Re: PW currently needs incentives for PvP activity

#16 » Post by Antreon » 19 Jun 2017 16:07

Gehere wrote:
19 Jun 2017 12:21
Antreon wrote:
19 Jun 2017 11:15
Gehere wrote:
19 Jun 2017 10:35
This is a PvE server. Why are you even having this discussion?

My guess is you won't exactly gain population, if you start removing the PvE environment of the server.
they wanted to improve pvp activity and asked for suggestions, here they are

catering to PvEers only surely wont, your guess is wrong, calm your tits they arent removing the pve environment, even if they were to turn 1 single zone pvp (which i dnt think they will) you sill have 6 others to level farm etc
Calm my tits? Woah - you are such a great personality.

Catering the PvE players, on a PvE server? What a misconception, huh? I get there has to be room for both player_types - but turning this into more of a custom server, than it already is - is not the way forward for PrimalWoW. Some/Most of us, came here, because we read about a Blizzlike experience in the PvE concept. We're already struggling with this statement, by all the changes being made.

You knew what kind of server this was - when you created your account.

yes calm your tits because it wont become a pvp server, you're safe

i said they catered ONLY to pve, i dont demand all attention to go into pvp, just a small portion and you carebears are losing your shit because 10% of devs time might go into pvp, you want 100% all for yourself and in your ignorance you are slowly killing the server once more

when it first launched 2 years ago it had 600+ ppl on, even reached 800 iirc, the situation was exactly the same as now, we needed pvp changes and what did they say ? "lol pve server fk off", guess what happened, most ppl did just that and server droped to 100 ppl online
true that population always drops after a launch but when you lose 70%-80% of your pop in 2 months someone definetely fked up

Antreon

#17 » Post by Antreon » 19 Jun 2017 16:25

Mizzeeh wrote:
19 Jun 2017 13:37
Gehere wrote:
19 Jun 2017 12:21
Antreon wrote:
19 Jun 2017 11:15

they wanted to improve pvp activity and asked for suggestions, here they are

catering to PvEers only surely wont, your guess is wrong, calm your tits they arent removing the pve environment, even if they were to turn 1 single zone pvp (which i dnt think they will) you sill have 6 others to level farm etc
Calm my tits? Woah - you are such a great personality.

Catering the PvE players, on a PvE server? What a misconception, huh? I get there has to be room for both player_types - but turning this into more of a custom server, than it already is - is not the way forward for PrimalWoW. Some/Most of us, came here, because we read about a Blizzlike experience in the PvE concept. We're already struggling with this statement, by all the changes being made.

You knew what kind of server this was - when you created your account.

Asking you to calm your tits a little when you come into a thread which is simply about trying to improve an aspect of this server and shitting on it is a perfectly reasonable response.

If you'd read through the thread you'd realize that the majority of suggestions here are tailored towards BGs and arenas with only 2 smaller and more radical ones towards world PvP. If your issue is with world PvP, which it seems to be, then maybe, rather than telling people here that trying to give feedback about things they care about isn't worth it, you should give feedback about why you have issues with the suggestions they've brought forward about world PvP. That shouldn't be too difficult given that this is, as you've pointed out, a PvE server.

I think your greatest misunderstanding though, is in believing that this being a PvE server is its greatest attraction and that because it is a PvE server nobody on it cares about PvP.

There is definitely a strong core of PvPers on this server who very much enjoy it and would definitely leave if that aspect totally died, many of those PvPers are also very much into PvE and the server would be less without them in many aspects other than PvP.

Also if you have ever seen an advertisement post for this server or read any discussion about people wanting to roll here, its greatest attraction is always that it's a Vanilla/TBC server with all the QoL changes from WotLK and better overall class balance. The part about it being PvE is always secondary, I know there are definitely people who play here largely because it's one of the best PvE servers out there, but it's not such a huge draw as you seem to indicate.
all this talk about tits, some seems to have taken it way badlier than intended, whatever

nah, i think you misunderstood, i agree with pretty much everything you said

not that i want to boast or anything but i had this idea of playing older xpacs on wrath client as far back as 2011, i even remember talking to a friend about it and he said it would suck XD oh well

i love so much the concept idea of this server and really want to like it but it keeps fking up again and again, eh what can you do

majstorfanta

#18 » Post by majstorfanta » 19 Jun 2017 16:43

I think pvp isnt alive atm only because of people being busy farming rep and preraid BiS so give it some time.

