Cant Log - Name Change

Master6894

Cant Log - Name Change

#1 » Post by Master6894 » 05 Nov 2015 21:54

Hello! Here's a problem - I cant log any char cause game says that i should change names to 7 of 9 my characters. i cant change to the old name and cant create new char with old name even if i'll rename any char, because game says- the name is used, but its actually not. No this name on ARMORY.

Matric (GM) tried to help, but no results, he said to ask Admins, please help.
Here's what we did:
Renamed My priest Doctor to Any other name, then he flagged me to rename. i tried to rename back to Doctor and: 'The name is used'. So now i cant go back to the Doctor name. thats not the problem, but i really like the names i made 1-2 years ago like My main Master or another 80 lvl.

The same problem have my brother with almost all of his chars and my friend on their accounts.
Thank you very much!

Roel
Founder

Re: Cant Log - Name Change

#2 » Post by Roel » 07 Nov 2015 22:31

Bumping this because I also can't figure this out. It seems to be a problem with the names instead of the account/characters. There are no problems if the characters are renamed to something else but those character names are unavailable when creating a new character, even if nobody is using them.

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Nov 2015 22:37

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... 0e357be195

There are now additional checks for names (loaded from the profanity/reserved name dbcs).

From NamesReserved.dbc:

“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Nov 2015 23:12

Skye wrote:https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... 0e357be195

There are now additional checks for names (loaded from the profanity/reserved name dbcs).

From NamesReserved.dbc:

I guess this is why I couldn't name my mage Internet. :(
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Myaoming
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Myaoming » 08 Nov 2015 03:03

Simba :(
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Nov 2015 04:05

Mufasa :(

Anyway, I'm afraid nothing can be done about it. They're restrictions Blizzard has put on it, but some reason only half of them have worked this far.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 08 Nov 2015 04:11

Operator :(

Roel
Founder

#8 » Post by Roel » 08 Nov 2015 09:34

I was expecting something like this, just couldn't find the commit. I have informed him about it, it just seems like such a coincidence that almost all of his characters were using a name from that reserved list. On top of that, 3 of his friends had the same problem.

Justicelight
Donor

#9 » Post by Justicelight » 08 Nov 2015 09:48

Also, I noticed when you flag a character for recustomization and you try to do the changes and save, you get an error like "Character could not be customized". Usually that gets fixed with a client restart but it's weird it happens.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Nov 2015 14:52

Justicelight wrote:Also, I noticed when you flag a character for recustomization and you try to do the changes and save, you get an error like "Character could not be customized". Usually that gets fixed with a client restart but it's weird it happens.
That's not related to this commit (case). It's an older commit that enforced valid barber settings (facials, hairstyle, markings) and apparently it doesn't work all that good. If you have client modifications (like the WoD client) then you'll need to remove it before editing your character.
― Johnny R. Cash

ItchyVortex

#11 » Post by ItchyVortex » 08 Nov 2015 15:12

I couldnt name mine Mcnuggets ...
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Doctor_J
Developer

#12 » Post by Doctor_J » 09 Nov 2015 11:02

ah that explains why could not make character with first choice of name on Primal when I was asked to fix something there xd.

Fidelia

#13 » Post by Fidelia » 22 Nov 2015 14:06

Have the same problem with priest Sirilla. Please, tell me what I have to do? I don't want to change the name, but even when I try, it doesn't work.
Sirilla - SP/DC, 80, Horde

Mortium

#14 » Post by Mortium » 29 Jan 2016 04:27

And I wanted to name my toon God so it would say "You have been kicked by God", but I guess no one is getting their way.

On more serious note, I can see that some of the players in this thread that had this issue have successfully changed their name and some hasn't. If no response from those who haven't and they still find the situation being a problem please post here so we can continue with it, if not then locking this thread.

L&A after one week of no response.