer for more info or compensation of lost items.

You can transfer from retail.
After your first login you will see special button next to you character so you can customize your character appearance
--basically it will look like you are creating your character for first time.However there are some restrictions.I don't know if you can change faction or just race within same faction of your original character.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 16 Aug 2017 21:15

You can transfer from retail to primal if you have a level 90 or greater character (higher required for hero classes).

Not compensated from retail includes things such as items in bags, exact gear, money amount, acquired pets and mounts, etc.

Yes, you can fully customize your character. Occasionally this does not work but if you submit a ticket within 48 hours of your issue we can work on getting you customized the way you want.

Current transfer rules are definitely more recent than Dec 2016. I would guess they are circa June 2017. Some requirements are unwritten to ensure abuse of the system is avoided, but we will inform you via PM if you do not meet a requirement for transfer.

Edit: Also worthy of note- all transfers to our realms are creating new characters or copies of old characters. We do not move, delete, or alter your original character on your originating server. There is no real risk in applying for a transfer because you will not lose anything. Worst case scenario you are rejected for failing a qualification in which case you can reapply when you have corrected the error.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Nevermind

#4 » Post by Nevermind » 17 Aug 2017 05:11

Is it possible to transfer a char from live if you have let your subscription expire?

warcraftpriest

#5 » Post by warcraftpriest » 17 Aug 2017 05:56

Thank you for the explanation Game Master IronSharona. Your feedback is extremely helpful. Once I have everything in order, I will apply for a character transfer. ^_^

warcraftpriest

#6 » Post by warcraftpriest » 17 Aug 2017 05:58

Nevermind wrote:
17 Aug 2017 05:11
Is it possible to transfer a char from live if you have let your subscription expire?
According to the info here viewtopic.php?f=92&t=34343#p400486 Nyeriah says,
NOTE: RETAIL NO LONGER REQUIRES YOU ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTIONS IN ORDER TO LOGIN TO THE GAME.

YOU CAN LOG TO YOUR CHARACTER SCREEN WITHOUT AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION, AND THAT'S THE ONLY THING REQUIRED FOR THE SCREENSHOTS!!!

Nevermind

#7 » Post by Nevermind » 17 Aug 2017 06:51

warcraftpriest wrote:
17 Aug 2017 05:58
Nevermind wrote:
17 Aug 2017 05:11
According to the info here viewtopic.php?f=92&t=34343#p400486 Nyeriah says,
NOTE: RETAIL NO LONGER REQUIRES YOU ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTIONS IN ORDER TO LOGIN TO THE GAME.

YOU CAN LOG TO YOUR CHARACTER SCREEN WITHOUT AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION, AND THAT'S THE ONLY THING REQUIRED FOR THE SCREENSHOTS!!!
Thanks, I didn't know I could still log in without sub. Been a while.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#8 » Post by IronSharona » 17 Aug 2017 13:11

warcraftpriest wrote:
17 Aug 2017 05:56
Thank you for the explanation Game Master IronSharona. Your feedback is extremely helpful. Once I have everything in order, I will apply for a character transfer. ^_^
Any time!

And to confirm, you do need the retail client to log in to the character selection screen of retail but this does not require an active subscription.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)