Lag Issues

Chillmaster

Lag Issues

#1 » Post by Chillmaster » 07 Mar 2017 00:03

So apparently some of you (including GMs) do not know what lag is.

So there I was in Battleground having lag spikes in between 4000(4k) ms and 6000(6k) ms when some butthurt kids accused me of being hacking.
I thought to myself well alright no problems I know that I am not doing anything wrong, when moments later I get juicy ban from some random GM who did not even whisper me to ask me if I was hacking or why would I even be hacking.

How does that even make sense why would I hack now after 3000 battlegrounds. So yeah I got a Ban.

Although I have another account and I logged in that account after, so here`s my MS IN DALARAN, you can imagine how much worse it would be inside a battleground with all the spell effects and groups fights.

http://imgur.com/a/dGoNR

U can check the date and the hour on the top right corner of the Screenshot (Mini-map).

Eronox
MVP

Re: Lag Issues

#2 » Post by Eronox » 07 Mar 2017 00:18

Hello.

The staff member who caught you saw you lag at only the heated-up situations where you had nothing to do but to escape the fight, according to the GM in question. On top of that, the character of yours triggered the Anti-Cheat system more than once and a specific command of ours who shows ones latency, amongst alot of other things, did not show the claimed latency of yours.

I'm expecting the staff member to comment on this too, to give the true perspective, but also the few players who did report you as well. Nevertheless, your time to appeal is dued to 48 hours from this hour and forward before the thread is to be closed. If your innonce is not being proved, that is!

Regards.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Wilcox

#3 » Post by Wilcox » 07 Mar 2017 00:27

I can't hold myself from getting involved simply because Chill is one of my closest friends next to being one of the older players still actively playing on the server. We're all left to each other now in these "less fortunate days" of the server. It has been several years since we all first met and I believe you guys can guess a thing or two about players after being exposed to them for so long.

You have to sit down and think, before handing out drastic punishments for something you can't know for sure. I'll help you out with a couple of questions.
  • Is this player trustworthy?
  • Has this player recently and knowingly done anything to harm the community?
  • Could this player have any sort of reason for hacking a battleground? (note that he has 2000~ played battlegrounds and 100k~ HK's)
Examples can be improvised. I humbly call for benefit of the doubt in this case simply because I whole heartedly believe his innocence and I urge you to do the same. Like I said, we're all left to each other. This shouldn't be the way staff treats its remaining long-term players.

Chillmaster

#4 » Post by Chillmaster » 07 Mar 2017 00:28

Yeah I guess I just PSed that then.
Or maybe it`s some dark magic and my ms doesn`t show to the GMs, how convenient.
If I was indeed abusing then that feral Aymenshadow would have never been able to actually kill me.
I literally couldn`t do anything against him because the second he showed up I was already dead. Seems to me like that "staff member" was seeing what he wanted to see and not what was actually happening.

My ms inside that BG went from 4k ms to 7k ms, NEVER in ANY second while I was inside that BG it was under 4k Ms, not a single second. If you choose indeed to not un-ban the account, its no big deal, I have plenty of chars to play for the next 3 days.

The banning act is still wrong and misjudged by whoever that "staff member" is. Just for the record.

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Mar 2017 00:54

We sure have some trigger happy GMs these days. What happened to talking to the player before issuing the ban?

The anti-cheat system is garbage, thus why automatic-bans was never enabled. It triggers on everything from lag to portals. While Nyeriah did improve it recently, it still isn't in good enough shape to bring a verdict to if the player was lagging or cheating.

The ping command is from my understanding unreliable when testing these cases. Atleast, that's what I was told when I wanted to witch-hunt Eryx when I was GM. I highly doubt it was altered in this time.

The player does as well have no previous offense other than farming crops at 3 AM, so it's unlikely that he did what the GM claimed he did.

