No AddOns Folder in the download

Boiiink

No AddOns Folder in the download

#1 » Post by Boiiink » 06 Jun 2017 15:14

Hello!
I am new to this server and downloaded the client from your torrent link. And behold my surprise when I find out that I have not gotten a AddOns folder! And when I look through the torrent, one is not included at all! Where can I get a working addons folder? Or a working link to a new client with an addons folder.

MerelyASetback
Donor

Re: No AddOns Folder in the download

#2 » Post by MerelyASetback » 06 Jun 2017 15:22

Just create a new folder named "Interface" in the same folder as Wow.exe.
In that "Interface"-folder create a new folder named "AddOns".

You can then extract your addons into the '\Interface\AddOns\' folder.

Alternatively, start the game and log into a character, it will create it automatically.

Boiiink

#3 » Post by Boiiink » 06 Jun 2017 15:27

When i forst downloaded the torrent, it had an interface file, but it was empty. I did now as you said and made my own addons folder, but it does not show up in game.

Boiiink

#4 » Post by Boiiink » 06 Jun 2017 15:42

Now I have an addons folder, but my addons still do not show up in game, and I do not get the ''addons'' button on character selection screen.

Eronox
MVP

#5 » Post by Eronox » 06 Jun 2017 16:35

Boiiink,

In order to bring up the addons button you would first need to place working addons in to your interface/addons folder located in the World of Warcraft directory. Make sure that your addons are placed directly into that folder and not in any subdirectory.

If you're sure that they are placed in there properly but you still do not see them, then you may want to check if the addons really is placed in the same game directory as you run This client on. The case could as well be that the addons are not for 3.3.5a, which is our client.

MerelyASetback is correct, this may be auto-generated on character login as well.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Eronox
MVP

#6 » Post by Eronox » 18 Jun 2017 13:33

Author has not given any additional reply to the case,
as for the 7 days of inactivity policy I'm marking this as solved.

If you should have further issues, or questions, please do not hesitate to open a new thread in this very section or establish a conversation with us directly at our Support IRC Lobby chat or Discord Support channel. The links are given as respectively;

https://truewow.org/chat
https://discord.gg/kV4s3Zb

Moving to Resolved,
Have a great day! :D

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash