Connection issue

cutix3

Connection issue

#1 » Post by cutix3 » 01 May 2015 18:54

Usually I have no issues at all connecting and playing. Just that suddenly I'd disconnect and when I log back in either I get stuck on loading screen with full bar or it lets me log and freezes like not load anything at all. and stays like that for a couple of hourse (Been happening all week).
Before the diagnoses begin, I'd like to point out that my connection is flawless. It's fast and reliable.

Attempts made to fix the issue:

1: Cleared cache
2: Rebooted internet and flushed DNS.

Any suggestions?

belendor

Re: Connection issue

#2 » Post by belendor » 01 May 2015 19:53

try a static ip.
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Mythilogic

#3 » Post by Mythilogic » 01 May 2015 20:36

If you're running a proxy, reable it or concider changing it.
Could be server maintence progress aswell, or just a simple crash.

Additional, here is some suggestions who crossed my mind;

1. Renew IP (possible ip conflict)

Start -> CMD -> ipconfig /release -> ipconfig /renew -> ipconfig /flushdns

If win8, only the last command is needed

2. Reset UI (possible UI conflict)

Rename the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld.
Or just delete those three folders, although and backup is recommended for laziness of reconfiguring your settings

3. Just incase (drivers)

Check if both your video and network card are up2date. I had the very same issue as you and this was the solution for poor me 8-)

4. Try another way (additional)

Try using a wired connection if you are using a wireless one now. Could be something there between

cutix3

#4 » Post by cutix3 » 01 May 2015 21:51

Mythilogic wrote:If you're running a proxy, reable it or concider changing it.
Could be server maintence progress aswell, or just a simple crash.

Additional, here is some suggestions who crossed my mind;

1. Renew IP (possible ip conflict)

Start -> CMD -> ipconfig /release -> ipconfig /renew -> ipconfig /flushdns

If win8, only the last command is needed

2. Reset UI (possible UI conflict)

Rename the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFOld.
Or just delete those three folders, although and backup is recommended for laziness of reconfiguring your settings

3. Just incase (drivers)

Check if both your video and network card are up2date. I had the very same issue as you and this was the solution for poor me 8-)

4. Try another way (additional)

Try using a wired connection if you are using a wireless one now. Could be something there between

Thanks for the response. But I'm afraid that none of those worked sir as I've already gone through them step by step. I even switched to my other IP. Turned off my proxy and nothing its all the same. I'm having no problems at all on another server. So I believe its the servers issue and nothing on my end.

EDIT: Tried static IP didn't work. Also made sure my computer is up to date. Also it happens on my tablet, lappy and pc -.-

Mythilogic

#5 » Post by Mythilogic » 02 May 2015 12:59

Reset your router, disable VoIP, IPTV, IPv6 and features who aint being used, try that

cutix3

#6 » Post by cutix3 » 02 May 2015 18:22

Had no VoIP, no IPTV and IPv6 isn't enabled even.

It's not a problem on my end. It can't be because other servers work fine.
Last edited by cutix3 on 02 May 2015 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

Polkic
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Polkic » 02 May 2015 18:25

Believe it or not, we had some cases like that in past and in most cases waiting a day or 2 solved the problem.

cutix3

#8 » Post by cutix3 » 02 May 2015 18:33

Sir, It's been a week. Also some of my friends also have the same problem.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Hansrutger » 02 May 2015 18:37

Polkic wrote:Believe it or not, we had some cases like that in past and in most cases waiting a day or 2 solved the problem.
Is that an actual solution to a problem or something you're making up and hope that "magic" will remove it? You're like those people at a company. There is a marketing department and there is a IT department. Marketing -always- thinks that everything on their screens is magic, whilst in reality what is actually happening is that IT is doing all the work. -.-'
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

testing1

#10 » Post by testing1 » 02 May 2015 18:58

Log your char from a different pc (ask some friend to log it only to char selection screen- do not log ingame). That will fix it, it is some server bug that rarely happens.

cutix3

#11 » Post by cutix3 » 02 May 2015 19:00

Did that, Hansrutger logged my char, It didn't lag on his end. Any char lags when I try.

Polkic
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Polkic » 02 May 2015 19:08

Hansrutger wrote:
Polkic wrote:Believe it or not, we had some cases like that in past and in most cases waiting a day or 2 solved the problem.
Is that an actual solution to a problem or something you're making up and hope that "magic" will remove it? You're like those people at a company. There is a marketing department and there is a IT department. Marketing -always- thinks that everything on their screens is magic, whilst in reality what is actually happening is that IT is doing all the work. -.-'
Sorry my work and ideas insulted you. We would be most happy if you would try and help us with some bugs and problems. You can just take a look at BT and solve all the open reports. And since we can see you current location as 127.0.0.1, we know for sure you know your "magic" good.
Thank you again, kind stranger from the Internet.

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 May 2015 19:13

We can't fix connection issues. The only thing we can do is help pinpointing where the problem is so hopefully the user can mend things up at their end. If the issue isn't at their end, then we are hindered incapable of doing anything.

This is the reason why these threads are usually dead ends for us, and the reason why they lie around for so long.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Hansrutger » 02 May 2015 19:18

Polkic wrote:
Hansrutger wrote:
Sorry my work and ideas insulted you. We would be most happy if you would try and help us with some bugs and problems. You can just take a look at BT and solve all the open reports. And since we can see you current location as 127.0.0.1, we know for sure you know your "magic" good.
Mate you clearly don't know history. I tried helping out and all I got was "stop writing on IRC" when I was trying to help members. This community clearly doesn't seek helpers. I'm thankful for the help you have put into issues that you have been working on solving, but you know as well as I do that "magic" is not a permanent solution to a problem, only temporarily. You're a developer and I hope you see my point.

Thanks for explaining Nyeriah.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

cutix3

#15 » Post by cutix3 » 02 May 2015 19:20

Polkic wrote:
Hansrutger wrote:
Please sir, You've said nothing helpful at all. Atleast he attempted to assist me when you didn't bother.
Nyeriah wrote:We can't fix connection issues. The only thing we can do is help pinpointing where the problem is so hopefully the user can mend things up at their end. If the issue isn't at their end, then we are hindered incapable of doing anything.

This is the reason why these threads are usually dead ends for us, and the reason why they lie around for so long.
What I got from this is that the problem is on the hosts / servers end. Which is why I created the topic in the first place. Something is wrong with either the host or the server and I knew that since my first post. So what can I or We do to fix the issue? Maybe contact the host provider or something. There must be something to do about it.