About what Antreon is saying, it was 572 peak or something like that. Also it was not the pvp that made people leave and every player that has been here for longer than a year knows it.

If you have concrete suggestion in how to increase pvp activity, just suggest it and leave the topic alone, these discusions about pvp / pve got old in 2015. Hardcore pvpers saying it will die if it stays pve etc. and here we are, are you srsly going to do the same thing all over again? Nothing was fked up as you put it.
With amount of ppl working on the server it rly delivered more than one could ever hope so and still is delivering.

For my suggestion, I think they should wait it out and see when season releases and farming reps stops. blanket % reduction in dmg and healing also might be a good idea but we will not know that until we do some pvp right? It will come gradually and naturaly.

In my eyes, vanilla pvp was great succes, it was just players that were sort of giving up on it thinking it is impossible to beat certain classes/comps while in reality it wasnt. If we had healthy pvp scene with 2 skilled pvpers at least of each class, we can only imagine what would happen and who would be r1.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Fárlight

#19 » Post by Fárlight » 19 Jun 2017 18:01

People are right now farming rep, pre bis like Majstorfanta said. Also asking that PrimalWoW to be a PvP server. That won't happen this has already have been 2 years as a suggestion. All of them got declined because most of players didn't want it. Also you won't be doing a lot of world pvp anymore since people are flying. To find someone to kill in Outlands is, people are leveling or people are doing the PvP objectives if they ever will be here.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Antreon

#20 » Post by Antreon » 19 Jun 2017 18:16

majstorfanta wrote:
19 Jun 2017 16:43
vanilla pvp was great succes
http://i.imgur.com/pUfKP3M.jpg

no but srsly it was awsome the last 1-2 weeks of vanilla

@Farlight, you're right about the pvp zone and flying but we will never get a pvp zone so in the end it's pointless talk

Flooded
Former Staff

#21 » Post by Flooded » 19 Jun 2017 18:17

We're aware of World PvP objectives not being active currently and have plans to fix them, but other things are more pressing currently.

Right now Development is focused on things in this order: Server Stability, Exploits, Blocked content (Broken quests, dungeons, doors or missing quests/items), Dungeon tuning, and server economy. As we have moved through the expansion so far, we've been able to move more towards the latter of those issues only just recently.

PvP is something we need solid data on before making changes. Some things you've mentioned in this thread such as epic gems for honor are a good idea and I think we'll likely be using them eventually, but we have to think for the immediate future.

We have already implemented full honor gear for the pre-season. I agree that most players are probably focused on the leveling and PvE aspects of the game right now and until the first arena season begins. We're aware of some possible PvP and PvE imbalances, but we're waiting to get more feedback on both areas before making changes.

skyx

#22 » Post by skyx » 19 Jun 2017 20:03

lol guys please stay on topic and stop making quote pyramids!

Antreon

#23 » Post by Antreon » 20 Jun 2017 13:02

skyx wrote:
19 Jun 2017 20:03
I haven't played cata/mop/wod so I don't know how it works.

But all I know is that arena PvP should be prioritised over BG PvP so current season PvP gear should be gated by arena rating.

pvp gear was gated through arena reating in vanilla, do you know the definiton of insanity ?

skyx

#24 » Post by skyx » 20 Jun 2017 13:47

Antreon wrote:
20 Jun 2017 13:02
pvp gear was gated through arena reating in vanilla, do you know the definiton of insanity ?
You made the assumption that I have played vanilla 1.12.1 and/or vanilla PW much (which I have not).

