Missing learned recipes after transfer

Mehshack

Missing learned recipes after transfer

#1 » Post by Mehshack » 28 Jan 2017 01:44

Hello,

I already made a ticket in-game about this and was told to contact the staff through the forums. My transferred character has 300 skill level in each profession, but none of the recipes carried over. I have the screenshots ready, but let me know if there's anything else that I need to do.

Thanks,
Mehshack

Nymunne
Former Staff

Re: Missing learned recipes after transfer

#2 » Post by Nymunne » 28 Jan 2017 10:03

I checked the ticket history and when you got the transfer. Since your transfer was done over a week ago I'm afraid that you will not be getting the receipts because well... you could just obtain them on the other server after your transfer was done. I did not do the transfer myself but it's usually how things go so I guess Flooded can give you a better answer.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Jan 2017 10:27

The reason spells aren't carried over is because there are spell ids that are in Vanilla, but not WotLK. If we transfered them over, you might end up with some spells you shoulnd't have.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Jan 2017 10:34

Gnurg wrote:The reason spells aren't carried over is because there are spell ids that are in Vanilla, but not WotLK. If we transfered them over, you might end up with some spells you shoulnd't have.
The transfer system doesn't support recipes, they are not retrieved from file when the transfer is processed (I wonder if they are even fetched at all). I remember we had issues with some passive spells (armor proficiency for example) when it was being tested, some years ago.

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Jan 2017 11:17

Nyeriah wrote:
Gnurg wrote:The reason spells aren't carried over is because there are spell ids that are in Vanilla, but not WotLK. If we transfered them over, you might end up with some spells you shoulnd't have.
The transfer system doesn't support recipes, they are not retrieved from file when the transfer is processed (I wonder if they are even fetched at all). I remember we had issues with some passive spells (armor proficiency for example) when it was being tested, some years ago.
I don't know about the 3.3.5 transfer, but for 1.12 we chose not to include spells as there are quite a few spells which shouldn't carry over.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Jiranthos
Admin

#6 » Post by Jiranthos » 01 Feb 2017 12:37

Resolved.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in