Arena Queue "Spam"

Vaen

Arena Queue "Spam"

#1 » Post by Vaen » 23 Dec 2013 02:29

Well, it seems every person in my 3v3 team (Madvayne's team) got banned for 1 day and Madvayne himself got banned for 7 days. I don't care about being banned on this particular day, the ban even expired already I believe. I care more about the reason of the ban. We were queuing for 3v3 on saturday and to try to get some people to queue Madvayne queued 3 times, then Prodigy banned him for supposedly spamming; so what's the problem here ? Apart from the fact that 3 lines of arena queues is apparently spam, instead of warning him (regardless of whether he had past offenses, it was 3 lines of arena queue announcer), he promptly banned him for 1 day.

Feeling that his nonexistant rights on this server (we actually don't have any as far as I know) were violated, he logged on Xoh, spammed the queue in order to taunt the GM who had banned him, and of course Prodigy fell right for it and banned him for 7 days. It seems that he was not satisfied with this, so after what is apparently 1 hour later (no idea why it took him that long) he decided to ban every person in the team for 1 day, which is in my eyes the most absurd thing ever: whatever did the other team members do ? For the love of god, Swagtrain was offline during the whole incident I think. I don't see how it makes any sense that people who are bug abusing inside battlegrounds are being warned for the first time while members of this team are getting banned for effectively nothing; are you going to give me a warning not to team up with people who are likely to "spam" the queue ? Oh wait, you didn't, you actually went straight and banned me. I couldn't actually care less about Madvayne's 7 day ban, he went and taunted Prodigy instead of making a topic where he appealed an unfair ban and hopefully Prodigy would have rethought his actions.

I haven't had any major problems with World of Warcraft staff during over 5 years of gameplay, but I consider that in this situation Prodigy lacked some serious professionalism and I can't help but think that the staff (or at least a good portion of it) is biased against members of Shadows of the Night because a few of them are troublemakers. Among a few things I believe the staff should do is make more unified decisions, create a precise definition of what spam with the arena queue is or just remove the announcer altogether if you can't be bothered to do such a thing, and of course leave out any kind of personal feelings outside your job if you already haven't, in addition to using the ban button more carefully (this goes to banning an arena team for 1 day, what exactly are they guilty of?)

Tip: After responding to a ban appeal you can leave the thread open if no flaming is going on, saves some people the need to make a new thread to post their thoughts. I hope you won't impose your one-sided opinion and then proceed to lock the thread, it'll really make me think that the quality of our staff is severely deteriorated.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

emsy
Former Staff

Re: Arena Queue "Spam"

#2 » Post by emsy » 23 Dec 2013 02:49

Vaen wrote:Apart from the fact that 3 lines of arena queues is apparently spam, instead of warning him (regardless of whether he had past offenses, it was 3 lines of arena queue announcer), he promptly banned him for 1 day.
Believe or not, it matters. The rules was made exactly because of members of your guild (nazz & co.) so he was very well aware of the rule and he broke it anyway while having previous offenses on his list. I don't know if you expect staff to be soft to u and "warn you regardless of your previous offenses" forever or what? It doesn't work like that. You've done some shit, u better behave like a saint, and not provoke a GM, which lead to further consequences. Imo 7d ban is too little for that anyway.

If you keep teasing a tiger, it won't roar, it will tear your leg off.

P.S.: If you expect the staff to act "professional" (even if this is not our profession), you should act like a normal person too. We're volunteers who spend our free time on trying to improve the server you play on for free. But instead, we have to deal with people who can't behave, which really doesn't help anyone at all.

Darchrow
Donor

#3 » Post by Darchrow » 23 Dec 2013 10:03

no you're volunteers who just want some sort of power to feel better in their worthless every day life. there's a difference... ( Maybe not you, or not all, but staff in general, don't want to name :) )
and that kind of power that you got, you don't know how to control it, so you just abuse it because you can
that being said, you're also the ones that can't behave. can't behave like a team that is, and can't behave like a " professional " staff member should.
Nazz & co. ? you think we're all his followers or something? and what the hell does Nazz have to do with this topic in the first place? Nothing at all...
Let me remind you that the person that got banned was Xoh, Madvayne, and he got banned for 1 day, although in all honesty, Prodigy should've warned him at first...
his 2nd ban, i can't really defend him on this one, he acted stupid and taunted staff which he shouldn't have done.
Go on and tell me how " not knowing the rules is no excuse " but then again, when a rule is recently made, not everyone will know of it overnight.
There is a short period of time in which the rule should be pointed out when broken, and warnings given. I am 100% sure that if prodigy told Xoh about that rule in a single whisper, he wouldn't have broken it again since it's a day ban risk.
And also, last thing, i still don't see what the hell was the point of banning Swagtrain? like really?
I really hope prodigy can answer this cause saying that it makes no sense is an understatement...
" Oh, he was in a team that spammed queue... EVEN THOUGH HE WAS OFFLINE AT THAT TIME, and had NO IDEA what was going on, but he still DESERVES to be banned, because aishfiboafsaoi "
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Zaakira

