Addons Don't Load - Help?

ceh789
Donor

Addons Don't Load - Help?

#1 » Post by ceh789 » 17 Jun 2015 07:21

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I have a general issue in that I can't load addons. I believe I'm missing the 'addons' button in the bottom left of the character select screen where I should be able to choose which addons to load:

Am I running the wrong client? The login screen says "Version 3.3.5 (12340) (Release)". The site I DL'd from said this was 3.3.5a.

Help?
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

Nephyx
Former Staff

Re: Addons Don't Load - Help?

#2 » Post by Nephyx » 17 Jun 2015 07:39

Hello. Be sure that you extract the given addon first. Then open the extracted folder and copy the folder inside it to your WoW/Interface/AddOns/ location.
This might happen when you copy just the extracted folder itself, it does not work then.

For example you download "Recount_335.zip" addon. You extract it and folder named "Recount_335" will be created. You can not copy this folder, but instead open it and inside you should see folder named only "Recount". You need to copy this folder and then the icon "AddOns" should appear ingame with option to activate this addon.
Right Conquers Might

ceh789
Donor

#3 » Post by ceh789 » 17 Jun 2015 08:05

Well you fixed my problem, but it was by accident :)

Just in case anyone else has the same problem - this is what I had wrong:
The copy I DL'd had a folder called WoW/AddOns and I was putting addons there. As Aelyx noted above - the correct folder is WoW/INTERFACE/AddOns.

Putting the addons in the right place made all the difference. Thanks!
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

Nephyx
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Nephyx » 17 Jun 2015 08:13

I am glad you fixed your issue. I was just pointing out on the extracted addon folder issue, because this used to happen a lot in the past with several addons.

Anyway locking and moving to resolved as the initial issue was solved.
Right Conquers Might