Web dev question

Justicelight
Donor

Web dev question

#1 » Post by Justicelight » 09 Feb 2017 19:50

Hi there!

I`m trying to look on a website where they show the ongoing contests for something. When I access the link to that page, the page is shown, with contests dating in future (for example, we`re in february, so march contests are shown) but less than one second the page is redirected to another lookalike webpage where they show the contests held last month.

I`m thinking this is a way to trick the viewers into not finding out when the contest is, so they could inform only specific people about contest, and eventually only them showing up to it.

What I want, is to get a hold of the links from that temporary page, which gives details about the contest time/place.

Is there anyone who can help me with this issue?
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Nyeriah

Re: Web dev question

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2017 19:57

Justicelight wrote:Hi there!

I`m trying to look on a website where they show the ongoing contests for something. When I access the link to that page, the page is shown, with contests dating in future (for example, we`re in february, so march contests are shown) but less than one second the page is redirected to another lookalike webpage where they show the contests held last month.

I`m thinking this is a way to trick the viewers into not finding out when the contest is, so they could inform only specific people about contest, and eventually only them showing up to it.

What I want, is to get a hold of the links from that temporary page, which gives details about the contest time/place.

Is there anyone who can help me with this issue?
Ctrl+U while the temporary page is up, if there's a way to stop while it's loading then try that too.

Justicelight
Donor

Re: Web dev question

#3 » Post by Justicelight » 09 Feb 2017 21:27

Thanks, stopping the page only resulted in having only a picture of it, without being able to access the page.

I managed to get what was on it by googling the link through http://webcache.googleusercontent.com.

Thanks again
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."