The Battle For The Undercity (Quest)

Crymaker
Donor

The Battle For The Undercity (Quest)

#1 » Post by Crymaker » 19 Jun 2016 17:03

Hello. I'm not sure if this is reported on bugtracer so i made post here asking about it.

- Can this quest be fixed aka scripted as last one in its chain?

It's one of the most interesting quests ever i would love to see it working,for those who don't know here's how it closely looks like:

Horde side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thvM9fd-pJA

Alliance side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxvQKCJagoI
JIMI

Characters:
~ Jethrotull 80 LvL Troll Shaman PvE - Restoration
~ Gothicows 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Balance
~ Sykor 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Tank
~ Jimshields 80 LvL Troll Priest PvE - Discipline
~ Jimolocks 80LvL Undead Warlock PvE - Affliction
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me.”

Royo

Re: The Battle For The Undercity (Quest)

#2 » Post by Royo » 19 Jun 2016 17:16

I support, I would definitely love to experience this quest that I never got to experience when I played retail (post-WotLK).

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 19 Jun 2016 17:37

I did that quest yesterday (horde). Overall GG scripts but with few problems

1. Elevator still exist so it breaks Feeling of Lore
2. Mobs before Verimatras mostly reset agro.

Crymaker
Donor

#4 » Post by Crymaker » 20 Jun 2016 09:11

Fastor wrote:I did that quest yesterday (horde). Overall GG scripts but with few problems

1. Elevator still exist so it breaks Feeling of Lore
2. Mobs before Verimatras mostly reset agro.
I think this aint post about did YOU do this quest,nor how it looks to you. Please open ur own post about it in future and report how it looks to you and what seems to be issue for you. Thanks.

Quest is bugged.
JIMI

Characters:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me.”

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 20 Jun 2016 09:14

Wow such hate. Just be good boy and look at timer up above to see when next Battle for Undercity start. And dont forget to talk to Thrall.

Crymaker
Donor

#6 » Post by Crymaker » 20 Jun 2016 12:55

Fastor wrote:Wow such hate. Just be good boy and look at timer up above to see when next Battle for Undercity start. And dont forget to talk to Thrall.
Just keep out of my topics,i dont hate nor like you,i made this topic as Gm responded in my ticket so its not about you,i suggest you kindly to make your topic if you wish to speak about urself or have any issues realated such as i do to present them in another your own topic.
Thanks.
JIMI

Characters:

Doctor_J
Developer

#7 » Post by Doctor_J » 20 Jun 2016 13:36

Well I confirm there are bugs with this quest as I did manage to complete the quest on lock on Friday but came across a number of issues

1) after returning a life without regret and acceping Battle for the Undercity phasing changes and all npcs disapear so theres no npc to start event although simply walking into the ruins of lorderan (even though green shit which does damage there) and leaving again made the npcs appear again.
2) As Fastor already said elevators are still there - no fun here p:
3) Trash mobs keep on evading and resetting hp
4) When you get to Varimathras he will not start combat by self and neither will thrall both will just stand there after into speech to get Thrall to start combat you have to pull Varimathras to Thrall so that thrall starts combat but then Varimathra will reset and immedietly return to spawn position but Thrall will follow him now and resume combat but will keep on resetting and you need to watch threat since seemed really easy to get agro over thrall and die
5) When did actually manage to complete quest (thrall will continuously attack Varimathras even while you are dead but while you are absent Varimathras will continuosly reset but Thrall will stay engaged but when managed to complete did so by ensuring remained on the platform with Varimathras as if you pull him down the steps or take threat away from Thrall will reset so had to stay on platform and just dot Varimathras without getting agro and let Thrall Kill him then it completed.

Jiranthos
Admin

#8 » Post by Jiranthos » 20 Jun 2016 14:01

Locking and moving as issue was resolved and it was requested by OP.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in