PTR bugs go here

Cyrius

Re: PTR bugs go here

#31 » Post by Cyrius » 27 Aug 2012 21:41

I want to report 2 mage related bugs

1 - Dampen magic (mage buff) doesnt work properly. Its suposed to decrease magic dmg taken and healing taken to the target affected by it. The bug consists in that the buff only decreases healing done done to the target, but not the magic dmg taken by the target.

2 - The tallent of the fire spec Empowered Fire also doesnt work properly. Its suposed to increase the dmg of several spells (i havent tested that) and more importantly when the talent is fully speced the procs of Ignite have to recover 2% of your base mana every time Ingnite ticks. The bug is that no mater how much my mana changes with gear Empowered fire restores only 65 mana per tick. No mater how you look at it, 65 mana ISNT 2% of over 18k mana.

I can easaly provide a screanshot for the 2nd bug, but ill need some time to test again the 1st one, since to prove that it works i need something that takes constant dmg to hit a mage in order to show that it doesnt vary regardless of you having Dampen magic or not.

Intervention
Former Staff

#32 » Post by Intervention » 29 Aug 2012 02:12

We tested this with Alliance attacking and Horde defending.

What works:

- Rank system from Corporal to First Lieutenant
- Catapult - Spells, movement, immunities and damage all work
- Demolisher - Spells, movement, immunities, passenger spots and damage all work
- Siege Engine - Spells, movements, immunities and damage work
- Ability to capture enemy Siege works both Horde and Alliance.
- Gates at Wintergrasp fortress are able to be destroyed
- NPC's are targetable and spawns
- Turrets on walls and towers are mountable and aim is adjustable + icons show for the correct spell to be used + the correct button.
- Turret damage is correct on vehicles.
- Turrets can be targeted and destroyed
- The fortress gate can be destroyed
- The RP-GG's are spawned and can be picked up at the siege shops - They can be cast and put you into combat
- Walls at Wintergrasp fortress are able to be destroyed
- Teleports for player porting from outside to inside work
- The tower buff works visually and stacks a maximum of 3 times (5/5/5 = 15%) 1 being minimum, 3 being maximum.
-

What doesn't work:

- Siege Engine - Passenger system can despawn the Siege Engine and port the player out of the zone, this only occured once. Every other time, we could enter the passenger seats however you cannot swap whilst in a designated position unless you exit the vehicle.
- Teleports inside the fortress to teleport vehicles do not work
- Enemy players can jump into the passenger seat of the Siege Engine
- Some issues with being able to get back onto a vehicle once you leave it (Not sure if this is meant to be so or not)
- Various NPC issues regarding phasing
- The RP-GG's do not work on any vehicle type after being casted
- The tower control debuff does not decrease or increase damage as it's meant to by 5% increments.

We didn't test....

Quote:
Engineers have access to two schematics for explosives that deal siege damage to vehicles, walls, and towers. Goblin Engineers and Gnome Engineers can both learn to make and use Saronite Bomb at 405 Engineering, and Goblin Engineers can learn to make and use Global Thermal Sapper Charge at 425 Engineering.

Didn't test getting to the Titan relic either

NPC's:

- Horde Stone Guard Mukar - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Horde Commander Dardosh - Spawned
- Horde Hoodoo Master Fu'jin - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Horde Lieutenant Murp - Spawned - (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Horde Primalist Mulfort - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Horde Siegesmith Stronghoof - Spawned
- Horde Tactical Officer Kilrath - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Horde Vieron Blazefeather - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 128)

- Alliance Anchorite Tessa - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Alliance Bowyer Randolph - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Alliance Commander Zanneth - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Alliance Siege Master Stouthandle - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Alliance Senior Demolitionist Legoso - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Alliance Sorceress Kaylana - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)
- Alliance Tactical Officer Ahbramis - Spawned (Duplicate - phasemark 1 and 64)

Now the NPC's are spawned both in the quest giver area for when there's not combat in Wintergrasp and in the fortress. I guess that is what i meant by duplicates but they all have different phases.

This isn't everything, i don't know much about Wintergrasp but i tested as much as i could and knew about.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Ragnorak
Donor

#33 » Post by Ragnorak » 30 Aug 2012 16:47

I thought this would be a good place to post the bugs encountered in SotA as of 8/30/12.
1. The ship kicks you off and forces you to swim the last 50+ yards to reach the vehicles
2. The vehicles are susceptible to all CCs as far as I can tell
3. Certain classes are still able to skip past walls and reach the Courtyard of the Ancients prematurely
4. Demolisher's Ram ability does not seem to do any siege damage anymore
5. The last wall protecting the Titan Relic seemed to be invisible and when i left the vehicle and tried to walk through it, i ended up getting trapped and couldn't get out until another person on my team captured the relic and game over.
6. This is probably the best bug so far... After SotA is finished around 5-8 of the people who were in SotA will get ported to the Frozen Sea, and the best part here is that, the people who get ported there are completely random meaning some serious PvP goes on in the Frozen Sea ftw... at least before they die of Fatigue.
-Possible Bugs with the Seaforium Charges, however i did not get a chance to test it
-Possible Bug with the driver of the demolisher being seen as if he/she was standing doing nothing while he/she is technically driving the demolisher. (You basically see a Demolisher without a driver in it, and u see the driver some distance away just standing there, like a remote controlled minion or something)
-Possible Bug with the Demolisher's primary attack sometimes not doing damage on the walls ( I am unsure of this because i was experiencing some lag during this)

So basically it seems more bugs have surfaced since we last removed SotA from RBG
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Heihachi
Developer

