PTR bugs go here

Roel
Founder

PTR bugs go here

#1 » Post by Roel » 06 Jan 2012 01:00

Try to explain the bugs properly and possibly add screenshots. It will also help if you confirm bugs posted by others.

Tia

Re: PTR bugs go here

#2 » Post by Tia » 06 Jan 2012 11:12

Allright folks, here are some guidelines as how to make a good bug report:

-> First and foremost, whenever reporting a bug provide as much information as possible, give full names of NPCs, abilities or locations that are involved in the bug. Try to describe it to the best of your abilites and assume that person reading the report does not know anything about this bug.

-> If you can reproduce the bug multiple times, and have steps how to do it, please include them in the report.

-> If you can provide a screenshot and/or a video, do not hesitate to do so. ;)

-> If you find out that the bug has already been reported, please confirm it and add any additional information you consider helpful.

In addition, since we are going to test the Wintergrasp PvP it would be great if you can provide a report on things that are working as intended in this battleground.

Please keep this topic dedicated to bug reports only, posts that have nothing to do with reporting a bug will be deleted.

Tia

#3 » Post by Tia » 06 Jan 2012 11:14

Working As Intended

- Players are awarded the PvP Ranks accordingly to the number of kills in the battle

- Players are able to capture the workshops as intended

Tia

#4 » Post by Tia » 06 Jan 2012 11:14

Known Issues

- Queuing for Wintergrasp is not available before the battle starts

Tia

#5 » Post by Tia » 06 Jan 2012 11:14

Under Investigation

- Vehicles appear to act as controlled minions rather than vehicles, teleport the player to the place they entered the vehicle, and only visually update on the map for the player that controls them

- Vault of Archavon awards both 10 and 25 man achievements

- Players in Wintergrasp have problems ressurecting after they died

- SOTA: Seaforium is not visible after being planted and remains in inventory after player is killed

- SOTA: Turrets are not doing damage to anything
Last edited by Guest on 21 Jan 2012 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updates

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 08 Jan 2012 16:47

Ticket by Kaeda:
The bug with the WG tanks seems similar to the bugs with spells that allow you to control your minios as players. such as Eye of Killrog and Eyes of the Beast. It could be that the tanks dont actually count as vehicels but rather count as remote controled minions and that thats the reason why you are unable to view structues and players that are too far from the place that you entered the tank, would also explain why you teleport back to the spot you were on after you exit the vehicle

MagicInTheAir

#7 » Post by MagicInTheAir » 08 Jan 2012 18:06

Vault of Archavon working as intended, only thing I want to report about that is that we all got achivements for Koralon and Toravon 10 and 25 man in the 10 man version of the raid :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by MagicInTheAir on 08 Jan 2012 18:23, edited 2 times in total.
Tura - lvl 80 paladin
Miarg - lvl 80 death knight
Hael - lvl 80 mage
Alesa- lvl 80 priest
G I N K G O! <3
"Never underestimate true leadership"

MissDeath

#8 » Post by MissDeath » 08 Jan 2012 18:11

spell power apeer as 0 in character window, it should be around 1500 at lest

ench shaman.

jamhead

#9 » Post by jamhead » 08 Jan 2012 18:12

Confirmed, nothing wrong with Vault of Archavon worth mentioning apart from that.
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

My quest to prove anybody can paint - jamheadii.deviantart.com

Check out my new puzzle game Slide!

Royal

#10 » Post by Royal » 08 Jan 2012 18:17

Couldnt be there to see... but do the bosses actually use any of their abilities or does ''working as intended'' means ya can just go in and faceroll them with tank and spank?

MagicInTheAir

#11 » Post by MagicInTheAir » 08 Jan 2012 18:22

They are using their abilities, we even wiped on the frost boss 'cuz nobody dpsed the orbs xD.
Tura - lvl 80 paladin
Miarg - lvl 80 death knight
Hael - lvl 80 mage
Alesa- lvl 80 priest
G I N K G O! <3
"Never underestimate true leadership"

Shlavenzo
Honorary Member

#12 » Post by Shlavenzo » 08 Jan 2012 19:14

I - VOA :

Well , we did it only once , and it's my 1st time to do this raid , so I can't be 100% sure that everything is working , but it seems fine , and looks like bosses are using their abilities .

