HELP with conntection

blockitall

HELP with conntection

#1 » Post by blockitall » 16 Jun 2017 19:50

Hello all,

I have been able to login and play quite happily up until today.

I keep hanging on connected before the character screen.

I have tried deleting my wtf and cache folders and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Eronox
MVP

Re: HELP with conntection

#2 » Post by Eronox » 16 Jun 2017 23:16

Blockitall,

to begin with please do verify that you have everything properly configured as following:

Verify to have the correct client version.
The client has to be Wrath of the LichKing 3.3.5a (12340), you can verify this by the login screens bottom left. All our realms are running at this client.

Ensure to have the correct realmlist set.
See "realmlist.wtf" in ../Data/EnUS/Realmlist.wtf or ../Data/EnGB/Realmlist.wtf. The realmlist should be as following:

Code: Select all

set realmlist login.truewow.org

See if you get server replys.
Please click the windows-symbol on your keyboard, or bottom left of taskbar (Start), and find "Run". Once there, enter "CMD" and hit enter. This should open a command prompt for you. There within, execute the following command and paste us the results:

Code: Select all

ping login.truewow.org

"Timed Out" responses?
if this would be the results of aboves doing, please disable any AntiVirus and Firewall enabled --> Restart Computer --> Try to login again. If this would be the solution, we recommend you to not do the act of stop using the antivirus or Firewall, but to recommend you having a firewall exception made instead.

These would be the usual things which on, client-side, could issue such a problem for the player. If neither of the suggestions worked out fine for you, then please do let us know.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Eronox
MVP

Re: HELP with conntection

#3 » Post by Eronox » 19 Jun 2017 14:44

Author has successfully logged in prior to this posts timestamp,
therefor I will mark this as resolved.

If you should have further issues, or questions, please do not hesitate to open a new thread in this very section or establish a conversation with us directly at our Support IRC Lobby chat or Discord Support channel. The links are given as respectively;

https://truewow.org/chat
https://discord.gg/kV4s3Zb

Moving to Resolved,
Have a great day! :D

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash