RAF connected but not giving bonus XP?

night

RAF connected but not giving bonus XP?

#1 » Post by night » 15 Jul 2016 00:21

Skip to the end for the actual issue

some of this turned into a mess as more often than not I was merely rambling to myself.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm playing with my kids and this doesn't seem to be working fully.

I have their 3 confirmed emails in my RAF, I have the summon friend button in game, and the grant level in the drop down.
But at level 14 we are only getting ~50xp per kill *with* using our rested. Killing one on my own out of group I get ~130xp with *no* rested.

Something is not right. Definitely not "300%"

Edit: on 2nd thought, perhaps this is a visual thing but the xp is still being given? I haven't actually watched the xp bar yet.
Last edited by night on 21 Jul 2016 06:05, edited 3 times in total.

Fastor

Re: RAF connected but not giving bonus XP?

#2 » Post by Fastor » 15 Jul 2016 01:01

When you said "kids" l understood there are more of them. Is that true? I ask because, there is a general rule that if more players are in party, less XP per player is given. With that said there can be some mathematic formula that is also having impact on your end result. l myself am not sure since l only had one RaF.

night

#3 » Post by night » 15 Jul 2016 02:12

Ya, "3 confirmed emails". There are 4 of us total. But that xp still can't be right with the supposed 300% bonus. And that it specifically says it doesn't use rested but it is for us.

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 15 Jul 2016 12:23

Do a test, make a party of just two of you and check that XP. Then add one more into group and check new XP. Write all results here.

Mortium

#5 » Post by Mortium » 20 Jul 2016 12:53

Has it been tested yet? I am a bit curious myself of the result.

night

#6 » Post by night » 20 Jul 2016 22:52

no, but I've not forgotten. Was playing their characters to get rid of all rested and then give it a go as all same level fighting same level mobs. Will try tonight...

Edit.. actually, I think I figure out what is going on. Is it possible to talk with you or another GM in chat or voice? Through the forum may take a while. Although I am getting screenshots to try and show my trail here..

night

#7 » Post by night » 21 Jul 2016 00:49

So.. as concise as i can be...
-pre-merge, I had Truewow account, main Primal account, and a 2nd Primal account I let my kids friends use.
-Post merge, I seem to have never had a .xxxx name
-my 2 Primal accounts are very similar with only 1 letter difference, and I tend to use it/them everywhere. My Truewow character was automatically in my 2nd Primal account after merging, but does not show up in the realmlist as having a character there (though once True is chosen it is selectable). I can only assume they were the same account name between Primal/True as I don't remember what True's was before the merge. Not sure if that is relevant, but trying for all details.
-Most importantly --> My RAF with my kids is done through my main Primal account, but when I am logged in, on the RAF page, the "Account" drop down has the 2nd account name in it. (and no other option)
-and just to reiterate, there is still the 3 confirmed emails + the features in game like summon that show up.

I have a few screenshots to explain what I mean, but I may just be horribly confused.
- Checking my 2nd accounts RAF, the Account drop down there is .xxxx version of the signed in account
I can't remember the details of signing up.. the web account + game account?
- Under Account Manager in what should be my main account, clicking the linked account drops down info on characters on that account. They are all the ones from my secondary.
I will still do the xp test for the hell of it, but .... :cry:
Last edited by night on 21 Jul 2016 05:27, edited 1 time in total.

niqht

#8 » Post by niqht » 21 Jul 2016 05:11

<--

.night

#9 » Post by .night » 21 Jul 2016 05:12

<-

night

#10 » Post by night » 21 Jul 2016 05:27

ok, so seems i have figured it out. I think.

night is what i thought was my main. It has what I thought was my secondary (kids friends) linked. In reality it is my original Truewow with my 80.

niqht is linked to my original secondary account that was on primal before the merger.

.night is what came from Primal as it has all my old posts. My original main account. It has *no* forum linked account and I never had to change anything client side to log into it so the merger appeared transparent to me. But it wasn't, and I never caught what was happening cuz there was no reason to check the account details. The question now is, by shuffling around the links, will it effect RAF? A bit terrified to mess with this linking thing...

------------------------

It is still odd why the wrong account shows the in game RAF features such as summon. It was terribly confusing in picking a direction to go for solving this.

------------------------

So, did all the switching around and fixing this for sanity's sake, but the RAF is tied to the account. The account that my character for playing with my kids is not on. Is there anything that can be done?

night

#11 » Post by night » 23 Jul 2016 02:33

so.. before I delete this character and start over on the other account, is there anything you can do to swap the confirmed RAF emails?

Mortium

#12 » Post by Mortium » 26 Jul 2016 18:07

I do not believe we can swap the RAF e-mails. Easiest would be to just redo and make sure it's all correct this time. It is a lot easier to redo than us having to change it from our side. Also apology for no response for such a long time.

This was apparently solved through mail.

L&A.