Transfer from another server

Holaga

Transfer from another server

#1 » Post by Holaga » 06 Aug 2016 13:02

Hello! I would like to transfer 5 80s from gamerdistrict onto primalwow, I went into the request a transfer and it said I had to give you my username and password!? Can I transfer some other way? Screenshots?

Are transfers for primalwow even open?

Polkic
Former Staff

Re: Transfer from another server

#2 » Post by Polkic » 06 Aug 2016 13:04

You should know that transfer means transfer and NOT copy.
The char on original server will be deleted.

Holaga

#3 » Post by Holaga » 06 Aug 2016 13:07

well that was a big turn off, I guess I wont play here then

MerelyASetback
Donor

#4 » Post by MerelyASetback » 06 Aug 2016 13:10

Holaga wrote:primalwow
Holaga wrote:Are transfers for primalwow even open?
Polkic wrote:
It's like you don't even read posts at all...

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 06 Aug 2016 13:25

There is even invalid information provided here. The correct information is at the transfer page and in stickies. You are allowed one transfer from that server without the original character being deleted because it would not be a 1:1 transfer. And there is no other way to verify your ownership without it being prone to abuse.

Jiranthos
Admin

#6 » Post by Jiranthos » 06 Aug 2016 13:38

Holaga wrote:Hello! I would like to transfer 5 80s from gamerdistrict onto primalwow, I went into the request a transfer and it said I had to give you my username and password!? Can I transfer some other way? Screenshots?

Are transfers for primalwow even open?
Transfers for PrimalWoW are open. Your original character will not be deleted as it's not a 1:1 transfer (gamerdistrict is NOT progressive vanilla running on 3.3.5a, as far as I know; either way it is not the same patch/content). This means you can "copy", without deleting ONE character from there to here if you want, but yes, you will have to share the password/username with the Staff of TrueWoW/PrimalWoW. I'd recommend changing the password to something else, something neutral and then changing it back to what you had after the transfer is complete, so even TrueWoW Staff wouldn't know your real password.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in