#34 » Post by Heihachi » 30 Aug 2012 17:08

The bug about the driver is a core bug same thing happens with the horses in the DK starting area. Its known and idk if they found a working blizzlike fix for it yet. Just my 2-cents and tbh i forgot we had a PTR i need to get on it lol

Cover25

#35 » Post by Cover25 » 30 Aug 2012 17:22

~~~SotA~~~

Confirmed bugs:

Tanks can be slowed.
Tanks can be CC'd.
Tanks can be DG'd
Players fall off the boat when it's entering the port.
Final door is invisible.
Players sometimes get stuck in tanks when they get in the tank as a passenger. They can use their normal spell abilities in the tank as a passenger.

Unconfirmed bugs:
Players are teleported to The frozen sea when exiting SotA
Tanks respawn instantly, or too quickly.
Satchel charges can't be disarmed.
Combat bug is rampant in the battleground.

If anyone can provide either fixes for the issues listed here, or supply trinity commits for them, we can look into them.

Cover25

#36 » Post by Cover25 » 30 Aug 2012 17:22

~~~Isle of Conquest~~~

Confirmed bugs:
N/A

Unconfirmed bugs:
N/A

Ragnorak
Donor

#37 » Post by Ragnorak » 30 Aug 2012 18:02

Cover25 wrote:~~~SotA~~~
Unconfirmed bugs:
Players are teleported to The frozen sea when exiting SotA
This bug is definitely confirmed, i got killed by a couple of Allies while in the Frozen Sea with them due to this bug, Uwel, Sinnerx, Downstroyer were all victims of this bug as well, i believe crown is as well.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Randomnab

#38 » Post by Randomnab » 14 Dec 2012 20:29

IoC
What I have tested and it's working :
The guns on top of the towers are doing the right damage not sure about the fire.
Demolisher do normal damage on gates.
Catapult launch is working but pretty strange.
Siege engine do normal damage on gates.

What i have tested and its not working:
Glaive damage on gates is not working they are not doing any damage at all.
Quarry and Oil refinery buffs are not working.
Bombs are always doing the same damge:huge one 10k small one 5k should be http://www.wowhead.com/item=47030/huge- ... s#comments also the stacks are not disappearing.
Boss guards are pullable with aoe spells.
Siege steam rush(or w/e name) can pass through the gates.
Boss is soloable no special things just tank and spank.
Teleporters are not working(base and hangar).
All the npcs are lvl 70.

Things that i need to test:
If bombs are defuseable.
Vehicles damage on players.
CC and other things(like DG on vehicles).
Achivs.

Ruby sanctuum:
Dont know much about this but:
Baltharus the Warborn was doing some abilities same for Saviana Ragefire pretty much scripted imo(we did manage to wipe at this one).Saviana Ragefire is hitting for 1 melee damage.

I think i forgot some things but more comming tommorow.
Pls enable cross faction whisper or something it was pretty stupid to test something when a stupid horde is killing u
EDIT:Also make IoC playable 1vs0.

Windcaller

#39 » Post by Windcaller » 02 Mar 2013 12:05

I have a Paladin, name:Smackdown, lvl 21 now, have Pursuit of Justice Talent "2points", and Have 60% Warhorse.
It Increases Movement and Mounted Movement by 15% .
So, When I ride the warhorse, My speed Should be 60% + 15% = 75% , but it still runs at 60% only . :(
I checked my speed with Carbonite addon , I tried reloading UI , Relogging and deleting cashe , The problem still on. :shock:
The Talent Pursuit of Justice's on-foot movement speed increase works, but the mounted movement speed is not working , Please look into it. :|

Darchrow
Donor

#40 » Post by Darchrow » 02 Mar 2013 12:11

dude... you made the exact same post here
> http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8770
and this topic is for the PTR ( PUBLIC TEST REALM ) As in the realm of endless cookies.... not for the live realm...
posting the same thing on different topics won't get you anywhere...
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#41 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 03 Mar 2013 13:13

Cyrius wrote: 2 - The tallent of the fire spec Empowered Fire also doesnt work properly. Its suposed to increase the dmg of several spells (i havent tested that) and more importantly when the talent is fully speced the procs of Ignite have to recover 2% of your base mana every time Ingnite ticks. The bug is that no mater how much my mana changes with gear Empowered fire restores only 65 mana per tick. No mater how you look at it, 65 mana ISNT 2% of over 18k mana.
BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA, BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA, BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA, BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA, BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA, BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA, BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA, BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA, BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA, BASE MANA, BASE MANA BASE MANA

Now that I am done with the little spam, base mana is defined by the mana you have without gears and talents to modify your mana pool or intelect. In other words... naked char with no talents.

*that moment when you realize you reply to an almost 1 year old post /facepalm*
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

S2W

#42 » Post by S2W » 16 Mar 2013 00:36

Something is messed up with character languages on PTR. Seems like Common is missing, so you can only type in racial languages (orcish, gutterspeak etc.) and communicate with the same race only. Some of my chars are unable to speak at all, getting spammed with "You cannot speak that language." message.

Edit: New characters are unable to equip some items, for example trying to equip a cloak gives "You don't have the required proficiency" error.
Last edited by Guest on 16 Mar 2013 00:45, edited 2 times in total.

Drago

#43 » Post by Drago » 16 Mar 2013 00:38

Having the same problem... Can't speak at all, getting the message "You cannot speak that language." like above poster.
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Darchrow
Donor

#44 » Post by Darchrow » 16 Mar 2013 00:46

meh, just change your spoken language and it will be fine i think. worked for me
Chat > language > ?
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Turbonerd

#45 » Post by Turbonerd » 16 Mar 2013 01:28

Darchrow wrote:meh, just change your spoken language and it will be fine i think. worked for me
Chat > language > ?