Considering the GM didn't even try to communicate with the player and that what the GM used to judge is unreliable, I wouldn't consider it a valid ban.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Chillmaster

#6 » Post by Chillmaster » 07 Mar 2017 02:53

Y`all know I`m an asshole and what not, pissing people off for no reason, obtaining gear from arenas in orthodox ways (so called dodging/farming noobs/low geared) and stuff like that but seriously, hacking? How does that even make sense after all these years?

hey if you want to give me a 3 days ban for trash talking to people go ahead, I could not be against real facts, would be no problems. But 3 days ban for "lagswitch" hack or whatever you call it, no way, that I did not do and that is a fact.

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 07 Mar 2017 14:02

While most bans are valid, I am also curious to know how 100% certainty can be provided in this case. It should require a lot more investigating time compared to actual cheating software.

Chillmaster

#8 » Post by Chillmaster » 07 Mar 2017 14:24

I also forgot to mention that the GM banned me like 30 mins (more or less) later after that Battleground.

Cocopuffs
Donor

#9 » Post by Cocopuffs » 07 Mar 2017 16:28

was this GM around when Divix activated his lag switch? or Eryx? or even more recently Shout some DK from Horde? no? damn :(

Chillmaster

#10 » Post by Chillmaster » 07 Mar 2017 18:14

I still don`t know who is the so called GM.
Someone so sure of his actions yet didn`t show up in public, maybe trying to come up with excuses idk

KohiiKaiju

#11 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 07 Mar 2017 18:52

Chillmaster wrote:I also forgot to mention that the GM banned me like 30 mins (more or less) later after that Battleground.
This isnt really a defense. GMs often discuss infractions, check what our standards are for duration of ban, etc, so there is often a lag for bans for infractions that are not time sensitive. I will also note that being insulting to staff will only hurt your case against whichever "so called" GM banned you. Improper bans are lifted if proven erroneous, and name calling is not necessary.

Chillmaster

#12 » Post by Chillmaster » 07 Mar 2017 19:02

Sure because I`m sure you would be very happy if u got banned unfairly right?

Believe me I didn`t even start insulting anyone.

As you can see in the screen shot I had high ms, sadly didn`t bother to take screen shot during the BG because I didn`t think I would actually get banned for lagging.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#13 » Post by Errorista » 07 Mar 2017 20:23

First off sorry for late reply, I had busy day today.

Yesterday you were accused of lagswitching by some players in the battleground and in the same time you triggered our anti-cheat system multiple times so I logged on my GM char and checked whats up. During like 10 minutes of my observation you showed no signs of lag (=claimed constant 4k lag thus makes no sense). You got sudden lag spikes just 3 times when you were in high danger and your HP dropped low and your ms recovered once you reached safety. This "strange" behaviour was confirmed by multiple people in the battleground (even when they do not wish to reply here). I do not know how you even dare to claim to be innocent and that fact insults me. If you were truly just lagging then why you did not leave the bg or at least pass the damn flag to somebody else? You knew exactly what you were doing. Aymenshadow had actually hard times killing you as melee because you were constantly "teleporting" away.

Also it would be nice if players who were not present in that battleground (Gnurg, Wilcox, etc) would not participate in this topic as they have clearly nothing to add.

benta

#14 » Post by benta » 07 Mar 2017 20:47

I can confirm what Errorista is saying , it's not my duty to find out if he was abusing or not. Me , milan and some other guys can confirm that , I saw him in many bgs, and NOT a single time seen him lagging like that, and how in the world would you lag just in those ''key moments'' , it's just to much to be an coincidence.
Even if I don't like Chillmaster, I replied only because I haven't seen anyone doing that from the people that were in that specific bg. And also why people that weren't there are talking so much, when you don't actually know what happened , it's just non-sense to me, but whatsoever .

loveable

#15 » Post by loveable » 07 Mar 2017 21:02

cf bg + hack = op :lol:
well , if u laged u could leav bg as errorista said

like u can pick flag and start downlaoding , so ppl cant kill u easily , its kinda cheating
Last edited by loveable on 07 Mar 2017 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG