69%
NO
31%

Total votes: 49

arnis5
Banned

ENABLE FREE TRANSFERS FROM A to H *Again*

#1 » Post by arnis5 » 03 Jul 2016 02:43

So after almost a month since we had free A to H transfer passed, we still didn't get any improvement in PVE balance. Curently after all the fixes that are have been done in ICC only 1 guild so far managed to kill LK which is on A side and now we are phasing a problem off more people leaving H side to join A. Since I am concerned about horde side balance , my guild and for good of a server ofc I think you should enable A to H transfers once again. Reason why this should be accepted is simple, A side is killing LK only so everyone leaves H side to join A , server balance goes totaly wrong and as result of that, people who are on horde side and which doesn't want to change on ally side, they decide to leave server. Now, if you ask yourself why would I accept this if it didn't have any of effect month ago what is gona be different now? And my answer is simple. I had a personal talk with some of A guild leaders and they offered a help to H side by transfering some of theyr players which will play on H side activly. So if its possible I please you to consider accepting this suggestion once again even on few days , it will be enough to help out the PVE and the balance on H side and to save the server from upcoming balance problems which will make people start leaving the server.
Last edited by arnis5 on 03 Jul 2016 02:59, edited 1 time in total.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Chillmaster

Re: ENABLE FREE TRANSFERS FROM A to H *Again*

#2 » Post by Chillmaster » 03 Jul 2016 02:48

+1 solid point

Regent
Tester

#3 » Post by Regent » 03 Jul 2016 03:00

+1
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Saddie

#4 » Post by Saddie » 03 Jul 2016 03:09

+1 from me, something needs to be done or TW will finish up dying sooner than it should.

alexiepower

#5 » Post by alexiepower » 03 Jul 2016 03:44

Why... we had this not so long ago. Doing it so many times wont help balance the server...
I guess people complain a lot about horde community being toxic (i wouldnt know since i've never played there) and they end up leaving due to specific people, names i keep hearing about again and again...but perhaps if such fact is indeed true maybe by just becoming more pleasant can help gathering more people...From what i keep hearing horde is not an attractive option due to most drama that keeps happening (Again i just hear this from people who come to ally to run to Horde's drama... and especially to run from you arnis...) so dont think it would help. If i look at the status i keep seeing 49-51% which is very very balanced...
Yul Holy/Discipline Priest

KamalFighter
Donor

#6 » Post by KamalFighter » 03 Jul 2016 03:57

+1
KamalFighter/Kamahl ~ Undead/Human Mage
Dothraki/Shallowgrave ~ Tauren/Gnome DeathKnight
Lakhrahnaz/Rahdagast ~ Undead/Human Priest
Delrith/Hammernaut ~ Troll/Draenei Shaman
Pitfighter/Thorim ~ BloodElf/Dwarf Paladin
Tillion/Folkesthunt ~ BloodElf/Draenei Hunter
Khazard/Putrid ~ Orc/Gnome Warlock
Telperion/Shadowbreeze ~ Troll/NightElf Rogue
Bellenus/Evenfall ~ Tauren/NightElf Druid
Graador/Thraim ~ Orc/Dwraf Warrior
___________________________________________________Tonight we dine in Valhala!

mcheka

#7 » Post by mcheka » 03 Jul 2016 04:04

I won't +1 or -1 yet as you raise some very valid points and give good reasons, but I will make some arguments against your proposal as well, and I will try to be constructive as it does sadden me that we don't currently have great PvE faction balance.

If I sound in any way like I'm insulting you in the post below, Arnis, please do not take it as such -- I am trying to state a few points, some of which I believe you'll agree with but may sound somewhat against you. I assure you though, I don't mean any personal insult (this time, anyway).

Point 1

I believe part of the reason for this imbalance, is actually you yourself. As Yul stated above, and has been stated by many ex-horde players on the forum, the reason many long-time horde members are currently alliance is because they have come here to escape the drama that I keep hearing about (though I haven't experienced firsthand, so take what I say with a grain of salt).

This includes member favouritism within the guild, lack of fair loot distribution, and toxic atmosphere. I don't know quite which of these, if any, is true -- but if people perceive it this way, then they won't really want to play horde anyway.

Another example of how you were somewhat responsible for the Horde's current situation was stealing Paramount's id. I've heard over a period of a few months from ex-officers of Paramount officers/leaders, that since they were already struggling as they were still trying to get members, etc, this essentially pushed a number of members over the edge and they left, after which the guild was no longer sustainable. I know you are sorry for what happened and paid for it with a week-long ban, so again I emphasize that it's not an insult, but just me stating the way of things. I also understand quite well how it is to be in a position to represent a guild and make decisions for the guild, as I have been in this position myself multiple times and I haven't always been proud of how I acted.

