Account Ban...

Bryle

Account Ban...

#1 » Post by Bryle » 18 Apr 2011 08:56

I do see that the account yo_man28 has been perma ban because of hacking
may we know how you able to say that the person is hacking and can we see some evidence if possible? because I can assure you that he is not

Intervention
Former Staff

Re: Account Ban...

#2 » Post by Intervention » 18 Apr 2011 09:04

If he was banned then he most probably was.

That account name is familiar so I'm pretty sure i was the one who banned him. From memory he was climb hacking. I don't have a screenshot, i don't need one. I always bring players to the anticheat jail before i ban them and ask them if they were hacking, why they were hacking and make them aware that they are being banned. If the user goes offline before i teleport them aka freak out cause a GM appeared in front of them, i ban them instantly seems it's pretty obvious they were guilty and thus, bailed.

The question is, why do you think he isn't a hacker?
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Bryle

#3 » Post by Bryle » 18 Apr 2011 09:16

Hey Vent thanks for looking on to this one well he is my friend and i ask him to join this server
he has alot of issue with his internet he always got disconnected he is not even playing wow for a long time he told me the story he was in booty bay and he was on his mount on the way out of the town cuz he saw some horde and got afraid he notice that the only thing that moves in his screen was his toon and he check his internet and it was down the next thing he know is he cant log in so he check the forum and saw that his account is on perma ban due to hacking and that's when he run to me screaming like a girl

Intervention
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Intervention » 18 Apr 2011 10:39

That wasn't me then, i did not ban anyone out of Booty Bay since the Gnomegran king bug abuser so i don't think that was me.

I always check if the player is lagging or not before banning. Plus you can tell if someone is lagging or hacking most the time.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Bryle

#5 » Post by Bryle » 18 Apr 2011 10:45

His toon name is Blinkk a pally hmm I wonder who it was...

OkweL

#6 » Post by OkweL » 18 Apr 2011 13:25

If his toon was below level 30 then in 90% cases he WAS using hacks. Regardless that, account will be not unbanned. Unless @Roel does that.

Bryle

#7 » Post by Bryle » 19 Apr 2011 01:35

hmm but he is pass lvl 30 and I understand your point sir but what if he is part of that 10% cuz I'm sure that he is not and with this case we cant show you any proof... we can't just let those innocent player be banned just like that right? and I can see that you guys are really strict when it comes to hackers and I like it, but I'm telling you guys that right now you banned the wrong guy it's just so sad I can't show any proof....

OkweL

#8 » Post by OkweL » 19 Apr 2011 04:47

He should start this topic himself. That's first.
This is private server and, as noted in rules, anyone can be banned at anytime because of anything, including Staff mood. Even if it would be power abuse, it's still up to higher level Staffer to decide about unban or leaving it (here only GMs can ban so only admin or @Roel as owner). Actually same rule applies to muting, however Moderators can unmute if needed.

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 19 Apr 2011 15:21

The GM who banned they person should decide himself what to do. An unban shouldn't be required cause they shouldn't ban in the first place if they are not 100% sure about it. I am just here to see if you make the right decisions.

Bryle

#10 » Post by Bryle » 20 Apr 2011 02:35

I wish he was the one doing this but he doesnt know anything believe me, he doesnt even have an account in this forum and I'm too lazy to teach him because I know that it's gonna take some time for him to pick up that is why I'm doing this on behalf of him and for him to have a good time on this server since I was the one who drag him here. and to the GM who banned him please I wanna know why and what did he do to get a perma banned so that we could atleast explain ourselves. I know his toon is just past 30 almost lvl 40 and we can just remake a new one but he spent some time to that char. and I dont want his effort to go in vain

sorry for the wall of text

thank you all and see you around ingame

OkweL

#11 » Post by OkweL » 20 Apr 2011 06:12

Like you said in first post - hacking. In most cases it's speed or fly hack. Sometimes happen climbing and very rarely water walking. Gms are watching every character before banning. If we have doubts then we follow and watch longer or even ask another GM to come. Once, I've been going after player for around 1,5h constantly, even another GM appeared without asking. Because of that we have stopped taking evidence.

There were cases were player has been unbanned (like after discovering death bug in Hellfire Peninsula) BUT he had to start topic by himself and explain circumstances, like when he got banned, what he was doing etc. That could be also confirmed by other players. So untill your friend comes here, case is closed. And, as I said before, we have the right to ban at any time.

Intervention
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Intervention » 20 Apr 2011 10:34

I banned him, i know that for a fact now.

He was one of two people i believe:

1. Climb hacking in Tanaris to get over the mountain range
2. Speed hacking after he obtained his quest items to get to the NPC faster.

Is he being unbanned? No.
Why is he not being unbanned you ask? Because as i said in my initial post, i interrogate every hacker and ask them why they are being banned. If they log off once i teleport them after seeing me, it's quite evident they are attempting to avoid me, and so, i ban them.

Enough said on this topic, close please.
Chicken, Fried Chicken