#4 » Post by Zaakira » 23 Dec 2013 11:46

emsy wrote:
If you keep teasing a tiger, it won't roar, it will tear your leg off.
yeah..u guys think u are tigers..thats why u ban people so much i guess,too much imagination,too much corruption.
Darchrow wrote:no you're volunteers who just want some sort of power to feel better in their worthless every day life. there's a difference...
^
Im not totally useless.
I can be used as a bad example.

Jah Ith Ber

#5 » Post by Jah Ith Ber » 23 Dec 2013 12:36

How on earth are we supposed to be aware of these rules? You expect us to read every godforsaken thread in this forum just to know arena queue spam is a bannable offense? Clearly some biasness going on here, when bug abusers get warnings and other people get straight up banned because of some imaginary rule.

ItchyVortex

#6 » Post by ItchyVortex » 23 Dec 2013 13:30

Im surprised a staff member answered to this without locking it for no reason: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11517

Locking that topic really remembered me an image i saw on imgur, the boss of a company saying he blocked facebook, his workers productivity would increase, and then an image below of a bird closing his eyes with a cat in front of him and saying "I closed my eyes, the cat disappeared!".
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Vaen

#7 » Post by Vaen » 23 Dec 2013 13:42

Believe or not, it matters. The rules was made exactly because of members of your guild (nazz & co.) so he was very well aware of the rule and he broke it anyway while having previous offenses on his list. I don't know if you expect staff to be soft to u and "warn you regardless of your previous offenses" forever or what? It doesn't work like that. You've done some shit, u better behave like a saint, and not provoke a GM, which lead to further consequences. Imo 7d ban is too little for that anyway.
I suggested a warning overlooking his past offenses because of the fact that very few people would consider 3 lines of arena queue as spam and you'd have to be in a very bad mood to ban for that, as for Madvayne's ban, I don't care if he got banned for 7 days for taunting a staff member, what concerns me most is that his team members got banned for effectively nothing, as I mentioned before.
you should act like a normal person too.
The problem is that I do act like a normal person and most of the people in that team do, but Prodigy still went and banned us ("unprofessionally" if I might add) because Madvayne didn't "act like a normal person".
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Polkic
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Polkic » 23 Dec 2013 14:29

You are looking this from the wrong end guys. He might be a bit to harsh but look it from our perspective. We are trying our best to give you best possible experience and there is always someone who want to break that. Also Prodigy is currently the head of this team. When you players have questions you ask GMs, but when Staff have questions we go to our team leader. Also Prodigy has been around for years now, he has many experiences with bullshit and all other things players throw at him. But at the end of the day after his work he still comes to us/you and provide us with fresh core updates that make this server run.

Darchrow
Donor

#9 » Post by Darchrow » 23 Dec 2013 15:08

no we're not looking at this in the wrong way. you are
his decision wasn't harsh, it was wrong.
In case you didn't understand, i'm not complaining over the fact that Xoh got banned
i'm complaining about how the implementation was made. He wrote on a topic most people probably don't even care about checking that he will ban for arena spam, and he did that. But the thing is, and i quote myself
but then again, when a rule is recently made, not everyone will know of it overnight.
I'm all for stopping the arena queue madness, but not in this way.
- for like a week or so, warn people for it at first, if they keep doing it, do what needs to be done
- add an auto broadcast ( off topic, some autobroadcasts are outdated )
- Speak about it here > http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 4&start=60
This is how it should be done, and if Prodigy doesn't know that after he's " been around for years " and " his many experiences with bullshit " then idk what to think about the staff of TrueWoW.
Furthermore, you say you're trying your best to give best possible experience to players. I BEG YOU, explain to me how banning Swagtrain who clearly had NOTHING to do with all of this gives us the best experience.
All in all, since you disabled staff review, i might just add that i dislike the way " the team leader " does stuff. This is my review. I don't know prodigy in person, maybe he's really nice and the best person to be alive, but that is not what i see here
What i see is someone that is using his power in the wrong way ( and he's not the only one ), and something needs to be done about this, and i suggest you start working more as a team, and that you figure out how to do things better, that is, if you truly want to give players the best possible experience.
No disrespect of offense was meant through this reply.
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

