I cant remember my password

Donkey20

I cant remember my password

#1 » Post by Donkey20 » 06 Oct 2016 20:52

I use to play primal wow when it first came out. I was bored and wanted to get back on.. but I cant remember my actual in game password to login and I can't find the place to reset it. now I've tried so many time that I got a account ban till 2016-10-06 20:55:59. please help

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: I cant remember my password

#2 » Post by Hansrutger » 06 Oct 2016 20:56

Greetings!

The place to reset is in your account manager. Go to "Account" And then "Account Manager". Find the place where it says "Recover Password" and you should be able to send a password to the e-mail of the account. If you forgot which e-mail you used on that account, look under your accounts ("Linked Accounts") and click on the account. You will see information there about your account along with the e-mail.

If any trouble occurs feel free to update us here!
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Jiranthos
Admin

#3 » Post by Jiranthos » 06 Oct 2016 20:57

When the realms merged into a single realmlist, Primal accounts got a "." (dot) added in front of their names.
If your account name was for example "donkey1234" your account name is now ".donkey1234". Try that.
If it doesn't work, follow Hansrutger's instructions above.
Also the "failed login" bans only last a couple of minutes, as you may have noticed yourself, so don't worry about those.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

jonek

#4 » Post by jonek » 08 Oct 2016 02:27

I also lost the password of an account I got from another person that left the server years ago.

I tried the recover password thing, but the thing is that i don't own the email of the former owner of the account. And to make it worse he is gone for ever.

I have all the cache files in the wow folder from that account, if that can proof I have had access to it before. (that i now own it)

Help pls.

: (

Nymunne
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Nymunne » 08 Oct 2016 10:12

jonek wrote:I also lost the password of an account I got from another person that left the server years ago.

I tried the recover password thing, but the thing is that i don't own the email of the former owner of the account. And to make it worse he is gone for ever.

I have all the cache files in the wow folder from that account, if that can proof I have had access to it before. (that i now own it)

Help pls.

: (
I think I replied to your ticket yesterday. Even if you have screenshots or a folder with the account that does not help us much as the user could just give his account information out to multiple players (at his own risk) so that does not prove much in your case as you could be any other player or "friend" wanting an account (no offense intended).

Due to security reasons we require players to know the e-mail that was used to register the account with. If that player does not remember it we can give up a really small hint of what that e-mail can be but if you or the user does not have access to that e-mail then you cannot get the information you need regarding accounts. The information you need is sent via e-mail and since that game account is most likely not linked to yours, not having access to his forum account won't allow you to change the password as you will not be able to access the account manager from that user.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Nymunne » 20 Oct 2016 13:34

Resolved for some time now.

Locking and moving.