In the case of vanilla 1.12.1, I believe the arena system was introduced during TBC and vanilla PW was still technically 3.3.5 .

Antreon

#25 » Post by Antreon » 20 Jun 2017 16:28

skyx wrote:
20 Jun 2017 13:47
Antreon wrote:
20 Jun 2017 13:02
You made the assumption that I have played vanilla 1.12.1 and/or vanilla PW much (which I have not).

In the case of vanilla 1.12.1, I believe the arena system was introduced during TBC and vanilla PW was still technically 3.3.5 .

arent we doing just that ? discussing ideas, pointing out flaws and trying to find what works, gating pvp gear through arena is proven to not work and i pointed out just that, i dont care how you take it or if i am expressing myself in a way you dont like

skyx

#26 » Post by skyx » 20 Jun 2017 19:54

Antreon wrote:
20 Jun 2017 16:28

arent we doing just that ? discussing ideas, pointing out flaws and trying to find what works, gating pvp gear through arena is proven to not work and i pointed out just that
I don't mind if the cata system or the tbc/wotlk system is in place as long as it takes decently high

arena rating to obtain PvP head/shoulders/weapons and maybe even chest; as long as PvE players can't simply "farm" their PvP gear.

Now that PvP gear has resilience and unique set bonuses and (especially) that PvE alternatives aren't superior,

gating pvp gear through arena rating should be fine.
Last edited by Eronox on 21 Jun 2017 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Removing unneccesarily foul language)

Antreon

#27 » Post by Antreon » 21 Jun 2017 09:03

skyx wrote:
20 Jun 2017 19:54
Antreon wrote:
20 Jun 2017 16:28

arent we doing just that ? discussing ideas, pointing out flaws and trying to find what works, gating pvp gear through arena is proven to not work and i pointed out just that

What actually "irritates" me are your numerous spelling errors.

And staying on topic, I don't mind if the cata system or the tbc/wotlk system is in place as long as it takes decently high

arena rating to obtain PvP head/shoulders/weapons and maybe even chest; as long as PvE players can't simply "farm" their PvP gear.

Now that PvP gear has resilience and unique set bonuses and (especially) that PvE alternatives aren't superior,

gating pvp gear through arena rating should be fine.

considering how insanely high damage is resilience isnt going to fix that much
i told you gating gear through arena is proven to not work, "gating pvp gear through arena rating should be fine" i give up
Last edited by Eronox on 21 Jun 2017 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Giving a last Chance (Removing unneccesarily foul language)

Eronox
MVP

#28 » Post by Eronox » 21 Jun 2017 12:17

Take the toxicness down a noch,
stay on topic and focus on what you wish to achieve.

It's hard for the staff to take the topic seriously when all you do is contradict each other with completely irrelevant toxic. Simply state your opinion and the reasons behind it, flaming one another for their abstract content to your picture wouldn't be neccesary anyway whatsoever.

Cleaned up and edited some posts,
please refrain from reproducing :cross:

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Chatsnap

#29 » Post by Chatsnap » 21 Jun 2017 15:47

Antreon wrote:
21 Jun 2017 09:03
i told you gating gear through arena is proven to not work, "gating pvp gear through arena rating should be fine" i give up
When was getting gear through arena proven not to work? All the years I have been playing wow, getting gear thorugh arena has always worked fine.

Antreon

#30 » Post by Antreon » 21 Jun 2017 19:04

Chatsnap wrote:
21 Jun 2017 15:47
Antreon wrote:
21 Jun 2017 09:03
When was getting gear through arena proven not to work? All the years I have been playing wow, getting gear thorugh arena has always worked fine.
maybe the 2 years of dead pvp on primalwow ? arena is far less popular than bgs (and always been) and gating it that way is a sure way to keep pvp dead for another 2 years

that said, what i proposed wouldnt "gate" pvp gear through either actually, you would be able to get the gear doing either one, or both at once, you get the pvp gear faster through arena, you get shoulders through arena, you get weapons through arena, what the actual BLEEEP! isnt that BLEEEEEP enouth ?