Where can I find information about transferring a live character?

Futuo

Where can I find information about transferring a live character?

#1 » Post by Futuo » 12 May 2017 14:58

I see people talking about it but I'm confused on how it works. I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and just now created my account and I'm downloading the client.

I plan to play on Primal if that makes a difference

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Where can I find information about transferring a live character?

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 12 May 2017 15:00

Read this page: https://truewow.org/transfer
Make sure to concentrate on the parts that say "Retail" as that is what you mean with "Live" character.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

IronSharona
Former Staff

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 12 May 2017 17:56

To further clarify, since I know one of the screenshot links is broken: instead of a username we need a link to a screenshot of retail WoW in windowed mode so we can see your toon selection screen as well as the transfer page behind it. The toon you want to transfer should be selected in the menu.

Instead of a password, link to a second screenshot of the armory page of your character. You should be logged in to the website with your battle.net account and have the drop down of characters expanded so we can see you character name repeated two or three times across the window. That screenshot still shows the drop down style we're looking for.

The rest is the same as other transfer types.
Good luck!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Futuo

#4 » Post by Futuo » 12 May 2017 18:18

IronSharona wrote:
12 May 2017 17:56
To further clarify, since I know one of the screenshot links is broken: instead of a username we need a link to a screenshot of retail WoW in windowed mode so we can see your toon selection screen as well as the transfer page behind it. The toon you want to transfer should be selected in the menu.

Instead of a password, link to a second screenshot of the armory page of your character. You should be logged in to the website with your battle.net account and have the drop down of characters expanded so we can see you character name repeated two or three times across the window. That screenshot still shows the drop down style we're looking for.

The rest is the same as other transfer types.
Good luck!
Not going to lie I don't really understand how to get the second pic but I did what I can. I sent in the forum but if it isn't enough please just tell me how I messed up. Also when the character is create I have the option of changing the name because I HATE my retail name

Also my desktop is a 4k monitor so sorry for such a large image

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 12 May 2017 18:23

Whoever reviews your application will let you know if anything is wrong and guide you toward fixing it, if need be :)

And yes, as soon as you first log in you can change to any race within your faction that can be your chosen class, change appearance, and change names.

Grats on the 4k. I'm jealous! Too big a photo is always better than too small, honestly. For transfers at least.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)