GM Reviews

secretword

GM Reviews

#1 » Post by secretword » 03 Apr 2011 19:03

yes i wanna send a complaint to about the GM Peithne he muted my friend for saying Jew'd he deemed this racist well in america everyone says this it isnt even considered racial in any way shape or form ive even know and jewish american that says this all it meens is to be tricked it may say "jew" in it but we do not meen anything racial about it my friend Nooba was simply trying to ask the gm to wisper the people in his dungeon finder group and tell them to not que up with a group of 2-3 cuz it buggs things out the gm was rude ingnored my friend then silenced him so fast it as tho Piethne was waiting for it my friend was being a little rude but so was peithne all my friend wanted was to report people doing somthing your auto broudcasts tell us not too all i can say is i understand people from the united states could consider "jew'd" racist i understand that but to instantly silence no warning is just not fair in anyway shape or form ive been on servers where GM's treat people like this and it will slowly get outta hand fast and does so everytime unless somthing is done about it im not saying to get rid of or anything the more staff the better for you but Peithne was very rude now theres another GM's plays on Keon and said his/her account name is Tiger i wannted to let you know this GM was very respectable and i wish this one had more power compaired to Peithne Keon was always polite always nice and always helpfull i have never seen atleast myself im sure Peithne has been helpfull but i havnt seen it thought you might wanna know i wont let this server become GM dictated like many others i wish the staff to have a nice day and i do hope you consider what i say :D

Prite

Re: GM Reviews

#2 » Post by Prite » 03 Apr 2011 19:14

mate put some commas in your text...
comma is this »»» ,
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Aezshara

#3 » Post by Aezshara » 03 Apr 2011 19:29

It took me a while to fully understand the whole bomb of text on your post lol. Anyways. I can understand what Peithne was thinking and i respect his actions. Though he might have warned before muting. Now i don't know his side of the story fully and people that report tend to shape and bend the whole thing into their favor.

Anyways. Peithne is a Moderator just to let you know. There's a difference haha :P The point is that we take these kind of words seriously. We have pretty much people from any country in the world on this server and do not make exceptions based on what is normal in your country or not. For example: I live in Holland and if i had said something like "Joden knul" (Transalated Jewish kid) . It may not even seem offensive to others and they probaly wont even take it that way. But to alot of ppl it might be offensive.

So please keep in mind that we think of the greater picture. Respect each other's feelings and you'll be just fine

narcissa

#4 » Post by narcissa » 03 Apr 2011 20:03

Why would jewish kid be offensive? o.O

Cover25

#5 » Post by Cover25 » 03 Apr 2011 20:18

Saying Jew'd Was highly offensive for two Reasons.

1. By using it as a Phrase for being tricked you are labeling all Jews seem bad.
2. Jewish people Do not find that term Funny Nor acceptable, am i Jewish? No, will i stand for such ignorance? No.

Kraith
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Kraith » 03 Apr 2011 20:22

narcissa wrote:Why would jewish kid be offensive? o.O
My question too...

Cover25 wrote:Saying Jew'd Was highly offensive for two Reasons.

1. By using it as a Phrase for being tricked you are labeling all Jews seem bad.
2. Jewish people Do not find that term Funny Nor acceptable, am i Jewish? No, will i stand for such ignorance? No.
I don't find this offensive... Tons of stuff can be slightly offensive to some small percentage of the population. I'm glad mods are being active, but like the concerns listed before by Debi, I think this might be going too far.
http://www.truewow.org/index.php?n=server&sub=rules
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 03 Apr 2011 21:00

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jew'd
Not recommended to use this term in front of a member of the religion, as they may be quite offended.

Revernance

#8 » Post by Revernance » 03 Apr 2011 21:20

i personally would consider using it as ractist depending on the context, but each country takes things differently.

Cover25

#9 » Post by Cover25 » 03 Apr 2011 21:58

Oh and, i do live in America and i Dont see people walking down the street going, "hey I was playing poker last night with Paul and he jew'd me out of my money." If you always walk around saying it then maybe you need to reconsider Whats racist.

Kraith
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Kraith » 03 Apr 2011 22:20

haha wow, I've never said it; didn't know it existed until now (I'm not very urban/slang). :D I meant to put both quotes at the top and respond to them together. Jew'd I could see as racist and offensive to some, I meant "Joden knul" (Jewish kid) wasn't offensive IMO anyway.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Arockalypse
Donor

#11 » Post by Arockalypse » 03 Apr 2011 22:33

i think a warning wouldve done the job,
and if the word was to be repeated again, or any other wrong word used, a mute will be great
u can then say the guy got his warning!
but no warning at all is a bit harsh!
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Matsy

#12 » Post by Matsy » 03 Apr 2011 22:53

For this type of "act" there shouldnt be a warning.
Racism is one of the worst forms of insulting someone.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Aezshara

#13 » Post by Aezshara » 03 Apr 2011 22:55

Exactly what i ment Kraith ;P I more or less tried to explain that cultural differences might play a part in here :P For any non dutch player :P "Joden knul" Might not even seem offensive at all. Because they do not know what it means ;) Anyways that's it :P

Cover25

#14 » Post by Cover25 » 03 Apr 2011 23:27

Matsy wrote:For this type of "act" there shouldnt be a warning.
Racism is one of the worst forms of insulting someone.
I couldnt of said it better my self, Tbh you got lucky it was only a Short time that you were muted for. As i could of gone higher.

Intervention
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Intervention » 04 Apr 2011 02:58

"You just got jew'd out man" or "What a jew". It simply means that you are a tightass (the stereotypical view of a Jew). Friends use it at times, i think i have even referred to someone as Jew implying they are a tight ass. Anyway, using this word all depends on the context.

But, i'm going to say this for the 50th time. Mutes are so shaky now. They seem to just slam down on anything..

@Roel the rules listed definitely do not help this situation and i honestly suggest you take into consideration what i have suggested twice now and add in racism there too.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!