"Disconnected" when I try to log into realm

shayanwe

"Disconnected" when I try to log into realm

#1 » Post by shayanwe » 24 Apr 2016 00:50

I made my account and game account on truewow and set my realmlist as login.truewow.org

I can connect and see the actual realm list, 3 realms are listed, one ptr thing that is locked, malwow which im assuming is primal, which is red - and true wow which is green. If i try to connect to any realm I automatically get booted to login screen and I get a "Disconnected" message. I tried changing my password and tried both malwow and truewow servers, also I waited about 3 hours between login attempts, same thing.

Is there something I am missing because the site says the servers are online?

Naxp

Re: "Disconnected" when I try to log into realm

#2 » Post by Naxp » 24 Apr 2016 00:58

Disable your antivirus and windows firewall
Reconnect to your wireless network
Try to login.

shayanwe

#3 » Post by shayanwe » 24 Apr 2016 01:08

My firewall has always been off (I double checked), I don't have an anti-virus installed.

I reset my modem and my router and tried again - same issue. I go through all the login messages and when it tries to connect me to realm it auto-disconnects me back to login. if i press escape at the end before it attempts to connect I can reach the realm list again but no matter which server I try I get DC back to login instantly.

Mortium

#4 » Post by Mortium » 24 Apr 2016 01:21

Which OS are you using? Does this only happen to TrueWoW or also other servers?

shayanwe

#5 » Post by shayanwe » 24 Apr 2016 01:26

I'm on windows 7. Only on truewow. I've tried several BC servers and recently I've played a bit on kronos and none of them have had this issue. thanks for your time

shayanwe

#6 » Post by shayanwe » 24 Apr 2016 01:28

Ah.. I just realized the issue... I was trying to login using my vanilla client instead of my wrath client. I feel kind of dumb now but at least I resolved it haha

Mortium

#7 » Post by Mortium » 24 Apr 2016 03:01

Well I am glad it wasn't another Windows 10 problem as I have seen quite a few players receiving random disconnects due to Microsofts brilliant choice of default settings. Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay here on TrueWoW, cheers!

L&A.