Unable to log in

.Xannidel

Unable to log in

#1 » Post by .Xannidel » 26 Jan 2016 22:52

I believe the reason for this is because my account has been inactive for over 5-6 months.

is there a work around this dilemma Prime?

Roel
Founder

Re: Unable to log in

#2 » Post by Roel » 26 Jan 2016 23:02

We don't do anything with inactive accounts but you have 7 failed logins so you're providing the wrong password. I suggest trying to reset your password in the account manager.

.Xannidel

#3 » Post by .Xannidel » 26 Jan 2016 23:04

I did do that after numerous failed attempts, this was over 3-ish hours ago so I am curious if there is a certain amount of time I need to wait until I can attempt to log in again.

Again thank you for the quick response!

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 26 Jan 2016 23:10

Normally you need to wait 10 minutes between attempts but I manually set your failed login attempts to 0. Did you manage to set a new password in the account manager? If the old password field in "Change password" is accepted then it means you have the correct password.

.Xannidel

#5 » Post by .Xannidel » 26 Jan 2016 23:20

So I changed my password multiple times and I am still unable to log in for some unknown reason.

I know the account name is correct because I had it save that information but for some reason no password seems to work for me.

Then I realize what I THOUGHT was my account password was just the password to log into the forums (stupid me) so i found the REAL place to change my password and this is what I have:
"Your IP is banned"
"Your IP is banned until 2016-01-26 23:26:27. Reason: "Failed login autoban. Failed login attempts limit exceeded (too many failed logins).""

This problem has been resolved so feel free to close this thread, again thank you Prime for your assistance.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Nymunne » 26 Jan 2016 23:33

I see you managed to login after all so I guess you managed to restore the password and the failed log-in auto ban faded a while ago.

.Xannidel

#7 » Post by .Xannidel » 26 Jan 2016 23:34

Nymunne wrote:I see you managed to login after all so I guess you managed to restore the password and the failed log-in auto ban faded a while ago.
yes, I did not see you reply so I just edited my last post to mention that, again thank you all!

Roel
Founder

#8 » Post by Roel » 27 Jan 2016 00:02

Great, moving this to resolved.