Must obtain better gear fos pos

priory

Must obtain better gear fos pos

#1 » Post by priory » 19 Feb 2014 14:45

hi few days ago i dinged 80 and i did rhc's.
on of the rhc was forge of souls i did it also i did the quest inside fos.
next thing i do is pit of saron i accept quest there and did it.

next day i wake up i look up for not locked rhc's and pos fos are locked saying "you must obtain better gear"

i waited few days and yet the same lock "you must obtain better gear"

how do i solve this? i have 3.9k gs now

Nyeriah

Re: Must obtain better gear fos pos

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Feb 2014 14:49

Such average item level requirement is a blizzlike check. It was supposed to be there to prevent low geared players from queueing to instances that supposedly would be too hard for them to deal with. That way, they must start from the lower heroics that have got no average item level requirement.

It's worth mentioning that gearscore does not matter, only the average item level the player has.

????

#3 » Post by ???? » 19 Feb 2014 14:51

A recent fix to the Dungeon system was applied that doesn't let you do such instances without the minimum required gear or higher - in order to be able to do them now, you must first get better gear from elsewhere.

You can also use the Auction House to buy better gear, make better gear using professions (Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Jewelcrafting, Engineering), clear out raids for Emblems of Triumph/Frost to spend on also better gear (with Tier set perks and whatnot), or simply farm Pit of Saron (Normal difficulty) for a lot of Emblems of Triumph (kill the first two bosses, leave, reset, repeat).

priory

#4 » Post by priory » 19 Feb 2014 15:07

thats really odd you know.
i had more noob gear at start now i have more epics and suddenly i cant que?

i guess ill just wait untill it random unlocks or a random fix fixs it

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Feb 2014 15:10

Or you can just get better gear and queue :D

Otherwise no, you won't ever be able to queue for it.

If you read our posts, they'll explain you why all of a sudden you can't queue.

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 19 Feb 2014 15:29

Any addon exist that will do math of average gear? l know its shown in TW Armory (which currently not working) but a small thing in game would be nice.

Teraan

#7 » Post by Teraan » 19 Feb 2014 15:32

‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Fastor

#8 » Post by Fastor » 19 Feb 2014 15:48

Hm, this could work as Official TW replacement for GS. Could open topic about it on front page.

sstndr

#9 » Post by sstndr » 19 Feb 2014 17:32

Remember a few things:

This iLev restriction is applied to dungeon finder queues ONLY, that is, you can still walk into the instance portal and clear the heroic version of the dungeon.
The requirement is that the *average* of the *equipped* gear ilev but offhand and ammo is equal or greater than 180/200/219.
That is, if you are wearing all items, you just sum the ilev of every piece, and divide it by 16. If you are wearing only AV ring, your average iLev is 277.
Heirlooms have an iLev of 1, and still count on the calculation. That is, havng 7 heirlooms equipped (chest, shoulders, both trinkets, ring, weapon and ranged weapon) requires that the remaining items have an ilev of 319 (with highest in WotLK being 284), Less heirlooms requires 287, 261, 239, 221, 205 or 191 (with only one heirloom). TL:DR, get rid of your +exp gear ASAP.
Various NR faction (yeah, the one with tabards) sells various rare and epic gear around ilev 187-200.

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Feb 2014 03:41

------- CANNED MESSAGE STARTS -------

It does seem that the original issue reported by the original poster has been originally solved.
Furthermore, this topic is going to be locked to safe it away from the evil grave digging clan of furbogs.

If however by any means the user occur to find any other issue again, please open a new thread.

Thank you for your time, see you around and have fun!

--------- CANNED MESSAGE ENDS ---------