kindzadza ily

Nazzs

#10 » Post by Nazzs » 23 Dec 2013 15:28

emsy wrote:Believe or not, it matters. The rules was made exactly because of members of your guild (nazz & co.) so he was very well aware of the rule and he broke it anyway while having previous offenses on his list.
Do remind me when i was banned for Queue spam too cause clearly i don't remember it. Oh wait, that's right, it never happened.
Never said i didn't cause that's the only way to get some 3s around here but i was never warned for it let alone banned.

emsy
Former Staff

#11 » Post by emsy » 23 Dec 2013 15:50

Nazzs wrote:
emsy wrote:Believe or not, it matters. The rules was made exactly because of members of your guild (nazz & co.) so he was very well aware of the rule and he broke it anyway while having previous offenses on his list.
Do remind me when i was banned for Queue spam too cause clearly i don't remember it. Oh wait, that's right, it never happened.
Never said i didn't cause that's the only way to get some 3s around here but i was never warned for it let alone banned.
I didn't say u were banned for it, but it was you who started with massive spam of 3v3 queue and i personally talked to u about it. (Although u probably didn't know it was my character) Adding complains of players through tickets, as a result, the rule was made.

Banning of teammates probably wouldn't happen if you didn't try to provoke Prodigy. It wasn't probably ok, but i can understand that decision. In the end, they can thank their teammate for the ban

Vaen

#12 » Post by Vaen » 23 Dec 2013 16:10

Banning of teammates probably wouldn't happen if you didn't try to provoke Prodigy. It wasn't probably ok, but i can understand that decision. In the end, they can thank their teammate for the ban
You aren't even backing up how this makes any sense. Thanks for basically telling me that staff basically tolerates this kind of decision from his part, Prodigy almighty was provoked and that gives him the right to ban people who took no part in anything. You should probably work on your cohesion as staff.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Myaoming
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Myaoming » 23 Dec 2013 16:11

Alright, calm down guys. We apologize for banning people who had nothing to do with the spam, and so we decided to just deal with the person excessively spamming queues.
We also apologize for mentioning Shadows of the Night as the head of the troublemakers, despite the fact that some members in it are indeed pro troublemakers :P After all every guild has members who lean towards breaking rules and annoying others. I actually banned people for win trading 2s a while ago, and they are members of the guild I am part of.
You must know that we don't target anyone, and we punish everyone accordingly to our rules without exceptions, even real life friends, just like we help everyone, even those that we might have had personal issues with.
Now if you want Madvayne unbanned, it has to be discussed with Prodigy alone since he was the one who issued the ban (PM him or something)

I'll leave this open for few hours before locking it, and hopefully not see a new topic regarding this same subject again.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Darchrow
Donor

#14 » Post by Darchrow » 23 Dec 2013 16:14

and finally, we're all learning to understand each other bit by bit.
I think everyone should settle for a middle ground now though.
That middle ground being Mud's ban reduced to half duration, since both parties are at fault as i see it.
But ofc, last decisions remains in the hand of the one with the absolute power
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

kindzadza ily

Zaakira

#15 » Post by Zaakira » 23 Dec 2013 16:14

emsy wrote: Banning of teammates probably wouldn't happen if you didn't try to provoke Prodigy. It wasn't probably ok, but i can understand that decision. In the end, they can thank their teammate for the ban
So this is why he banned people who WERE OFFLINE and had nothing to do with all this stuffs that happened..because tiger got mad :(
aww,why didnt u say so..

And yeah i see staff review is disabled,well played prodigy,well played.

Let me tell u how this whole gonna end,he'll show up,post some lame answer,lock topic,and ban everyone who tries to open another topic about same issue,maybe even ban some of the people who posted here,doesnt even matter if u flamed or not.

And in the end people will keep getting this kind of bans,and community won't even know.
Im not totally useless.
I can be used as a bad example.