A - Koralon the Flame Watcher :
I was afk at this boss and didn't attend most of the fight , but i got hit by few spells while running to catch the fight .

B - Emalon the Storm Watcher :
1 - Chain Lightning and Lightning Nova seem ok .
2 - Overcharged : we kept killing adds , and i didn't watch stacks to know if he reached 10 or not , but i think he didn't reach 10 stacks to explode adds for AoE dmg .

C - Toravon the Ice Watcher :
We wiped once there bcoz of the orbs as MagicInTheAir said .
1 - Frozen Orb : the spawn every now and then and the deal some nice AoE dmg , but they could be feared and DG'd ( this might be blizzlike , idk ) .
2 - Whiteout : He casted it once or twice , but can't remember if it dealt dmg or not , prolly did :\.
3 - Frozen Mallet and Freezing Ground : Need melee to confirm , Axe said it was alright tho .

D - Archavon the Stone Watcher :
He used both of his abilities : Charge and Rock spikes , and was a fast fight as it's intended to be .

Each boss dropped some pvp and pve parts , and all dropped 2 items , didn't watch eots and eofs .

All in all , I think it's working fine , It was too easy for us anyway bcoz we had best endgame gear available , hope to see this raid on the main realm soon .

II - WG :

It was ridiculous as BGs on the main realm are , the horde outnumbered us , I saw 16H-8A at some point and their team had way too many healers , not anyone's fault , but testing wasn't possible this way , we simply couldn't do anything , they also outgeared us !! (last point was sarcastic -.- )
More ppl on that realm would help with testing , but i guess we lacked ppl today coz they were gearing .

How many VPs would it take to transfer my gear from the PTR to the main realm ?!!!! I'd like to know :)

That was all what I could remember about today , hope it'd help .

axe

#13 » Post by axe » 08 Jan 2012 20:17

There are only some minor bugs in VoA as for 10man.I would also like to say that we wiped on Toravon because of Frozen orbs and I was the only tank and this fight kinda requires 2 tanks so you could switch on too many stacks of debuff with another tank.Since I was the only tank I had too many of them and, and in my opinion that was the main thing that caused raid wipe.This raid seems more scripted then some bosses in ICC

Arnoxis

#14 » Post by Arnoxis » 08 Jan 2012 21:30

blablabla shlavenzo, u were outnumbered so u got a buff which increased ur hp by 73% and increased ur damage by 56% i saw a rogue with 54k hp, wintergrasp is balanced nicely so dont coem with sily excuses.
ur players were bad i 100-0ed a shadowmourne arms warrior in a 1v1 situation, whos name i wont tell to avoid him from being humiliated

the only thing bugged were the vehicles and after death when on the faction with the castle or w/e ud get a flying mount as ghost and it would spam the message for dismount because u cant get dismounted

Royal

#15 » Post by Royal » 09 Jan 2012 00:17

The same thing that happens to the WG tanks happens with the abom in the PP encounter.

A little more detail on da PP thing:
you will apper to move on your screen and also you will appear to be able to use your abilities on your screen, but in fact you will be standing in one place and will only be able to eat the goo on the ground if it appers exactly on the spot where you turned into the abom.
Being hit by the PP transition phase stun will cause another interesting thing, once you are hit with that, PP will move you to the position on the screen where you are at the moment (i know it doesnt make much sense, but basiclly, you will appear to move on your screen, but will actually stand in one spot up until the stun, upon being hit with the stun you will then be properly moved to the position on which you see yourself and from that point you will stand on that position until you dont get stuned again, which wont happen ofc cause there is only 1 stun that affects the abom )

I think this two bugs are connected somehow, but would need to test it next time PTR opens, ofc that can only happen if the vehicles dont have stun immunity but if the are the same as the ones in SotA i guess they dont