Is the Realm Offline?

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Is the Realm Offline?

#31 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Mar 2016 17:41

Really strange, don't see how I can help you from here on.
I hope you find your fix. Thanks for being reasonable and informative and not going "omg pls help" and not providing any info and actually trying suggestions.

Edit: Don't worry about ToS and EULA notices. This is isn't Blizzard, their rules don't apply here. Just scroll down and accept everything.
Maybe one of the Staff members can help you out more.

In any case try again later, when I had a similar issue, I even called up my ISP and they couldn't help, but a few days later I was able to connect and have been ever since.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nymesis
Donor

#32 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 17:46

i think i may have found the problem - the config.wtf file was not updating even though i saved the change to add in SET realmList "login.truewow.org" multiple times. its finally saved it now and i've made it to the character screen.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Jiranthos
Admin

#33 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Mar 2016 17:47

Congratulations! :) If you successfully make a character and are able to play and log out and log back in again, then please post here, so the Staff can close this thread and move it to resolved. :)

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nymesis
Donor

#34 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 18:07

yes, able to login & out and made a lil sham - thank you for the ongoing help sorting this out, very much so appreciated :)

other server never even replied when i had setup issues getting into it months ago, i had to figure it all out on my own, so this was really great.

thank you again
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Mortium

#35 » Post by Mortium » 08 Mar 2016 18:18

Awesome, glad it was fixed. I can see both of you being ingame so I'm going to go ahead and mark it as resolved, thanks for everyone's input.

L&A.