Healing Debuff applying to DPS

.kurthos

Healing Debuff applying to DPS

#1 » Post by .kurthos » 03 Sep 2015 00:20

The mana increasing debuff is applying to caster dps spells which might not be intended as it makes them nonviable compared to Rogues/Warriors who dont use mana. Something should be done as soon as possible as this will effect guilds decisions on who gets taken to their first clears and nothing feels worse than being sat because you're not the right class for the content.

xato519

Re: Healing Debuff applying to DPS

#2 » Post by xato519 » 03 Sep 2015 01:02

TY healers for putting up with this shit debuff

Analya

#3 » Post by Analya » 03 Sep 2015 06:54

I honestly don't know whether to call it shit or completely and utterly insane (had to stop myself from using a different term).

.Sorrugis

#4 » Post by .Sorrugis » 05 Sep 2015 17:37

Just going to play devils advocate here.

Not saying I agree with the debuff 100% but I will say I've enjoyed having to figure out new strategies that require me to be cautious about my mana.

On Onyxia for example, rather than blindly spamming blizzard when whelps need to die, I've found it much more efficient to start with a frost nova to proc clear casting (next arcane explosion if clear casting doesn't trigger) and then use take advantage of the free blizzard.

I've yet to experience much in ZG, so I'll remain quiet on that subject for now.

Apathetic

#5 » Post by Apathetic » 05 Sep 2015 19:31

Sorrugis wrote:Just going to play devils advocate here.

Not saying I agree with the debuff 100% but I will say I've enjoyed having to figure out new strategies that require me to be cautious about my mana.

On Onyxia for example, rather than blindly spamming blizzard when whelps need to die, I've found it much more efficient to start with a frost nova to proc clear casting (next arcane explosion if clear casting doesn't trigger) and then use take advantage of the free blizzard.

I've yet to experience much in ZG, so I'll remain quiet on that subject for now.
From a mage perspective it might not seem like much, but this debuff is making classes such as shadow priests or enhancement shamans even less viable (I'm talking about having more than one of them) since they have mana problems at this level of gear even before the debuff is taken into consideration.

If it really was implemented on DPS to increase difficulty then it is doing more harm than good for the balance reasons Kurthos already mentioned.
Parallel