Still, at the moment, I believe one of the major things that needs to change is people's perception of you -- they need to see that Horde is not a hostile place... not a place where guilds steal each others' IDs and cause bullshit drama amongst themselves.

Point 2

LK is supposedly fixed, more or less fully fixed on the next update. No more LoS issues with Valks. No more defile at the same time as the second wave of valks. This means that it will be feasible for all the major guilds of the server to kill it. Alliance only has a single kill to their name so far, and as many people have pointed out to the point that it's unfair, it was a kill with a quite-favourable RNG roll and even that took painstaking training and effort, and the guild's very best players to achieve.

More kills from both sides will be coming soon, I'm quite sure.

Point 3

We just had free A -> H transfers. If that didn't help, why would it this time? I guess this time it's that Divinity wants to move to Horde. Maybe they can ask for a guild transfer as I believe this has been done in the past by admins, or maybe they can simply vote (25 days of voting total) or donate to help the server out a bit in the process.

Point 4

Alliance is struggling too. The whole server is struggling. Population is lower, and this is pretty normal for the summer. Even if it really is lower than previous summers, Horde isn't the only one with problems raiding, even if it may seem like it to you.

I would wait off until LK is fixed fully, and a few weeks after that so guilds get a chance to learn to kill it well, before voting +1 or -1 (though if you asked me right now to vote either way I'd say -1).
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Saddie

#8 » Post by Saddie » 03 Jul 2016 05:22

Actually as someone who has been more active in horde over the past months... there has been no drama for quite a while now, people are just leaving because they want gear that it's easier for them to obtain by just bidding DKP for it than it would be by actually having to achieve a certain level of performance, whoever is saying that they left cause of drama are lying.

And before anyone says I'm saying this because I'm part of Hellraisers, feel free to look my characters up, I've been guildless since around february.

Amoriann
Donor

#9 » Post by Amoriann » 03 Jul 2016 05:42

+1 Orc DeathKnight here I come <3
Professional Dps.

Chillmaster

#10 » Post by Chillmaster » 03 Jul 2016 05:43

Alright so let me leave a little comment here for the Saddie`s last post:

People in this server care about loot, mostly LK weapons. Many people simply switch to whoever`s guild can kill Lich King and that is a fact. So given the fact that Inquisition killed Lich king you can expect people to move from horde to Inquisition, from Ascension, Crit happens, Divinity to inquisition.

DKPs System is the best system to those people, because they know that the more they raid the closer they get to the gear they want. Besides you win something each time u kill a boss unlike the normal raids where u can do a full icc by /rolling and lose everything u rolled for and have the raid as a waste of time. So yes it is true that a lot people want to go for DKPs.

Now answering to one specific point (point3) of macheka:
Arnis made this post, the concerned horde player and if im not wrong also Hellraisers`s guild leader. He is probably watching his guildies leaving to go to alliance side right now. Now sorry for the expression but how can you pull this out of your ass " I guess this time it's that Divinity wants to move to Horde." when nothing in this post is regarding to Divinity. If Divinity wanted to go horde Divinity would have gone horde long time ago.

I understand your concern though, but i believe that point has nothing to contribute to this post.

Regarding to the "point 4" Alliance is struggling but alliance has 1 kill which means the "gearwhores" are already switching faction to alliance side which will cause the unbalance. regarding to the point 2 yes it will be fixed but by then the players from horde will probably have changed faction already. Regarding to the point 1 yes the attitude of the horde players might not be the best, it can be even repugnant but they don`t really care as long as they get loot.

kerekes

#11 » Post by kerekes » 03 Jul 2016 05:48

+1

Royo

#12 » Post by Royo » 03 Jul 2016 06:02

The Alliance characters that are +1 this topic know that an imbalance of factions will be the beginning of the end for TrueWoW.

The people that are -1 this topic are more-than-likely ignorant to this situation; do you all want for TrueWoW to die off? No, I am not being over-dramatic; I'm simply stating the truth.

I don't see any drama happening on the Horde side. The public channels are not toxic at all, the guild is not toxic at all. It's basically all fun and games, and people have fun while raiding. I don't know where this "drama" is stemming from, but it seems one of those cases where one cries to someone, that someone will believe their word and everybody else against it is wrong.

Before anybody dares to say something like "you wouldn't know about Alliance" blah blah blah, wrong. I started off with my characters as Alliance. I enjoyed the leveling aspect, did some raids there, which I had fun doing so, then after that there was nothing I could possibly do anymore because the only people doing raids were the big guilds that I myself did not enjoy playing with. I moved to the Horde side, and I haven't had this much fun since retail.

