Auto PvP flagged on login

Polvere

Auto PvP flagged on login

#1 » Post by Polvere » 17 Mar 2016 02:58

Hello,

Over the last three days, I've found that my lvl 48 priest automatically has the PvP flag turned on when I log on.
The flag is set even though I have not taken any action. This never used to happen.
When I click the character portrait and check 'Player vs Player' it is always set to 'Disable', yet the PvP red horde icon shows next to my character (not sure how that can get out of sync).

If I turn the option to on, then off, and wait 5 minutes it goes away.

Is there anything I could have done to cause my character to be auto PvP enabled on login?

Thank you in advance for any ideas! My google fu didn't find anything on this in retail.

devil5000

Re: Auto PvP flagged on login

#2 » Post by devil5000 » 17 Mar 2016 03:21

Think its a bug with the pvp flags.Heard from few ppl already about that bug.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Nymunne
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Nymunne » 17 Mar 2016 08:07

I believe you are talking about PrimalWow so having your PvP turned off works there.

Go in a friendly (NOT CONTESTED) territory (let's say outside Undercity (your map should show "Trisfal Glades" on the top) since you are undead), turn your PvP flag off and wait 5 minutes and your flag will be off.

Polvere

#4 » Post by Polvere » 17 Mar 2016 11:14

devil5000 wrote:Think its a bug with the pvp flags.Heard from few ppl already about that bug.
Thanks for that information, I'll keep an eye on this over the next week or so.

Cheers.

Polvere

#5 » Post by Polvere » 17 Mar 2016 11:20

Nymunne wrote:I believe you are talking about PrimalWow so having your PvP turned off works there.

Go in a friendly (NOT CONTESTED) territory (let's say outside Undercity (your map should show "Trisfal Glades" on the top) since you are undead), turn your PvP flag off and wait 5 minutes and your flag will be off.
Thank you for your response Nymunne. I should have mentioned I was on Primal.

I'm comfortable with how to turn the PvP flag off, my question was more why the flag is getting turned on in the first place.
As each time I log out is in a rested zone (either a friendly or neutral inn). I can't think of why the flag is turned on as soon as I log on.

Anyway, as devil5000 mentioned it might be a bug, I'll pay attention this week and see if I can determine any behaviour which might cause this.

Thanks again.

anniefelis

Primal is now pvp?

#6 » Post by anniefelis » 17 Mar 2016 20:02

No matter what toon I log onto, I start out with pvp flagged. Is this a new thing? I can still disable it if I sit and wait the five minutes out, but that won't always be an option if I have to log out in the middle of a contested zone. Is this how it's going to be now? We were told that primal would remain pve and never be pvp.

Roel
Founder

Re: Primal is now pvp?

#7 » Post by Roel » 17 Mar 2016 20:30

It should still be PvE, can others confirm this?
Not sure why posted in general discussion.

anniefelis

#8 » Post by anniefelis » 17 Mar 2016 20:39

Whoops, yeah...should have posted in general support. There's another topic there about it. When you log in, you're flagged for pvp no matter what zone you're in. When you pass through/fly through contested zones, it doesn't say "contested territory" so the realm itself is not pvp. Something happened with the player pvp flags to default them on.

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 17 Mar 2016 21:17

Merged a duplicate topic into this.

I have checked our configuration for the realm but nothing seems to have changed, it's still "Normal" so it should be possible to disable the PvP flag in contested territory. Not sure if this is in any way related to the merge but something indeed seems bugged.

VanillaPVE

#10 » Post by VanillaPVE » 19 Mar 2016 08:48

I am on Primal and am having the same issue with being flagged upon logging in. No idea what is causing it as I don't do any kind of pvp what so ever.

Invizigoth

#11 » Post by Invizigoth » 19 Mar 2016 17:52

Talked to GM and got suggested to do the same thing - go outside of the major city and wait 5 minutes. While it did work, I am wondering if this is something that I'll need to be doing every time I log in now, or is it acknowledged to be a bug? I know it's not a big deal for some people, but it is seriously spoiling my enjoyment of this otherwise really fun and decent server.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Nymunne » 19 Mar 2016 17:59

Invizigoth wrote:Talked to GM and got suggested to do the same thing - go outside of the major city and wait 5 minutes. While it did work, I am wondering if this is something that I'll need to be doing every time I log in now, or is it acknowledged to be a bug? I know it's not a big deal for some people, but it is seriously spoiling my enjoyment of this otherwise really fun and decent server.
I believe your answer to your question was two posts above:
Roel wrote: I have checked our configuration for the realm but nothing seems to have changed, it's still "Normal" so it should be possible to disable the PvP flag in contested territory. Not sure if this is in any way related to the merge but something indeed seems bugged.

Dubrul

#13 » Post by Dubrul » 19 Mar 2016 18:03

So I logged on with my level 1 banker. In 2 seconds I was killed by level 60 horde in SW. Yes, Stormwind. Some hordies having fun but that PVP flag is a nuisance.

Polvere

#14 » Post by Polvere » 19 Mar 2016 21:25

Roel wrote:something indeed seems bugged.
Thanks Prime! Hope it can be tracked down :)

Just some more things I noticed which might be related:

* My horde priest cannot add any alliance player to my friends list (gives error that they must be on the same faction).

* The same character is unable to buff alliance players that I pass on my travels. Normally I will PW: Fort any players I pass, but now I can only buff other hordes. However, I did some BRD prison runs later in the day and things seem to work fine in instances, it only doesn't work in out in the world.

silverius

#15 » Post by silverius » 20 Mar 2016 05:40

I get auto flagged when I log on with any character, it goes away after 5mins. Some hordes were taking advantage of this bug and killing anyone who logs on in sw earlier, even the lowbies weren't spared!