Transfer-Manager question

Brennus

Transfer-Manager question

#1 » Post by Brennus » 23 Nov 2016 04:46

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Just couldn't find a better place to post this.

What "bugged/partially coded" means here?
I'm talking specifically about the Completed Quests thing.

If you guys need a way of getting a complete list of "completed quests" from a character in another server, a way of retrieving such list is running this macro

Code: Select all

/run QueryQuestsCompleted(); for i, v in pairs(GetQuestsCompleted()) do if (v == true) then print(tostring(i)) end end
Yeah, it will probably output more lines than the Default Chat Frame can show at once, but it's a start if you guys have some kind of AddOn for collecting these data.

I know this is not my business and I didn't mean to be nosy.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Nymunne
Former Staff

Re: Transfer-Manager question

#2 » Post by Nymunne » 23 Nov 2016 10:53

I didn't even know players could see the transfer manager tool....or at least part of it. :shock:

I think the list is for to the 1:1 transfers only. Those things are not transferred with the 1:1 transfer tool so players are losing those in the process of their character copy as it is not scripted but maybe Heihachi could reply better as he was the one who worked on the transfer system as far as I know.

Brennus

#3 » Post by Brennus » 23 Nov 2016 18:27

But how this whole transfer process work? A staff member logs the character and retrieves the info with an AddOn?
If that is the case, I guess Completed Quests would not be difficult to implement.

QueryQuestsCompleted()
for key, value in pairs(GetQuestsCompleted()) do
if (value == true) then
-- 2 options here:
-- write "key" into a SavedVariable
savedvar[key] = value
-- or output "key" into a textfield-like thing for easy ctrl+c/ctrl+v
textfield:Insert( tostring(i) .. "," )
end
end

About the Achievement Criteria, I think we would need a list of achievements that have multiple criteria first. Only then we could get what is done and what is not (but, to make sure, I'll take a look into it).

Nymunne
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Nymunne » 23 Nov 2016 18:57

Brennus wrote:But how this whole transfer process work? A staff member logs the character and retrieves the info with an AddOn?
If that is the case, I guess Completed Quests would not be difficult to implement.

QueryQuestsCompleted()
for key, value in pairs(GetQuestsCompleted()) do
if (value == true) then
-- 2 options here:
-- write "key" into a SavedVariable
savedvar[key] = value
-- or output "key" into a textfield-like thing for easy ctrl+c/ctrl+v
textfield:Insert( tostring(i) .. "," )
end
end

About the Achievement Criteria, I think we would need a list of achievements that have multiple criteria first. Only then we could get what is done and what is not (but, to make sure, I'll take a look into it).
Yes, there is a special Addon that we use to retrieve the data we need that ends up being uploaded to our server and then after checking if all is OK with the transfer we can accept it. I cannot speak of coding as that is really not something I am good at but hopefully Heihachi can enlighten you. :)
Heihachi wrote:Summoning...

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Nov 2016 19:00

Ignore that section entirely, it's outdated, wasn't updated properly. Quests are working fine for 1:1 transfers, the only thing that don't transfer over is quests currently in log and their progress, but that's probably just fine. Gems were transferring too, there was some issue that would cause socket bonuses to not activate, but I'm not sure if that's still true, since we pretty much don't have servers to transfer 1:1 characters from anymore.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Nymunne » 23 Nov 2016 19:11

We were still doing 1:1 transfers from Dal-Wow and Eternal (Genessis) but the are not that many requests so I really don't remember about the gems but I think they weren't being transferred thought not 100% sure anymore.

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Nov 2016 19:23

Nymunne wrote:We were still doing 1:1 transfers from Dal-Wow and Eternal (Genessis) but the are not that many requests so I really don't remember about the gems but I think they weren't being transferred thought not 100% sure anymore.
Yes, I'm pretty sure they were being transferred, as we even had issues with some players having gems in trinkets and other things we had to repair manually.

Heihachi
Developer

#8 » Post by Heihachi » 27 Nov 2016 03:49

That while section needs to be removed now. The tool gets the data just parsing it and making it usable was the issue for all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brennus

#9 » Post by Brennus » 28 Nov 2016 00:58

Alright. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.
I guess this topic can be locked now.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Nymunne » 28 Nov 2016 10:15

Brennus wrote:Alright. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.
I guess this topic can be locked now.
Don't worry there is no trouble. Glad the questions were answered.

Locking and moving.