So I ask again, where is this "toxic" coming from?

mcheka, why are you bringing up past events? Didn't that stuff happen like a year ago? I'm pretty sure that the people that were affected let it go already; why can't you?

tl;dr
+1 --- Alliance/Horde percentages are (from what I've seen around peak times) 57/43 --- almost close to 60/40. I've never seen it this bad to be honest. Let's populate the Horde side again guys.

devil5000

#13 » Post by devil5000 » 03 Jul 2016 06:21

+1

Well as we all know we did have that free A to H transfer not that long ago but that time alot of horde people transfered their alts so by doing that they created the illusion that alot of players actually transfered and tahts why the option was removed after 2 weeks or less time being enabled while the horde to ally was up for a month or two.We didnt rly have any drama on horde for months now but most of the time when i log and join a raid it just disbands bcs we dont have enought people that can or want to join so the raid has to be disbanded.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

xcalibour

#14 » Post by xcalibour » 03 Jul 2016 06:48

Yul is actually right BUT she is wrong to add "People run away from you arnis" let's not make this a personal dilemma technically arnis is right horde will lose it's population since one guild has so far on ally managed to kill LK since the prev fixes LK 25hc ofc the population will decrease resulting not only low population in the pve world of horde but also the pvp world as well i play both horde and ally and both factions are equal when it comes to skill and persistence it's like get to the greener side of the world from the dried up part atm. Balance is on both factions is key. Aurelian pointed out some very crucial factors advantages and disadvantages of this action and tbh every action has a corresponding reaction this might go smoothly in our minds but if the action comes into play we are arguing about this and that one should not argue about something with pixels. This is a 50/50 dealership here
Yes i am a Jamaican no i dont smoke weed

mcheka

#15 » Post by mcheka » 03 Jul 2016 07:05

Royo wrote:mcheka, why are you bringing up past events? Didn't that stuff happen like a year ago? I'm pretty sure that the people that were affected let it go already; why can't you?
They did let go -- they let go by moving on to another server or to Alliance, where they are still playing today. I can only say what was told to me by those members. Perhaps now they are letting bygones be bygones.

Chillmaster wrote:I guess this time it's that Divinity wants to move to Horde." when nothing in this post is regarding to Divinity. If Divinity wanted to go horde Divinity would have gone horde long time ago.
Arnis pretty specifically alluded to this in his original post. Perhaps it's not the case. Not being a Divinity member myself, I obviously don't know as well as you do (likewise I don't know exactly what the Horde side meant) so I concede this point.
Chillmaster wrote:Regarding to the "point 4" Alliance is struggling but alliance has 1 kill which means the "gearwhores" are already switching faction to alliance side which will cause the unbalance. regarding to the point 2 yes it will be fixed but by then the players from horde will probably have changed faction already. Regarding to the point 1 yes the attitude of the horde players might not be the best, it can be even repugnant but they don`t really care as long as they get loot.
I believe you are blowing this way out of proportion. Inquisition didn't kill LK for almost 6 weeks (I checked -- our last kill was May 21) just because raid leaders didn't want to deal with bullshit bugs (Remorseless) and go with the same "ignore Valks, stack players who can jump" tactics. We didn't lose players to other guilds despite going from 2-3 LK kills per week to 0, for nearly 6 weeks, while certain other guilds were still getting 2+ kills per week.

We are no different from any other guild on the server, so the immediate response by other guilds a mere 3 days after our single kill (which, as non-Inquisition players love to point out, had favourable RNG) about losing members seems over-the-top.

Royo wrote:I don't see any drama happening on the Horde side. The public channels are not toxic at all, the guild is not toxic at all. It's basically all fun and games, and people have fun while raiding. I don't know where this "drama" is stemming from, but it seems one of those cases where one cries to someone, that someone will believe their word and everybody else against it is wrong.
Saddie wrote:Actually as someone who has been more active in horde over the past months... there has been no drama for quite a while now, people are just leaving because they want gear that it's easier for them to obtain by just bidding DKP for it than it would be by actually having to achieve a certain level of performance, whoever is saying that they left cause of drama are lying.
devil5000 wrote:Well as we all know we did have that free A to H transfer not that long ago but that time alot of horde people transfered their alts so by doing that they created the illusion that alot of players actually transfered and tahts why the option was removed after 2 weeks or less time being enabled while the horde to ally was up for a month or two.We didnt rly have any drama on horde for months now but most of the time when i log and join a raid it just disbands bcs we dont have enought people that can or want to join so the raid has to be disbanded.

It may certainly be the case that this drama I've heard about (I haven't heard it for months now, it's true) was certain players crying, it's true. I haven't had a horde character in months, so I don't know the general sentiment there anymore. Your posts that explain this is not the case is excellent -- for any players who did have the notion like me (take it from an Alliance player -- there are a lot who think so), that Horde has been a toxic place over the past 6+ months, they may read this and realize it's not the case. So, this is good advertising. :tick:
Last edited by mcheka on 03 Jul 2016 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition